Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

i have a question.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
erica12
Open/Open
Open/Open

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-06-17

i have a question. Empty
PostSubject: i have a question.   i have a question. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:16 am

I'm kinda new to this forum, so I'd like to say hi to everyone. As to my question-why doesn't Bigfoot compete in Monster Jam events (at least none that I've seen). I've always been interested in monster trucks, and just recently(past year or so) really began becoming a bigger fan of the sport, so my knowledge is limited, but growing. Thanks!

feels good.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

i have a question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a question.   i have a question. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:12 am

not sure about that one, wish i could give you more info scratch
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

i have a question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a question.   i have a question. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:40 am

Welcome to the forum. I used to watch the monster trucks all the time growing up and was able to watch the evolution of these trucks. Long ago all trucks were equil in performance and everyone had just the same chance of winning as the others. Over time Bigfoot was able to hook sponsors as the originator of the monster truck, goes back to the early 70's. With sponsors comes lots of extra money and Bigfoot wisely invested it into research and development. Suddenly Bigfoot was winning the races all the time. the suspension techknowledgy was far beyond what everyone else was running. So to make things fair the racing association started making bigfoot run handicapped. They made them run a smaller motor and only a certain horsepower etc. Turns out it backfired and with the smaller motor Bigfoot ran better that it did before. So USHRA decided to try more restrictions and more restrictions until Bigfoot said finally enough is enough. So to make a long story short Bigfoot decided to make their own show and leave the racing association all together. It has worked out for them, they do put on a good show and make lots of money. They added more trucks and stunts and no longer need to run in the races. Big loss for US hot rod association because everyone loves bigfoot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i have a question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a question.   i have a question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i have a question.
Page 1 of 1