Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

YJ brake proportioning valve wanted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

YJ brake proportioning valve wanted Empty
PostSubject: YJ brake proportioning valve wanted   YJ brake proportioning valve wanted Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:26 pm

changing the single outlet on the CJ to the double outlet found on the YJ. I also need the brake lines from the valve that goes to both sides of teh front if you have them.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: YJ brake proportioning valve wanted   YJ brake proportioning valve wanted Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:31 pm

would one off a zj work?
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: YJ brake proportioning valve wanted   YJ brake proportioning valve wanted Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 7:33 pm

probably so. I have a goofy year CJ I think or the guy just threw what he had on there. My proportioning valve has just one outlet that goes down to the front axle and divides to each side. I want greater volume for the D60 disc brakes so two outlets to the front from the proportioning valve with one going to each side. SO as long as it has that configuration then I think it will work. I can always adapt the lines coming in from the master cyl. if they are different.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: YJ brake proportioning valve wanted   YJ brake proportioning valve wanted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:52 am

I got rid of my prop valve and went with an adjustable one because I wasn't sure if the stock one would work with the rear disk. for the front brakes I just have a T and put the adjustable valve in for the rear. works great. had to play with it a little so it wouldn't lock up the rear. but that was as simple as turning a knob.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
SLeach
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
SLeach

Male
Number of posts : 146

PostSubject: Re: YJ brake proportioning valve wanted   YJ brake proportioning valve wanted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:57 am

the one for the zj would actually be better because it is set up for disc in the rear
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: YJ brake proportioning valve wanted   YJ brake proportioning valve wanted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:15 pm

I'm sold, I'll take the one for the ZJ. I'd like to avoid the "T" so it will flow more fluid to each caliper. I have the stock valve in my YJ with upgraded axles and front and rear disc brakes. THey worked great and I was able to lock up all four to avoid tail ending Nester at Jeeps on the Beach when a spider distracted me by crawling in front of my face.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: YJ brake proportioning valve wanted   YJ brake proportioning valve wanted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:36 pm

The T is to split the front to go left and right, max pressure goes to front, no retrictions, same as in the stock prop valve. Mine will lock up all four. it will lock up the front first then the rear. which is what I want it to do. I didn't even try the stock prop valve because I didn't think it would allow enough volume to the rear to be useful.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: YJ brake proportioning valve wanted   YJ brake proportioning valve wanted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:09 pm

bill when you come over for the cook out you can pull it off the wrecked zj if you still want it.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: YJ brake proportioning valve wanted   YJ brake proportioning valve wanted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Thanks Joe, I'll bring my tools.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YJ brake proportioning valve wanted   YJ brake proportioning valve wanted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YJ brake proportioning valve wanted
Page 1 of 1