Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009

Go down 
+12
Locked_N_Loaded
Rockn93YJ
crazyjimmy
Shaggy
SLeach
adrenaline325
jealos-z
natedogg_66
ffhill61
lt.dan
mdcj7
UPNOVER
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:11 pm

I would like to start a new post and state that the general consensus so far is to elect a Board of Directors and have Tico be the CEO. CEO would only have a swing vote in terms of a tie. The control of this current forum would be given to the 2009 board of directors once the board is in place and administrative and moderators where chosen.

Members will be nominated and then a date will be set for a formal election. Election will be held at a formal hall and times will be set for election day.

I ask that no nominations are put in this thread until the formal positions are posted. I will send this same information thru email and once I get a majority rule we will start the nomination process thru email. Every member will have one nomination towards each position and one vote towards each position.

Please respond if this is what the majority wants............
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:17 pm

UPNOVER wrote:
I would like to start a new post and state that the general consensus so far is to elect a Board of Directors and have Tico be the CEO. CEO would only have a swing vote in terms of a tie. The control of this current forum would be given to the 2009 board of directors once the board is in place and administrative and moderators where chosen.

Members will be nominated and then a date will be set for a formal election. Election will be held at a formal hall and times will be set for election day.

I ask that no nominations are put in this thread until the formal positions are posted. I will send this same information thru email and once I get a majority rule we will start the nomination process thru email. Every member will have one nomination towards each position and one vote towards each position.

Please respond if this is what the majority wants............

this sounds ok to me lets give it a try 5
Back to top Go down
lt.dan
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
lt.dan

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:55 pm

agreed mbn
Back to top Go down
ffhill61
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
ffhill61

Male
Number of posts : 37
Emploi : Firefighter
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:29 pm

yeah sounds good
Back to top Go down
natedogg_66
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
natedogg_66

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:33 pm

I like it I like it a lot
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:46 pm

Just one thing to show the majority is stepping up and voicing their opinion.....

This is my last message in my inbox..

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Customer,

Your Comcast.net mailbox is now 239896401 bytes, which exceeds 90% of your
allowed
size of 250 MB (Megabytes). In order to avoid the possibility of not
receiving all of your e-mail messages please delete (or download) some of
your messages.

lol!
Back to top Go down
ffhill61
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
ffhill61

Male
Number of posts : 37
Emploi : Firefighter
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:07 am

That's funny.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:35 am

Why isn't the CEO elected ???????? that is top person and will still have last say.
Back to top Go down
adrenaline325
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
adrenaline325

Male
Number of posts : 103
Emploi : piccotek
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:20 am

I think it is very important that we maintain Tico as the CEO both as an honorary title in deference to his fantastic work putting the club together along with his long standing commitment to the club. If Tico wanted to step down or if in the future it seemed appropriate we might want to take that step. I think that at this point, among other clubs, Tico's name is pretty much synonymous with MRR.
Back to top Go down
SLeach
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
SLeach

Male
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 2:08 am

I would agree with that
Back to top Go down
Shaggy
Open/Open
Open/Open
Shaggy

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: I agree   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:14 am

I agree with adrenaline325

Last edited by Shaggy on Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
crazyjimmy

Male
Number of posts : 66
Emploi : United States Navy Retired
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:23 am

adrenaline325 wrote:
I think it is very important that we maintain Tico as the CEO both as an honorary title in deference to his fantastic work putting the club together along with his long standing commitment to the club. If Tico wanted to step down or if in the future it seemed appropriate we might want to take that step. I think that at this point, among other clubs, Tico's name is pretty much synonymous with MRR.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:23 am

This should work fine as long as no decisions are made by just one person. Not all board members will be available at all times so as long as we set a minimum number of board members that must be present(physically or virtually) for a "legal" vote to be made then it will work fine.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 2:13 pm

I agree with Bill..

I do think that we need to come up with a plan for the board members meetings. I think they shall meet quarterly. Prior to excepting a nomination you really need to make sure you are willing and able to travel to these meetings.

My suggestion is to have the meetings at the comfort inn the night prior to a club run.

