Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ih8pepl73
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
ih8pepl73

Male
Number of posts : 55
Emploi : Finally employed!!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 Empty
PostSubject: PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08   PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 6:20 pm

I guess this is the place to put this on.

PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 2vmd0dy

PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 30uwlqe

PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 Mv4tpg

PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 9kw0v4
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08   PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Im a bit ticked at that last pic. They cut him in line just before me, he had a hard time getting on top and tore the heck out of the front end of the right side car. Needless to say that debris was what caught and shredded my tire. I called 8 places to see if they had a replacement as my spare is road but not trail worthy, before I found one in stock - that they could put on tomorrow. That canceled my sunday run - I should have listened to that little voice that said dont follow a hummer that barely got over.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08   PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:52 am

thats the whole reason I wouldn't mess with something like that. with all that broken glass and sharp metal i'm surprised more tires are not lost. But hell adams probly makes money off that also. When you pop your tire you have to purchase another one from them so you can make it home. I would think throwing some rocks down like at the jeep show would safer on the tires and alot more tru to life wheeling experince. granted alot of the "show rigs" wouldn't be able to do it but it would be fun watching them tear them selves up trying.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male

PostSubject: Re: PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08   PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:36 am

they didnt carry my tires bfg mt 33x10.5x15. the 10.5 threw them off.... but they did have a "deal" on a set of 12.5! I didnt realize how sparse that tire is. I called 8 places before I found 1 in stock. When I got them I was concerned about the backspace and the turning with a 12.5 and didnt want to use a spacer oe by a fender set. Guess I'll go 12.5 next set and save these for the xj once i get that running.
Back to top Go down
ih8pepl73
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
ih8pepl73

Male
Number of posts : 55
Emploi : Finally employed!!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08   PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Allium wrote:
Im a bit ticked at that last pic. They cut him in line just before me, he had a hard time getting on top and tore the heck out of the front end of the right side car. Needless to say that debris was what caught and shredded my tire. I called 8 places to see if they had a replacement as my spare is road but not trail worthy, before I found one in stock - that they could put on tomorrow. That canceled my sunday run - I should have listened to that little voice that said dont follow a hummer that barely got over.

Were you the guy that was over by the food changing the tire? I felt bad, I wanted to help ya out but my youngest son kept running off and he was driving me nuts - ALL DAY!
Glad to hear you got a tire tho. And yeah, it was F'd up that the crappy Hummer got to cut in line just to get hung up.

Altho, I have to admit, it was kinda funny when the guy in the big Ford diesel cut his front tire on the second set of cars! Glad it wasn't me! LOL!.

I gotta drive my LJ almost everyday so I'm not about to drive over jagged cars!
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male

PostSubject: Re: PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08   PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:47 pm

ya that was me- black tj with all the stickers. Ive gone over cars before and if you don't get some moron who just chews and chews its ok. You run that risk but there was only 2 spots that bothered me - the front post on the front left which I thougth the hummer would mash otherwise that was where I was aiming to go high and the second car passenger had a part that caught a few people, again which I thought theyd have the hummer mash down. Youd figure the hummer would get up and use weight on the high points but he could barely hop the hoods of the front cars. Thats what got me, his chew point to get up.

Could be worse - could have been an axle or gas tank. Just sorry Tico didnt go out sunday but now I have no excuse to have a good spare rather than one with a hunk taken out of it!
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08   PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 7:01 pm

Leave it up to the army to jack something up for others
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08   PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:08 pm

Allium wrote:
they didnt carry my tires bfg mt 33x10.5x15. the 10.5 threw them off.... but they did have a "deal" on a set of 12.5! I didnt realize how sparse that tire is. I called 8 places before I found 1 in stock. When I got them I was concerned about the backspace and the turning with a 12.5 and didnt want to use a spacer oe by a fender set. Guess I'll go 12.5 next set and save these for the xj once i get that running.

I am in the same boat Gil. my spare is the 12.50 and I run the 10.50. I have to order the replacement... but that's another post.

my 12.5 does not have a rub issue... used it once to get off the trails and now on the streets. draws a lot of "attention" sticking out of the flare, but it gets me around too.

I went a few runs after the ford... had a blast, shredded the front tire and the rear got a small puncture I patched... but I was set on getting new treads for street and retiring these to trail duty so I had it coming.

one of those things I can say I concurred and not mess around with again.
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08   PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PICS FROM ADAM'S JEEP JAM '08
Page 1 of 1