Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Tire Carrier/Cage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Tire Carrier/Cage Empty
PostSubject: Tire Carrier/Cage   Tire Carrier/Cage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 10:25 pm

I need a tire carrier. I currently have a currie bumper with no swing arm pin. I picked up this months JP Mag and read the article on the carriers, but was wondering if anyone has had any expierience with the cage type (see pic below). Good, bad, indifferent? What is the advantage/disadvantage of these? Does anyone know where to get one fabricated. Thanks in advance.

Tire Carrier/Cage Dsc00210
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Tire Carrier/Cage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Carrier/Cage   Tire Carrier/Cage Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 1:20 pm

looks like poison spyder. I have heard good things about this cage but the other one they make I did not.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Tire Carrier/Cage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Carrier/Cage   Tire Carrier/Cage Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 4:18 pm

Yea! Vince might be able to fabricate one for you like it. He will be at the York show with me. We are tent resident for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Tire Carrier/Cage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Carrier/Cage   Tire Carrier/Cage Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 9:42 pm

Two things you need to remember with tire carriers. one is weight and the other is size. Too much of either will just get in the way or just work your rear springs.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Tire Carrier/Cage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Carrier/Cage   Tire Carrier/Cage Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 1:27 pm

The reason I like the cage style (ie. the poison spyder) is because it protects you from tearing off the spare and destroying tailgate, tire carrier and anything else in its path. Carrying a 37" around on the back kind of sucks and I've been very close to tearing it off on a few occssions. I'm definetley waiting for the day I catch it dropping off a ledge. The poison spyder setup is awesome however it requires the use of their rear crusher corners to distribute some of the weight and add some structural support. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Very sweet setup just like all of poison spyders stuff but you definetley pay for it big time.
Back to top Go down
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Tire Carrier/Cage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Carrier/Cage   Tire Carrier/Cage Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 2:25 pm

Thanks for everyones input. I talked to McMahon yesterday at the jeep show and they said they could fab it for me. Just have to work the details out. Not going to happen anytime soon, ie.$$$ and time. But if $$$ allows then I might try for the poison spyder set up seeing I have wanted their crusher corners for a while. Or maybe a little bit of both.

Thanks again!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Tire Carrier/Cage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Carrier/Cage   Tire Carrier/Cage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 11:14 am

Yah I've been wanting the corners and that tire carrier as well as the front tube fenders but that's money that I'd rather spend on my drivetrain right now. I figure a bit down the road after i trash my stock body panels!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tire Carrier/Cage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Carrier/Cage   Tire Carrier/Cage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tire Carrier/Cage
Page 1 of 1