Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Is this Jeep a good find for the price??

Go down 
+3
timberwolf
The Devil Dog
chics4jeeps
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Empty
PostSubject: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:20 pm

I have to tag it where I live but figured on historic or street rod tags.

83 CJ-7

94K miles
258 I6 with weber carb
T5 trans
Dana 300 transfer case
4.56 gears
AMC 20 rear with Detroit locker in superior 1-piece axles
Dana 30 open front
4" lifted springs
33" all terrain tires

Hard top with full steel doors
Soft top with full doors
off-road rear bumper
"baja" style spare tire carrier where the back seat is supposed to be (i still have the seat)

body is above average with the exception of the floor and body mounts
frame is in good shape
engine runs pretty well but has a bad rear main seal leak

along with the jeep you'll get almost everything you need to build another 258+ engine to drop in
30 over block
refurb crank
High output head, rebuilt and modified to fit the 258 block
new pistons, rods, bearings. intake and more

asking $3200
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:31 pm

Sound like $2200 to me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
timberwolf
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
timberwolf

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:57 pm

depends on how mush rust the tub and frame have...
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:34 pm

Yeah I have seen jeeps that have what looks to be minor rust and once you power wash and clean it could be in need of a new tub. I will low ball the crap out of the guy. Then you can get it and take what you would havepaid him and spend it on a new tub. Not that hard to do yourself as long as your good a 5000 piece puzzels. A old CJ7 with a weber is not going to wheel as nice as your TJ with EFI.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:54 pm

the driver side floor pan alway goes out first. check the frame back at the gas tank look between the gas tank and frame rail . check all the body mounts they rot from the tub and also the support on the frame will rot from the center of the bolt out. Check where the roll bar is bolted to the floor behind the front seat it rots around that plate. The RMS is easy to replace with a 4" lift it will take you about 8 hours to put in a $15 part. It may not be a RMS if it got the plastic valve cover on it it may just be oil running from there down the back of the engine. The weber carb gears and one piece axle is a plus. If the tub and frame are good I feel it not that bad of a price. if the tub is bad you can put a square headlight tub on it for about $500 and alot of work if the frame is bad I would stay away from it.
Back to top Go down
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:42 pm

So I look at this Jeep yesterday....from my untrained eye, it looks pretty good. Frame has surface rust but none that goes thru. Body mounts need help and the rear driver support area is pretty much shot. Looked behind the seat...no rust at all where roll bar mounts to floor...in fact the only problem rust is the driver floor board. It has alot of new stuff he didn't mention in ad...new ball joints, tie rod, shocks. Did say there was a ground short somewhere and the battery needs a jump after no start periods. The price comes with all new engine stuff to put in a new one but I don't have the knowledge or place to do it. Don't have to take it though and will sell cheaper without it. Engine runs with no misses...he has driven it to Paragon 2x and while it's tough on the body, he said it does fine driving.
Going to go back for second look and a drive...no tags so it'll be around the block....then see if I can get a p-loan...it's trail ready as sits but of course need TLC.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:27 pm

If you get the jeep this forum has good information

http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36
Back to top Go down
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 12:48 am

Got the CJ yesterday mbn Hope to bring it for this weekend..just need to rent a trailer.

Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? 100_1510
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:07 am

cool - im really glad you did. now the battke of the rockers vs mudders can begin!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:09 am

What are you pulling it with? Uhaul is the a easy way to get a trailer but there trailers weigh a ton. But they have dollies and they will tow easy once you undo the rear drive shaft. Looks cool new toys are always fun.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 11:11 am

looking good, just need to get v8 for it now to really tear up the mud.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 12:14 pm

Looks like x-mas came early for you, congrats on the second Jeep buy. Looks good little rust but expected. See you at the park saturay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this Jeep a good find for the price??   Is this Jeep a good find for the price?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this Jeep a good find for the price??
Page 1 of 1