Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Tubing bender ASAP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Tubing bender ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Tubing bender ASAP   Tubing bender ASAP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 6:19 pm

I've looked at a lot of tubing benders and the most popular "inexpensive" bender is the JD2 model 3 at $295....plus $135 for a stand, plus $40 for a handle to operate the bender, plus $215 for the dye. and suddenly its not so cheap anymore. Anyone want to part with a used bender or rent one out to me?
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

Tubing bender ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubing bender ASAP   Tubing bender ASAP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:34 pm

sunbelt rentals has a bender that you can rent if no one has one.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Tubing bender ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubing bender ASAP   Tubing bender ASAP Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:14 am

never thought of that, thanks I'll look into that
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Tubing bender ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubing bender ASAP   Tubing bender ASAP Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 5:59 pm

Do they rent one's that have die's large enough for the tubing you need or is it a bender for conduit like a electrician uses???

Ask them for the die sizes before spending the money..

If they do, thats Great to know!!! I have been wanting to make a new Stinger for my buggy.. mbn
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

Tubing bender ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubing bender ASAP   Tubing bender ASAP Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 7:57 pm

the one I saw was huge, it looked like you would use it for for industrial pipe.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Willys
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Twisted Willys

Male
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Tubing bender ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubing bender ASAP   Tubing bender ASAP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 10:19 am

I have a pipe bender you are welcome to use any time(as long as i'm not in the middle of using it). It works great and has many different dies. 1/2" to 2".I used it to build my entire exocage. That was extra heavy wall pipe! Let me know if you want it,when you need it and about how long you will have it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/DLLME
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Tubing bender ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubing bender ASAP   Tubing bender ASAP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 1:05 pm

AWESOME! My biggest need right now is building front shock hoops. the tubing should be in on Mon or Wed next week. I'll call to set something up once I get the tubing and have the specifications. I will be using 1.25" .125 DOM and bend almost 180 degrees. Still working out the details of how to reinforce the mount. In a couple weeks I'll be building tube fenders for the rear that will implement a 6" fender and will need the bender then if the timing works out ok for you. I appreciate this Dave and will call you next week. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Willys
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Twisted Willys

Male
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Tubing bender ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubing bender ASAP   Tubing bender ASAP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 10:31 am

Hey, No problem. It's a cheap Harbor Freight deal but it works quite well.It's at work all of the time. I shouldn't really need it for a while. I might need it to build some shield supports, but that wont be for a few weeks. With you being close when you go to work if I want it back for a day or two it shouldn't be a big deal to work out.
I got my trans. mocked in for now, transfer in and clocked, SYE kit should be here late this week.Shifter kit comes Tue.. Then on to driveshaft woes. I expect my trans rebuild guy to call asking for it this week. I might actually be running in a few weeks. The "bullet proof pieces for the tran.s all came from ebay and that saved alot of $. the way this is going to be built, I shouldn't have any more trans/transfer troubles! It's time to break something else for a change! I might even come out of this with a front locker.
talk to ya later
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/DLLME
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Tubing bender ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubing bender ASAP   Tubing bender ASAP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 4:35 pm

Cool, Glad to hear things are coming along for you. I'll give you a call when the time is close. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tubing bender ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubing bender ASAP   Tubing bender ASAP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tubing bender ASAP
Page 1 of 1