Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Need advice on vehicle purchase

Go down 
+2
makitupthehardway
Rockn93YJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Need advice on vehicle purchase Empty
PostSubject: Need advice on vehicle purchase   Need advice on vehicle purchase Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:12 am

I am thinking about buying this vehicle for less than advertised. what do you think? What about the idea of buying a salvage vehicle? I will ask about the extent of damage and post up.

"2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Mileage: Just under 70K.

Engine: 4.0 Liter Inline 6

Transmission: Automatic

Axles: Rear - Heavy Duty DANA 44 with 3.73 Gears and Limited Slip - Front - DANA 30 with 3.73 Gears

Options: Hardtop, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control

I got a great deal on this Jeep after it had been in an accident. My intentions was to either put some 1-ton truck axles under it and take it on extreme off-road trips, or to leave it stock and drive it to work. After fixing the minor damage, I knew this Jeep should stay stock. It is in such great shape. At the same time as I was fixing it, our well started acting-up. We are looking at an incredible expense if we have to drill a new well, so this Jeep has to go.

Maryland State Inspection will be completed by the Auto Shop of your choice within 30 miles of Mount Airy, MD (further, if we can work it out).

This is a wonderful Jeep and ready for highway driving or for off-road adventures. The Unlimited has so much room compared to my regular wrangler.

I am pricing this to sell quickly: $13900 OBO If you need a newer Jeep, make an offer."

Need advice on vehicle purchase DSC02050
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on vehicle purchase   Need advice on vehicle purchase Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 4:39 pm

Hey Bill I say check it out and if you like it do it. You know enough to make a good call. But I wouldn't buy it unless you have Elva sold on lifting it. At least a BB and some 33's mbn Good luck. Emily wishes she had the money cause when you saw me looking at it she went "I want it"
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on vehicle purchase   Need advice on vehicle purchase Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:34 pm

oh yeah. she wont wheel it but I will certainly steal it for a weekend and do a small lift with 33" tires and "Tomb Raider" it out a bit.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on vehicle purchase   Need advice on vehicle purchase Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:21 pm

Its okay to have a pretty jeep as long as you have another that you wheel the piss out of
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on vehicle purchase   Need advice on vehicle purchase Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 10:46 pm

You will like the ride since it has coils rather than springs. I say do it, looks good. right price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on vehicle purchase   Need advice on vehicle purchase Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 pm

If anyone with a Jeep needs the extra cargo room that an unlimited offers it is you!

There will be room for Wendy, the Blue cooler and the beach chairs king
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on vehicle purchase   Need advice on vehicle purchase Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:07 pm

that is one nice looking jeep
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on vehicle purchase   Need advice on vehicle purchase Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 9:04 am

Turns out the damage was bent front axle, bent control arms in the front but no frame or body damage. He replaced the axle and control arms and is reselling it. I will be driving down tomorrow to check it out and if all is good I'll be buying it.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on vehicle purchase   Need advice on vehicle purchase Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 9:26 am

The Devil Dog wrote:
You will like the ride since it has coils rather than springs. I say do it, looks good. right price.

Tico when was the last time you took a good look at Bills Jeep. He hasn't had leaf springs in years. He talks about it alot too. Bill doesn't like leaf springs. lol!

Hey Bill know you can get a Bigger blue cooler (more beer 7 ) and the boys will have more room to enjoy the ride.

You should get a chrome grill cover for it lol!
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on vehicle purchase   Need advice on vehicle purchase Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 9:31 am

Thats Jacks jeep from the creepers right..

Very nice guy. He came down and looked at the buggy and we talked about trading for his rubicon he has for sale. We just couldnt get into the same ball park. The rubicon was wheeled hard... He has 3 different jeeps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on vehicle purchase   Need advice on vehicle purchase Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need advice on vehicle purchase
Page 1 of 1