Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Warn Winch Rebuild?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Warn Winch Rebuild? Empty
PostSubject: Warn Winch Rebuild?   Warn Winch Rebuild? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:53 pm

I'm curious about rebuilding/servicing my winch. I don't know if it is in need but I noticed it's not quite as "spunky". Put it this way, I'd rather find out it needs to be rebuilt in the garage before I'm in dire need of it on the trail. Nester, I think I remember you posting about a rebuild kit or common replacement parts if there is such a thing. I know they are good with replacement parts so I guess my first step is just to open it up and grease it well and see if anything is worn. Any experience or suggestions are appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Warn Winch Rebuild?   Warn Winch Rebuild? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 11:23 pm

there was just a article in one of the 4x4 mags detailing the rebuild of a Warn 8000... I'll see if I can find it.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Warn Winch Rebuild?   Warn Winch Rebuild? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 11:52 pm

I knew I saw something somewhere (i even took a mental note of it)...nester, 4x4 mag, same difference! I was just too lazy to start digging for it and hurting my brain. Thanks for the clue...i'll find it safely next to my toilet in the library of wheeling mags!
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Warn Winch Rebuild?   Warn Winch Rebuild? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 11:06 am

Hey thats where my library is too.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Warn Winch Rebuild?   Warn Winch Rebuild? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:35 am

lol! me to. Yeah you might want to just open it up and clean it out and check all your conections. I have only seen warn wenches give out a couple of times and its mostly due to bad connections or the motor is packed with crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warn Winch Rebuild?   Warn Winch Rebuild? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warn Winch Rebuild?
Page 1 of 1