Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RatLabGuy
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear Empty
PostSubject: Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear   Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:26 pm

have a matching set of IFS Toy 3rds. Geared 4.88.

Front is factory from a 92; it's an ADD-based unit BUT the linkage mechanism has been temporarily disabled so it will work on manual hubs... but could very easily be switched back (vac cannister attached and everything) so it's compatible w/ any 86-95 IFS Toy.

Rear 4Cyl housing, gears setup by Andy/ORS only ~1500 mi ago w/ TruTrac LSD unit in it. Runs great, no problems at all.

$550 for the pair. Ideal for running 33-35" tires. I do NOT want to split them up unless I have a buyer for the front first.

Also open to partial trades, need an IFS steering box in good shape (no leaks).
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear   Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:30 pm

You either bought a older toyota that you need a IFS steering box or your rebuilding one for hydro?
Back to top Go down
RatLabGuy
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear   Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:36 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
You either bought a older toyota that you need a IFS steering box or your rebuilding one for hydro?

Hm, neither.
Mine is leaking at the seal - and is the newer 87+ style with the complicated housing that you cannot simply pop the seal out of. While I could probably rebuild it myself, I'm feeling a bit lazy on thsi one and would rather just get another used one, preferably the 85-86 simple body one, and hot swap it w/ the leaky one.
Then if I feel like tackling fixing the leaking one I can do so at my own leisure w/o having downtime.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear   Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:06 pm

I have a IFS steering box make me an offer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear   Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toyota IFS 3rd members 4.88 w/ TruTrac rear
Page 1 of 1