Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

ARB pump replacement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

ARB pump replacement Empty
PostSubject: ARB pump replacement   ARB pump replacement Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 8:18 am

Yeah thats right I still don't have my parts from ARB to fix my compressor. Enough is enough so I'm looking to replace the ARB pump with something else. Looking at Viair compressor and a small tank. Deciding between 33% duty cycle and 100% duty cycle. Also I cant find a place to mount the 2 1/2 gallon tank so I may have to go with a small 1 gallon or smaller. I will be running my lockers from the tank. compressor needs to work with the ARB switches. For this weekend I may try to act fast on this and fab something up on thursday/friday. any ideas?
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: ARB pump replacement   ARB pump replacement Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 9:32 am

What about mounting the tank on the transmission hump inbetween the shifter and the firewall. You would be running air lines in and then back out of the cab though.

Do you have any room on either side of the transfer case inside the skid?

I can't picture if YJ's have this but in the TJ there is a 2nd battery tray on the driver's side that sits empty. If you have it you may be able to use this space for either the tank or compressor

Or you could just have a 2.5 gallon tank as a hood ornament!Razz
Back to top Go down
SLeach
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
SLeach

Male
Number of posts : 146

PostSubject: Re: ARB pump replacement   ARB pump replacement Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 11:53 am

i dont know what you have exactly under the jeep in the way of skid plates, but what some people do is put them on the drivers side behind the transfercase next to the driveshaft.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: ARB pump replacement   ARB pump replacement Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 12:41 pm

Under the hood for a 2.5 gallon is out of the question. they are like 23 inches long, 7 high and 6 wide. beside the transfer case is out. I moved my cat under the skid beside the transfer case on the drivers side and no rooom on the passenger side. Under the hood by the battery tray is out of the question since I'm running dual optima batteries already. I was looking at the area under the back under the frame. there is a recessed area there you can access from underneath but with triangulated upper control arms there is very little room. I have just 4 inches of up travel and between the control arm and the tank would be about 2.5" of room due to the height of the tank. I think I may be able to get a smaller tank under the hood. I could fab a bracket on the air conditioner mount and mount a 1 gallon tank there, off to the passenger side a little. there is room there but don't know if it is a good idea or not. Plug wires may need to be routed carefully. hmmm.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male

PostSubject: Re: ARB pump replacement   ARB pump replacement Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 1:31 pm

Ryan has a cool set up with the compressor and tank both mounted in the back inside of the instatrunk. You would loose all the storage space though....scratch
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: ARB pump replacement   ARB pump replacement Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 2:09 pm

I keep my toolbox and straps etc back there. The parts are being ordered from a different company and "should be there by thursday" so I may have the pump working again. My backup plan for this weekend is to use an old acetaline tank and with some creative use of adapters run line up under the hood. The ARB lines will be connected to the air supply with a regulator in line to keep the pressure around 100#. the acetaline tank will have a T prior to the regulator to allow it to be filled to about 150#. I may create a way to hook a regular air pump to the tank as well so any air pump would work. I will strap the tank down in the back on the floor for now.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male

PostSubject: Re: ARB pump replacement   ARB pump replacement Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 2:37 pm

Bill.... I've got it.... Why don't we just swap the 4.7 stroker out for my 4 banger! Then you would have plenty of room in the engine compartment to mount whatever you want!cheers

OK...Maybe its time for me to concentrate on work for a while..... No more hairbrain ideas. See you out there on Saturday:driving:
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: ARB pump replacement   ARB pump replacement Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 7:01 pm

Or for a bigger upgrade instead of putting the 4 cyl in I could just put in a couple of hamster wheels and feed them some of my famous "bottom of the beer barrel gangs heat wave chili. lol!
that stuff creates some serious gas!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARB pump replacement   ARB pump replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ARB pump replacement
Page 1 of 1