Not all emergency or needed meetings will be able to conducted in Pine Grove so boards members need to be flexible. Unfortunately our members are spread out pretty far so making exceptions will be necessary.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 2:20 pm

Looking good! I like the suggestion of meetings at the comfort inn or something near rausch. Our members are pretty spread out and i think this is the best location to bring us together. I'm really happy with the outcome of this so far. Your hard work is appreciate matt.
Back to top Go down
crazyjimmy
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
crazyjimmy

Male
Number of posts : 66
Emploi : United States Navy Retired
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: I think   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 2:52 pm

I know I haven't been very active but I have been on many Charities, Scouting Councils, Military food drives, blah, blah.

These are just my ideas,

Quarterly meetings at any location in person are great. Any paid member can attend.

If a decision is need by the board before a scheduled meeting, Board members should be able to make the decision by phone or email as needed to resolve the issue in a timely manner.

Knowing we all have busy lives. A Quorum is needed to resolve issues.
4 of 7 members or 5 of 8 members (just more than half).

Any thing involving the Club funds must have treasury vote.

Email Minutes of meeting and quarterly treasury report to all paid members.

Anomymous issuse should be directed to any/all 3 governors. (like Jim should shut up) Then the governors should decide validity of mamber's club standing.

A roster could be:
3 Governers (no one need to be president)
Treasurer and assistant (provides 2 person integrity)
Scheduler/Organizer (suggest 2, it would be hard by ones self)

Elections yearly but stagered, not all at the same time.

I do not want a position, I believe someone must have recenly wheeled and know the current climate of the Club and its members.( a year as a paid member)

Crazy Jimmy
jimhinrichs@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
adrenaline325
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
adrenaline325

Male
Number of posts : 103
Emploi : piccotek
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 4:14 pm

I wonder if we are going to have trouble filling all the slots. Also I wonder if quarterly meetings are too much to ask for unless we made some sort of premier events - one per quarter where we went wheeling and had those quarterly meetings. Would allow wheelers to make it a priority to be at those premier events.

I ran a yacht club for a while, and we would have spring and fall parties at my house - it is in Laurel - which may be central for people coming from Virginia and N. Baltimore - not sure the demographic center for the club - seems like we tend towards Bel Air. Format for those parties was that everyone brought some sort of finger food to share and drink to share - alcoholic or otherwise. We have to be cautious if alcohol is offered since everyone is driving home later - watch out for one another and all that.

I have another friend with a great party house (Odenton area) we could make use of - hot tub, pool table, ping pong, darts, that sort of thing - we couldn't trash the place, but is a great venue - club sponsor the kegerator and we have a quarterly meeting... Maybe a texas holdem tournament and club meeting night. $20 buy in, 50% to winner, 25% to second, 25% to pay for the kegerator.

In the Yacht club we had a hard time nominees who wanted an active role in leadership.

BTW in that club every club sponsored event had club sponsored boxed wine or some such nice perk to get things started. annual budget was about $2000.

So, what is our geographic center?
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 4:36 pm

Nick is probably the farthest North at Reading Pa. Anyone more North than that?

Bill might be the farthest West.

Who is south most member?

I think Nester is kind of South/West. Right????

I have a townhouse on waterfront so during the summer members can bring family and the kids can swim. Unfortunately I am closer to Bel Air area.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:07 pm

I think I'm the farthest out of the loop from you guys. But if I have to drive to meeting thats not a issue as long as we try to plan it around events. PA jeeps, club runs, gatherings like next week. I know that its not aways events but I'm more than willing to make the hour and 30 minute (2 hour and 30 minute in traffic) ride to Bel Air.

Matt thanks for your time and help.

I like what I have read and everyone has great ideas.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: I was asked to post someting, so here it is.   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:40 pm

Well, there have been plenty of conversations, investigations, background check and discussions. I have been monitoring it all, and kept my distance in order to prevent arguments or discussion which I fell is best serve in a close session. Everyone in the world can read, judge and get a perception of what this club is going through and its growing pains. None of which I feel is or should be public. But since I have been asked how I feel, what I think or so forth, here it is....

Lt. Dan hit things right on the nail, I fathered this club and it has been my babe since its creation, hence I feel that my conviction to run this club the way I want it to be is no longer the plan of the day. My babe has grown and seeks its independence. Thanks Dan for that insight. I couldn't have put it in better words.

Nick; let me offer my apologies for perceiving the worst with your intent.

Bill, you have been in this club almost 4 years now, one of the senior members right now. And you have met, rode, ate and hoped a great many of the new members, and a great deal of appreciation is due, thank you. Thank you for your consul and advice in times past.

