Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)

Go down 
+2
jealos-z
Rockn93YJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Empty
PostSubject: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Listed my boggers and wheels on Pirate as follows:

Set of 4 44x19.5x16 boggers. New cost is over $600 each when bought and have just one trip on them but I was very hard on them. I can provide pics. Asking $2000 for the tires. they are mounted on Trailready 16x10 beadlocks in steel 8x6.5 pattern. Set of 4 rims. They are black with the polished ring. Selling them because my mud bogger project is now a RCRocks race project and the tires i will run do not come in a 16" size. I'll be buying a new set in the 17" size. New they were at 258 each. Selling for $800 for the set of 4 beadlocks. Located in Keedysville, Maryland.

Got this reply:

I have a set of 17 x 9 wheels with weld on beadlocks. 8 on 6.5 pattern 5" backspace. I have four done and one more still in the box and needs to be welded. You willing to make possible trade? $2200 and my five wheels for your tires and wheels?

I did ask what beadlocks they were, condition etc but that was just a few minutes ago.

Last edited by Rockn93YJ on Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Are weld on beadlocks legal for rcrocs i mean are they the poorman beadlocks like i have lol!
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:57 pm

also depends on his welding skills and if they leak.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:46 pm

i would take it.....it is hard to sell things at a descent price now a'days, my $ .02 king
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:03 pm

I think you could get boned easy with that deal your wheels are factory his are how ever good he is. Also are you running steel or alum on the rig for rcrocs race these are most likely steel but maybe not. Get some close up pics first would be my .02 .
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:51 am

ok I agree. No weld on beadlocks for me.
Back to top Go down
Eskimo
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
Eskimo

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:55 am

Normally I'd say no, but 16" wheels & tires are the red-headed bastard child of the tire world, whereas 17's are the "in" thing right now.

I'd want to see what kind of wheels he started off with, and what the new weld-on beadlocks look like though, before committing to the deal. My Bobby Long beadlocks were great, but HEAVY. Keeping your unsprung weight lighter for a race rig is a good way to make sure the tire stays in contact with the ground - you're not accelerating if the tire isn't gripping the dirt! (I know, "says the guy with rockwells!" But my 42's and wheels only weigh 135)
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:17 pm

I think i agree wit Rich maybe take the trade and at least you have wheels for now to sell maybe easier to sell them then your boggers...
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Boggers and Trailready beadlocks are gone.
Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Wheels1
Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Wheels2

Last edited by Rockn93YJ on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:44 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:11 pm

My preference would have been krawlers but this will be a good start and was very budget friendly. Next year I'll apply for the program through BFGoodrich to get krawlers....if needed.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:30 pm

wat size are tires
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:08 pm

jealos-z wrote:
wat size are tires

40x13.5x17
Back to top Go down
Eskimo
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
Eskimo

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:24 pm

Fuckin Walker Evans!! Niiiice...
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Hey Bill sipe the piss outa those tires before you put them on will make them much better
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:53 pm

k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)   Is this a good deal?  (Boggers trade) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this a good deal? (Boggers trade)
Page 1 of 1