Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Toyota?

Go down 
+5
Chris Taylor
CagedSami
Twisted Willys
rockdw72
makitupthehardway
9 posters
AuthorMessage
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:18 pm

Truggy? what do you guys think about that? Solid front axle mid 80's Yota pickup. Thats all I'm going to say, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:22 pm

I alway said that if I didn't have a jeep I would have a toyota. The low gears that are availible for the tcase are sick
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:28 pm

well I'm doing buggy math and thinking about the cheapest strongest way to get something going. I have a lead on a cheap Yota with solid front and it runs. Something about a Truggy. I could ditch the bed for a Tool box and propane tanks. Spool the rear and aussie the front w/ longfeilds and run 38's and wheel the piss out of it and not worry about it. that and save alot of weight compared to running a rig that is to heavy. Its just a thought but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Willys
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Twisted Willys

Male
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:59 pm

Me and my brother have had many toyota trucks off road over the years. He even had a rare toyota trecker! Couldnt have been happier! When you are ready for the propane kit let me know. The guy I got mine from is the cheapest around. I'll get you his #.The kit was very complete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/DLLME
CagedSami
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
CagedSami

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 6:57 am

Wow be careful isnt that like going to the darkside, not buidling a jeep buggy and all Wink Sounds like a great idea to me, the sami will be part yota by the time its done! The straight front axles ended in 85 and the closer you can get to that year the more gussets and strenght it comes with from the factory.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:29 am

Yeah well maybe I will go to the dark side Twisted Evil I will keep the Jeeps but I was thinking about building a yota truck/buggy (aka Truggy) I was surfing the pirate 1 the other night and something about just seems like a good build and something a little different. Dave if I pickup the Yota I will be calling you for that # I might try tagging it for shits and grins.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:30 am

Here are some Pics of my buddy Mike with his. Some of you met him when I brought him to a run.

Toyota? DSCN0545
Toyota? DSCN0570
Toyota? DSCN0569

Bought it for $800
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 2:32 pm

good old cheap fun. I miss those days.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:42 pm

Nester, you know what I think about Toyotas. They make some good stuff. they also make awesome doubbler kit that get you stupid low range. If you need parts for the toyota check out this site they are about the cheepest. http://www.trail-gear.com/index.html Go for it 9
or you could build one of these
Toyota? Axleswap-41
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:59 pm

Or you could start with the 9" rear and D44 I have coming off the new jeep. full width so cut them to the size you need.
Back to top Go down
CagedSami
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
CagedSami

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:17 pm

what is this 9 and 44 you talk about??? selling them i assume, can i have some details on them (sorry nester not trying to hi-jack your thread....................ok maybe I am, oh well Wink )
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 11:27 am

I saw a TACO at Paragon on Chickin that shreaded the rear ring gear just negotiating a few rocks, got some bind on the tires and there was that sickening crunching sound. since then I have no faith in toy axles. The 9" and D44 I'm speaking of is in my new jeep. I bought a 79 CJ7 with a 454 that has axles from a 78 or 79 bronco. they are full width axles with 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern. The front needs a "new spring kit" from what I'm told. Nester expressed interest in the D44 first so if he passes once I get more information to him then I will list them on this site. Randy has a D60 rear for me and had and trying to get another D60 front for me so it can handle the hp I plan on running.
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com/general-4x4-discusion-f1/new-member-of-the-family-t619.htm
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:24 pm

Bill we still need to talk about the Dana 44 when your ready. The Yota idea is cause I have found a really good deal on a old solid axle Toyota Pickup. If I buy it the goal for it will work in phases.

Stage 1 Clean truck wheel it stock.

Stage 2 Budget wheeler - Locker in the front, spool in the rear, low gears in the axles and T-case and a lift with 35's (budget is 2,500 bucks)

Stage 3 Get rid of all unneeded weight and tube out. May a exocage just over the cab and loose the bed. Full Buggy or Truggy.

