Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

post op on 17th

Go down 
+4
md4wheelin
UPNOVER
mdcj7
Allium
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

post op on 17th Empty
PostSubject: post op on 17th   post op on 17th Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 9:52 pm

Good run today. Paul and his daughter Mary met up with Mark and his boys at Tom's around 6. Paul was early but Mark was earlier so since it was just them they headed up to RC. My daughter and I went straight to RC and whiler we were airing down met up with Veronica and Patty. We headed toward the pole lines where we played a bit - sort of nail biting time for me since I had my daughter drive up and down the hilly part and through the puddle.

We then wandered through the greens and blues on the west and east sides. A few interesting parts of teh trail - 10 I think it was was blocked but a bunch of felled trees and another had a jeep by the frog hole (I think). Seems someone underestimated the power of the puddle!

We wrapped things up around 3:30 so we could load up then air up in the light. Cold in the morning but by afternoon had the windows open. Now Paul - well, Bikini top only, no doors.

Oh wait I forgot something - as we were headed back someone suggested heading up the hill coming out of the old staging area. We said you havent had any bad ideas yet lets give it a try.

when i figure how to upload them since they are too big for youtube you will see how off camber SomeOne was! Very close to roll over!
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

post op on 17th Empty
PostSubject: Re: post op on 17th   post op on 17th Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 10:12 pm

Had a great time king Veronica and Patty did a great job of trail guide. jeepchic all the water holes we much deeper than expected. the dry hole out side of trail 8 had two feet of water in it. Did not break anything the only way to wheel. lk
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

post op on 17th Empty
PostSubject: Re: post op on 17th   post op on 17th Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 10:24 pm

No pictures of Paul stuck in a water hole????

Gill, How did the Cherokee do?
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male

post op on 17th Empty
PostSubject: Re: post op on 17th   post op on 17th Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:34 pm

cherokee did well - found out 3 things. Oil leak somewhere that has random drops under the front end - I assume valve cover gasket, but only leaks when its been running a long time; if the battery gets disconnected the anti theft is engaged - and you cant start the car until you reset the alarm and it only took 15 minutes to figure that out!; front coils weak/old - need replacement, rubs and front end dips down onto tires. old lift so just need a stiffer coil, maybe rear springs - they seemed to be flat rather than bowed most of the time. But all in all not real worried.

It was a great maiden voyage. Nothing too hard but plenty of mud and a few smaller rocks. I almost relaxed when the daughter drove! And when she cut the tree too close it only rubbed the door handle. (did get me dreaming of an exo-cage, how do you tie that to the frame!)
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

post op on 17th Empty
PostSubject: Re: post op on 17th   post op on 17th Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 11:11 am

you cant tie it to the frame because zjs and xjs don't have them. You have to run it off points conected to the unibody which can be a real pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male

post op on 17th Empty
PostSubject: Re: post op on 17th   post op on 17th Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 11:56 am

md4wheelin wrote:
you cant tie it to the frame because zjs and xjs don't have them. You have to run it off points conected to the unibody which can be a real pain in the ass.

YA thats what I figured. As I said its a dream, I'm a lousy passenger when it comes to family driving - bad enough if I do something to the car myself, but someone else.... Bah, thats what I got the cherokee for
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

post op on 17th Empty
PostSubject: Re: post op on 17th   post op on 17th Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 11:58 am

Hey Gill keep a eye out for lift springs for XJ's on craigslist and the local boards. Normally you can get the for cheap and they are a easy install. That and if the lift is settled that much you might be able to get by with Add a leaf's in the rear and coil spacers in the front. But that will Call for a sye kit and a CV drive shaft.
Back to top Go down
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-22

post op on 17th Empty
PostSubject: Re: post op on 17th   post op on 17th Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 12:32 pm

We had an awsome day!! dfjsksdkfjsd Gil, Paul, Mark and the offspring were
a fun group to be in. We traveled all the greens and I think maybe a few blues on the east and west properties. Paul was always kind enough to offer us all a chance to play in the water holes he thought we would enjoy dgsagasjfhah , but for some reason he didn't want to come and play too scratch . And I'm sure SomeOne can't thank everyone enough for keeping SomeOne from a potential roll over lol!
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
CamoK5

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-01-20

post op on 17th Empty
PostSubject: Re: post op on 17th   post op on 17th Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 9:33 pm

Might I say a good job a leading once agin, Veronica & Patty. 9 My Boy's and I had a great time, maybe next time they will pack a lunch. Being only the second time out with the K5 I'm pleased with it, looking forward to doing a snow run. Till we meet again.

Mark
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

post op on 17th Empty
PostSubject: Re: post op on 17th   post op on 17th Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 1:18 pm

Veronica, I been hearing all good things about you leading groups on trails. That allows me to say "Welcome to the trail guides" Keep up that spirit of brotherhood, it's our unique brand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Sponsored content

post op on 17th Empty
PostSubject: Re: post op on 17th   post op on 17th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

post op on 17th
Page 1 of 1