Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Full Cage, Trail Cage??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Empty
PostSubject: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 12:54 am

Hey guys I was just looking for suggestions, recommendations, or experiences with all the different options for cages out there. I originally was 100% on doing a full cage from poison spyder customs and then i woke up and realized i was broke. So then you get to their weld in trail cages or their bolt in for just the front. How much strength am I losing from a bolt on? I would just feel better to have upper cross bars above my head and the bar at the top and bottom portions of the windshield and of course the side bars then tying into the frame. I saw M.O.R.E.'s kit and there are others like that as well. I also wanted to get seats with 5 points that tie into the cage but im lost with what to do now. Anyway...just throw me some options, suggestions, and tech. I need to protect what's left of my brain when Big Sexy goes on her lid!!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 8:10 am

Hey Nick you asked me about this the other day but we got side tracked on axles and stuff. For you and the wheeling that you want to do I would say save up the money and get a Do it yourself kit. Zack at A to Z as well as a ton of guys out there will bend the tube for you and then you weld it. You have jason to help you or you can do what I plan on doing. I'm going to get a local guy that does cages for race cars to weld a cage kit for me when I buy one. Unless I get a welder and someone with a good hand comes and helps me.

From what I have heard others say is that if your planning on building a hardcore rig that you know you going to roll. Your best bet is sticking with the strength of a weld in cage. Bolt in cages will CYA but there not ment to be used to in hardcore or comp setups. I thing that there are a couple of members in the club that have both and like them.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 8:20 am

Here is a link to Zach's from A to Z:
http://www.atozfabrication.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=38

He is up in Cressona, PA so you could pick it up to save on shipping costs.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 12:53 pm

I like the looks of that and I think that's the direction I'll be headed and soon! I'm due for a roll over Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 1:21 pm

Locked_N_Loaded wrote:
I like the looks of that and I think that's the direction I'll be headed and soon! I'm due for a roll over Twisted Evil

Your YJ does cool tricks like that???
Mine just plays dead!

If you go through Zach be sure to call him instead of ordering online. It may save you a few bucks and he's a real nice guy to deal with.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 3:19 pm

Your YJ does cool tricks like that???
Mine just plays dead!

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Nick,
Zack from AtoZ did my cage put it in and tie it into the frame he did a great job and the price was good. It was one job I didnot have to do myself. As for seats I like my Mastercraft seats cost more than the whole jeep did lol! but worth the price.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 12:50 am

Thanks...if you don't mind posting...what'd you end up paying for the cage? and also the seats? I was gonna get the new Corbeau seats in Spice that i saw are available now and like 200 something a piece which is much better than the 400+ mastercrafts. Anything you would do differently with your setup of your cage? Any options you would have liked to ad and did you do the front part and back part?
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 11:04 am

Mine cage is Toys by Troy Here is a picture.

Full Cage, Trail Cage?? I-6

Full Cage, Trail Cage?? I-8

Full Cage, Trail Cage?? I-7

Its welded and bolted. I did not install it though, so I cannot give you cost.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 5:19 pm

Zack gave me a price of between $500 to $700 depending on what you want done. Mine cost $575 front loop 4 spreders a plate to mount the CB a shoulder bar for the harness and front tie into the frame using the stock roll bar. picure of my cage .http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754559
Seats
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=MC-RUBICON they were $315 with free shipping when I bought mine. I had Quadartec to price match. read this thread before you buy the Corbeau seats http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823882 My mastercraft seat do sit higher that the stock seat but the Corbeau maybe even higher.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 pm

Now I'm going to have to step up the Cage project. Its time for me to start thinking safety.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 11:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. It was VERY helpful, and the price didn't send me into depression with another unaffordable jeep mod! I have TJ seats from a Sahara in my rig now and they were very hard to get used to. It was like learning how to drive all over again because they sat so much higher than my stock yj seats. I had a hard time adjusting to the front part of the seat feeling like it pushed against my legs and it was weird with the pedals. However, in the end the extra visibility is great and was worth the uncomfortable start. I'm 5'9" so it ends up being perfect for me. Something tells me in the end the choice will be the Mastercrafts because whenever I try to get away with saving a few bucks it comes back to bite me!

Anyway, I think I'll give A to Z a call tomorrow! This is gonna be my next mod!
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 5:09 pm

August 6th!!! They were booked until then. I'm excited as hell though cheers mbn 9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Cage, Trail Cage??   Full Cage, Trail Cage?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full Cage, Trail Cage??
Page 1 of 1