Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

AXLES

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
black91yj
Open/Open
Open/Open
black91yj

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-27

AXLES Empty
PostSubject: AXLES   AXLES Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 12:37 am

I have a 91 yj and i wanna swap some heavier duty axles to replace my 30 and 35 i am looking for a pair of axles with 4:10's, 4:56's, or 4:88's. I wouldnt mind putting another dana 30 in the front, its the 35 im trying to swap out the most. Just wondering what you guys have for sale out there.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

AXLES Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXLES   AXLES Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 10:43 am

yjs are simple to swap axels, just weld on the spring perches. I would just go with full size 44/9 or 44/8.8 and build them up. Only thing is I would still keep the 30/35 combo stored for inspections or if the police hassel you for your tires sticking out.
Back to top Go down
SLeach
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
SLeach

Male
Number of posts : 146

AXLES Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXLES   AXLES Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:29 am

what are you looking to do with it?
tire size, future tire size...
Back to top Go down
SLeach
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
SLeach

Male
Number of posts : 146

AXLES Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXLES   AXLES Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:49 am

since you are basically at your limit for your 35 its a good thing you are looking for axles lol
getting into the 35-36 range you will need at least a dana 44 or an 8.8 in the rear.
The 8.8 is generally considered a stronger axle and much easier to find than a 44.
If you get one, you are looking for one out of a 91-01 ford explorer. 91-94 came with drum brakes, 95-01 disk.
They have 31 spline axles - good
The are within 1 inch of stock width - good
the keep stock wheel pattern - really good

The dana 30 up front gets a little anemic in the 36 inch range but is general considered good up to 37's especially with either a warn hub lock out kit or a super 30 kit from superior or alloy axles.

If you want to upgrade the front, a dana 44 would probably be perfect for your need for now and in the near future.
There is too much info to list here but a simple goole search will yeild thousands of results.

I would recommened signing up for an account on www.jeepforum.com and spending a couple of days researching out what is the best for you situation. There is a wealth of info on that site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AXLES Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXLES   AXLES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AXLES
Page 1 of 1