Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Rausch Creek camping rules are posted

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Rausch Creek camping rules are posted Empty
PostSubject: Rausch Creek camping rules are posted   Rausch Creek camping rules are posted Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 9:18 am

With the relocation to our new driveway and parking lot, we now have a new area for camping. We plan on making further improvements to deal with muddy conditions, and also by next spring we will have some of the forest behind the camping area along Trail A thinned out for more tent camping under the trees.

All camping takes place to the right of the driveway as you come in. There are tent sites along the tree lines. Trailer/RV camping is in the middle of the graded lot in that area, however, there are no campfires allowed out in the graded area. You’ll just have to grab a lawn chair and go make friends with those who have a site with a firering if you need a campfire.

All camping remains on a reservation-only basis. Someone from your group must contact me and let me know of your plans and I can then give you the instructions you need for that particular weekend. We now have the sites numbered as to which firering you are using. We presently have nine numbered sites and will have more as we receive donations of firerings. When you register to go wheeling, we will ask for the site number you are staying at, take all the names of everyone in your group using that site, and a contact phone number.

In order to provide camping on the property, we need everyone’s cooperation. That means following the rules that are posted at each site, as well as posted in the parking lot. They are simple and basic. Leave your site clean for the next group! Do not move the firerings to other areas, make firerings out of rocks, do not leave glass, aluminum, junk, auto parts, etc. in the firerings. Alcohol is permitted only AFTER you are done driving for the night. By 10:00 a.m. you should either be checked-in to go wheeling again, or checked-out to go home. Being allowed on the property after hours is for camping purposes only. That means you can’t go driving around the comp course or go off into the trails in search of firewood. Members found to have broken any of the above rules may lose camping privileges for themselves and everyone in their group.

We thank everyone for your cooperation while we make this transition to the new area. Like I said above, we have plans for further expansion and improvements.
Back to top Go down

Rausch Creek camping rules are posted
Page 1 of 1