Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Where are these pics from?

Go down 
+6
jealos-z
The Devil Dog
Locked_N_Loaded
md4wheelin
rockdw72
UPNOVER
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Where are these pics from? Empty
PostSubject: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:55 pm

Below is a album from Vetteboy and the unibody run at Rausch. Look at pictures 37-40. What trail are they on?

https://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn164/vetteboyxj/unibody/?action=view&current=DSC03653.jpg
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:19 pm

I was wondering the same thing when I saw them. Its not RC. Vetteboy was talking about needing RAC permit though for monday so i guess it has to do with that. Nick might know where it is.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:42 pm

tower city maybe?
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:44 pm

He must of mixed up some pics with the unibody run at rausch. i will pm him or zach and find out..pretty sweet area though..
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:10 am

St.Claire...used to wheel EVERY weekend there. There is a nice set of rocks above those falls, however, even with a reading anthracite pass I still don't think it's legal since it's watershed land, but who knows. I haven't been up there for a couple years...I really miss it. I'm gonna have to take a trip up there again ASAP.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:13 pm

I checked the slide show and it looks like a great place to go. Let's find out where it is and what we have to do to go there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Tico, I know exactly where it is. Like I said...i don't know how legit it is. The Reading Anthracite Pass is for Reading Anthracite land. Those rocks are on Watershed Land last I knew and I've been warned there before a couple years ago. It's not a place for a club event.

For Anthracite land I'd be happy to guide people, I know the land like the back of my hand. We've been going up there since I'm in diapers. It's $100 a pass and you must buy it in Pottsville.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:34 pm

for some reason I just found that funny.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:39 pm

How much wheeling can you do for the $100. I dont mind spending the money but is there enough trails to make it worth it?
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:55 pm

I don't think it's really worth it to anybody looking for hard trails. It's a lot of powerlines and coal dirt trails. Good for very easy joy riding with stock vehicles. You'd be lucky to find a Blue most of the time. A lot of my favorite trails there were on watershed land which is now state game land, neither of which I want to get caught on.

My favorite things up there were the quarries and resevoirs. Perfect on hot summer days to wheel and then swim in crystal clear water.

Bunch of old pics from Pottsville area trails:

http://picasaweb.google.com/njf128/OldPottsvillePics

Some in here too:

http://picasaweb.google.com/njf128/OldSchoolWheelingPics
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:57 pm

Even though it ma not offer enough excitement for the rough riders, it could be worht it to thise who join us for easy trails and camping and hiking. can you investigate more or give me a point of reference. We need to offer a diversified arena of trails that satisfies all in the club not just the serious rock crawlers. $100 could be wastes anywhere, but if the majority of the stockers like it then it's worth the trip and frankly some times I just like to cruise in the woods rather than clib the rocks.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:20 pm

http://www.readinganthracite.com/articles/access.pdf

There's the link and info for the permit. I've posted this before and there wasn't much of a response.

I didn't say anything about "rough riders" vs. stockers...that's getting old. As far as your diversified arena, I volunteered to guide for a run up there, so again, the rough riders crap is getting old. I was responding to Matt who I know likes harder trails. It is a great place for stockers and I also love the land up there for just cruising around. As far as I know or have read, the antrhacite permits do not permit camping on their land.

I haven't purhcased a permit yet because till I get around to it there only seems to be less than half the year of wheeling and it sucks paying $100 for half a year. It seems the permits have been more for the ATV crowd and are enforced for them. It's tricky up there with the boundaries and the access permit gives access to only antrhacite land. This becomes challenging knowing whats legit and what's not and there are not exactly any maps to help. I would just recommend being cautious holding large scale club events. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't wanna drag in a club full of rock raiders onto illegal land. I might go up this weekend and do a recon mission to get a feel for what's going on up there.

As far as a point of reference, once you pass st.claire on 61 you'll see the brand new big walmart right before 61 splits just south of I-80. That's where most people begin. Just north of there is state game lands intertwined with Watershed land.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:10 pm

Thanks for getting back. Let me know how things work out on your recon of the site. You might be right about the expense this late in the year, soemthing to consider for next year thought. Send me a PM with any other information you get, and thanks again.

I tell you what I would love to see before the years up, I would like to arrange for a cruising trail run to get more of the other club member out for some fun driving and camping stuff. But I am not out there as often as you guys or travel to so many locations. If you or anyone else can or know of a place, please let me know by PM and let's work somehting out. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:33 pm

ROUGH RIDERS it is like we get criticized for building a good rig this is CRAP lets face it times are tough and when you have a good rig and get the time and money to get out you want to enjoy and push what you have built that is nutn against less built rigs just tired of more built rigs getn kind of a bad rap... JUST MY THOUGHTS 9
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:29 pm

I just want to know what I gotta do to become one of these rough rider people you guys keep talking about, and can I get a sticker.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:34 pm

dgsagasjfhah

There you go big boy...You're the ridee...

wait....so I guess this makes Nicki a rough rider lol!
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:07 pm

If it is you doing the inducting it wouldn't be that rough, so no Nicki is not one.

"Is it in yet"
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:04 pm

Dammit lol!
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:43 pm

That was harsh.....

Glad I am a green trail rider........... sdsfhhgdigdhfo
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:00 pm

you have to have a 4 banger YJ to be in the rough riders everyone else just sit back and watch
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:23 pm

Guys, don't take offense to the term Rough Riders, several years ago that was the term given to the guys and gals that build their rig, plaid hard and had no fear. But they are also the ones that dominate the forum and talk has it that newbees who might want to join, steer away cause they can't hang with that type of group.

I need to balance the club, make it fun for all types, all levels and encourage more people to convers on the forum. Be inviting. remember I am one of you too, only I also thing for all concern.

So, let's take a chill pill, no harm, no malice done....Cheers! king
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:26 pm

The Devil Dog wrote:
Guys, don't take offense to the term Rough Riders, several years ago that was the term given to the guys and gals that build their rig, plaid hard and had no fear. But they are also the ones that dominate the forum and talk has it that newbees who might want to join, steer away cause they can't hang with that type of group.

I need to balance the club, make it fun for all types, all levels and encourage more people to convers on the forum. Be inviting. remember I am one of you too, only I also thing for all concern.

So, let's take a chill pill, no harm, no malice done....Cheers! king

lol!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:57 pm

sdfsdgsdg Rough Riders. I think we all know who the really wheelers on this board are.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:55 am

Tooo late Offense already taken its bullcrap if people dont want to join for that reason then thats ther problem they shouldnt be here becuz its bogus reason easy way out Exclamation it seems nobody does nething right we post pics you want diff angles we post when we are wheeling and its rough riders I have faced the fact who gives 2shits we are who we are and wheel what we wheel nebody is welcome to come with us netime ................
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:03 am

I want a sticker. But wait does that mean I can't wheel to those crystal clear ponds and swim? I still can take mine on the street...sorta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are these pics from?   Where are these pics from? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where are these pics from?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next