I might buy it and part it out. I has a fully functional and running drivetrain. Plus from what I have seen I can build it to my YJs level on a very tight budget. Its all just talk unless I buy it wheel it stock and like it.
Back to top Go down
ptrautne
Open/Open
Open/Open

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-11

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 8:54 am

makitupthehardway wrote:
Bill we still need to talk about the Dana 44 when your ready. The Yota idea is cause I have found a really good deal on a old solid axle Toyota Pickup. If I buy it the goal for it will work in phases.

Stage 1 Clean truck wheel it stock.

Stage 2 Budget wheeler - Locker in the front, spool in the rear, low gears in the axles and T-case and a lift with 35's (budget is 2,500 bucks)

Stage 3 Get rid of all unneeded weight and tube out. May a exocage just over the cab and loose the bed. Full Buggy or Truggy.

I might buy it and part it out. I has a fully functional and running drivetrain. Plus from what I have seen I can build it to my YJs level on a very tight budget. Its all just talk unless I buy it wheel it stock and like it.

Dont waste you money looking for an 85 or older Toy pickup. When you go to do the suspension and steering your going to redo everything on the solid axle trucks. So its just as easy to get an IFS truck and do a SAS. If you buy a IFS truck you get a better chance of getting EFI and you get the wider rear axle.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 9:02 am

my dad wants to get into wheeling and has deciceded to go the way of the toyota. I think the sas would be the way to. This way he could have alot more options when it comes to grabbing a truck for him.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:14 am

Yeah well I'm on the hunt for parts. If I can find a deal on a 86 with EFI i will jump on it. But for what I plan to to with it I'm leaning to the run what I have. I'm still learning about this Toyota stuff. Its not like a jeep but so far reading up on Toyota's on the pirate and the many other site. As for my toyota it is at my shop with a cover over it till I figure what I'm going to be doing. That and I'm trying to buy a house and the piggy bank that was for my Rigs and maybe a trailer are know for the kitchen that needs to a new range top dishwasher and frig. So no toyota parts till bonus and tax season. But that give me time to do more build planning and learn more about Toyota's
Back to top Go down
ptrautne
Open/Open
Open/Open

Male

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 11:48 am

makitupthehardway wrote:
Yeah well I'm on the hunt for parts. If I can find a deal on a 86 with EFI i will jump on it. But for what I plan to to with it I'm leaning to the run what I have. I'm still learning about this Toyota stuff. Its not like a jeep but so far reading up on Toyota's on the pirate and the many other site. As for my toyota it is at my shop with a cover over it till I figure what I'm going to be doing. That and I'm trying to buy a house and the piggy bank that was for my Rigs and maybe a trailer are know for the kitchen that needs to a new range top dishwasher and frig. So no toyota parts till bonus and tax season. But that give me time to do more build planning and learn more about Toyota's

I did not see you had the toyota, high steer and rear springs up front will be your cheapest solution for good flex
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:24 pm

ptrautne wrote:

I did not see you had the toyota, high steer and rear springs up front will be your cheapest solution for good flex

Yeah thats what all the Toyota guys like to do in the front and the guys with the older motors run propane. I want to see if I can patch fix the frame and run it till I have the money to invest in a tube chassis or maybe find a old frame and start fresh and build a clean strong trail only rig that I can build for the rocks and hardcore trails to I can get back to enjoying my Yj a little more. Having the spool in the rear is great for the trails but the cops give me the evil eye when I pull up to the gas pump.
Back to top Go down
ptrautne
Open/Open
Open/Open

Male

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:55 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
ptrautne wrote:

Yeah thats what all the Toyota guys like to do in the front and the guys with the older motors run propane. I want to see if I can patch fix the frame and run it till I have the money to invest in a tube chassis or maybe find a old frame and start fresh and build a clean strong trail only rig that I can build for the rocks and hardcore trails to I can get back to enjoying my Yj a little more. Having the spool in the rear is great for the trails but the cops give me the evil eye when I pull up to the gas pump.

You should try the carb on the truck first many people run the stock carb with a few minor tweeks with no issues offroad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toyota?   Toyota? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toyota?
Page 1 of 1