Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts. Empty
PostSubject: Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts.   Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:59 am

So I finally got some good new this weekend that a side job that I priced has been approved and I will have 400-500 bucks to spend on the rigs. I really want to spend the money on the toyota but with the lack of side work and the wedding expences that we have in the next couple of months I think that investing the money in the YJ is the better option. Seeing that the jeep is going to get used the most this summer. So I want to get the new shafts for the Dana 44 front in the YJ. I do plan on calling EMS offroad on Monday to check on prices but I wanted to check with all you guys to see where you guys have purcased your chromo shafts from? What brand did you go with? Also, what type of U-joints you are running. Last I want to see who has the best deal. Thanks in advance for any tips you guys might bring to the table that I might not have thought about.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts.   Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:41 pm

I think on the creepers board they just had this discussion a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts.   Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:11 pm

any other input? Hello?
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts.   Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:20 pm

whats a 44? isn't that a pistol? I skipped that stage of evolution so I can't help you. I did hear on the creepers board about a year ago that the 44 alloy shafts were breaking left and right but the 60 shafts were ok but don't recall which ones they were.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts.   Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:38 pm

http://www.marylandcreepers.com/MCForums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45826
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts.   Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:17 pm

I used to think alloy usa was the best and yukon sucked but i broke an alloy and nobody here has broke a yukon. And they are cheaper. I would say just get yukons. as for joints I like long fields.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts.   Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to up grade the Dana 44 shafts.
Page 1 of 1