Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Boggers for the snow?

Go down 
+4
thinga'ma'rig
rockdw72
Grason
UPNOVER
8 posters
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Boggers for the snow? Empty
PostSubject: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 6:25 pm

What would do better in the snow Boggers or my Creepy Krawlers? My creepy's are like brand new and these boggers are 65%.

Do you think the paddles would be good in the snow?

http://www.bmja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24730
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 6:43 pm

id run the creepy crawlers since you already have them.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 6:49 pm

I just always wanted to run in some real deep snow and thought the paddles might be better..
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 6:51 pm

i didnt know if you wanted to buy them or what kind of snow wheeling you wanted to do. if you want to go through the deep stuff get the boggers and run em, if you dont like them just sell them.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 7:12 pm

boggers would dig to fast and get you stuck. your creepy krawlers will do well with low low air presure, like 6 or less. the best tire for snow is a tire that will hold onto the snow for one rotation then clean out. The snow in the tread will make for great traction but once its in there for a couple of rotations it will ice up. I think a bogger would clean out to fast.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 8:00 pm

I would think cleaning out would be good. My mud terrains did awesome in the deep snow..
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 9:46 pm

i think the boggers would do better, i think the people that do the snow expeditions run like a monster mudder tire. ( real wide ) i think width is the key for snow. my boggers i found to do assume in open snow, since the cleats are spaced further apart i dont think the snow sticks it the tire as much dfjsksdkfjsd that is just my opinion
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 9:51 pm

The key to snow is weight, the heavier you are the better grip you get. At least when your plowing snow. Now for the open country if you look at the artic vehicals, they put on the biggest widest tire that they can fit.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 10:47 pm

I don't think it makes that big a difference when you are deciding between those two tires. both should do well provided your rig is set up right. Last year 3 of us pulled out 3 vehicles stuck on the 101 course. the CJ I understand being stuck the other two, cant figure why. Mine ran great without lockers and was able to tow them out with a strap unlocked with 35" MTR's with 25% tread. there was like 6-10" of snow I think. Tom of RC was one of the guys we rescued. Anyway don't buy anything new especially for the once or twice a year you would see enough snow to make a difference.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 10:56 pm

It was a set on bmja a guy was trying to get rid of that he already marked down once.. If they go low enough I was going to pick them up.. I dont need tires mine are like brand new.
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 11:30 pm

get some 54" boggers, then ya might be good for atleast 2-3" of snow tongue
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:25 am

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631051
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 9:37 am

md4wheelin wrote:
The key to snow is weight, the heavier you are the better grip you get. At least when your plowing snow. Now for the open country if you look at the artic vehicals, they put on the biggest widest tire that they can fit.

artic vehicles drive on top of the snow and in that case distributing weight over a large area keeps them from breaking through. that is a great concern in deep snow, several feet. out here there is no driving on top of the snow. seems better to break through and get to hard ground for traction. Try doing a hill climb while driving on top of the snow vs digging to the bottom for some earth. boggers don't turn well in snow especially going down hill and making a turn. Besides the creepy crawlers look so coool. 9
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 10:57 am

I made a low offer and got no response.

If he comes down I will have a extra set to play with.
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 11:37 pm

it was 75 degrees today i dont think you need to worry about snow for awhile
Back to top Go down
s-n-o-w
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
s-n-o-w

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 2:26 am

fyi the mudders I have now did GREAT in the snow today. granted it was only 2-3 inches but the clean out worked well to provide me with constant traction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boggers for the snow?   Boggers for the snow? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boggers for the snow?
Page 1 of 1