Matt E. You are doing one hell of a job here, you took it o n yourself to get to the bottom and investigate the actions required to get this club back in the direction it needs to be. Sharing your opinions and insight to what could be and should. I have seen the proposals of me being the CEO with 50% retention of the club decision. Although, nice it is unfair to the general membership and its not within the SOP on any organization. Hence, I will not seek that position. Rather, I will let the membership elect their new leader (s), I hope that those they elect can carry out their duties with conviction, honesty, and fairness to all, to put themselves last and think about the membership first.

Mine was to create a brotherhood, using the principles of leadership in the Marines; it worked fine for the first 5 years of this club. Now a new direction has been called out and a new leadership to form. To many I am to serious about things with the club, well, someone has to, it’s not all fun and games. There are responsibilities to the club, the environment, the Associations and the general public. Since most of the members wished to only ride, spend time together in social environments, camping and trips, now one seen to have the time that it takes to cover all the hats it takes to run such an organization. But you have spoken, I listen, and now I wait for your action and direction. I will step aside and let you choose. I don't need to be the CEO, I have establish throughout the internet who I am, what I am about, and what I have accomplished. All ask is that you keep the ADA alive as part of this club charitable charities we sponsor, Paul Sobwick has asked to be put in charge of such events, his skill in marketing and resources are in his reach.

Nester, you came to this club back in 2005 by invitation of Rich, young and full of piss and vinegar. You grew with the club as time passed on and have made a mark within the club. I have nothing person against you and never have. I would ask you to think how things were, are and where they are going. You have assumed a leadership position indirectly and have great skills on mechanical stuff, much better than I. I hope that continues for the sake of the membership. Sometime, information can be good and others it can be bad. We all intrepid things differently and at times emotions take over or get in the way. I try to keep a level head and use diplomacy whenever I can. Nothing is solved in anger or when in a rebellious state of mind.

Rich, I have to thank you for this forum, it does give people a place to air their stories and chat. But you abandon our friendship and association and for that I am sorry you feel alienated.

To the rest of this membership, I'll just say it’s been my honor to know everyone here or at least most of you. I have enjoyed riding with you. I have structure the new by-laws and the SOP for this club anew; hope it helps direct you in the right direction. I will always be near and I keep an open door to my friends. I will not interfere with the due process of the clubs independence, so let the chips fall where ever they fall and let’s pick up the pieces and to humpty dumpty together again. I will now go back to my sabbatical and chill until Friday for the get together at MaGerk’s. Happy holidays to all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 7:51 pm

Thanks Tico.....

I hope all members take that from your heart and read between the spelling errors we find you famous for... lol! and see that you have offered to the plate the chance for the majority to rule..

Lets move past this now and start the New Year of 2009 out the right way..

I am starting a new post with the positions from the by-laws for the Board of Directors. Please see that post ...
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Hey what kind of a guy would I be if I can't laugh at myself too. Got to give you something to talk about me on, hahahha
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:12 pm

crazyjimmy wrote:
I know I haven't been very active but I have been on many Charities, Scouting Councils, Military food drives, blah, blah.

These are just my ideas,

Quarterly meetings at any location in person are great. Any paid member can attend.

If a decision is need by the board before a scheduled meeting, Board members should be able to make the decision by phone or email as needed to resolve the issue in a timely manner.

Knowing we all have busy lives. A Quorum is needed to resolve issues.
4 of 7 members or 5 of 8 members (just more than half).

Any thing involving the Club funds must have treasury vote.

Email Minutes of meeting and quarterly treasury report to all paid members.

Anomymous issuse should be directed to any/all 3 governors. (like Jim should shut up) Then the governors should decide validity of mamber's club standing.

A roster could be:
3 Governers (no one need to be president)
Treasurer and assistant (provides 2 person integrity)
Scheduler/Organizer (suggest 2, it would be hard by ones self)

Elections yearly but stagered, not all at the same time.

I do not want a position, I believe someone must have recenly wheeled and know the current climate of the Club and its members.( a year as a paid member)

Crazy Jimmy
jimhinrichs@hotmail.com
Jimmy, I am happy to see youo back on the forum, you have been missed.
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
CamoK5

Male
Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:23 am

Matt sent you a PM.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:38 am

Got it and replied... thanks for the thoughts.. i think i have it covered. let me know..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009   MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MARYLAND ROCK RAIDERS 2009
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next