Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Work Party - Lets pick a date!!

Go down 
+6
thinga'ma'rig
big94GMC
88blazeron40s
makitupthehardway
Rockn93YJ
Locked_N_Loaded
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
88blazeron40s
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
88blazeron40s

Male
Number of posts : 280
Emploi : EDMS
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:39 pm

ok sweet we should def be able to finish it up on sat i hope
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:54 pm

I made templates for all the truss supports, upper coil hangers, mounting tabs for the axle skid. Crossmember above the axle needs cut out, i marked it wtih red paint pen. Rear bumper needs clearanced, I marked it wtih red paint pen. All the truss pieces will need welded in and then the axle needs to go under the jeep again. Then install links and rest vehicle on springs to test for ride height. Might have to move the coil mounts a little to get the ride height correct. Front leaf pads need replaced. brake lines need run, fuel tank needs installed, fuel lines need installed. ARB line needs fastened. Just off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
88blazeron40s
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
88blazeron40s

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:51 am

that sounds about right to me and the exhaust if we want to do anything with that. i have a small round little muffler glasspack thing if we want to use that let me know i can bring it up with me. here is the link for what i have nick http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-630805/
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:29 am

Not sure that it will fit now that we moved the upper link mounts back. they start about 1" off the belly pan. It will be loud with just the cat, I ran mine that way for quite a while. Bring it and we'll see what we can do.
Back to top Go down
88blazeron40s
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
88blazeron40s

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:32 am

alrighty
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:23 pm

I replaced the axle side lower control arm mounts with some beefier ones. The former ones did not protect the joint. Also the truss is pretty much done, just need to weld the cap on top with teh access holes for the bolts.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Trussrear
Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Trussfront
Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 LCAmount
Back to top Go down
88blazeron40s
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
88blazeron40s

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:58 pm

looks good but what happened to the holes to get to the nuts on the truss
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 2:41 pm

They are on the top sloped sides. I reinforced the rear plates with the original holes because they didn't line up after changing the upper control arm angles(made the length longer which reduced the angle and shifted the hole position away from the back). Having the pre existing hole in the rear of the truss that was egged out for the bolt made a really weak spot in the truss, not anymore.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:56 am

looking good.....sorry i cannot help out, but i will be welding on mine again sat.......dogs is getting close! 9
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:59 am

thinga'ma'rig wrote:
looking good.....sorry i cannot help out, but i will be welding on mine again sat.......dogs is getting close! 9

3rd gear Von!
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:51 pm

going as fast as i can on it.....hard to find time, but it will be at the dogs mbn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work Party - Lets pick a date!!   Work Party - Lets pick a date!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Work Party - Lets pick a date!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3