Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Which Size Tire???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CagedSami
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
CagedSami

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Which Size Tire??? Empty
PostSubject: Which Size Tire???   Which Size Tire??? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 10:22 am

What do you guys think, Im staying sami axles for now (have to much money in them to tear them out already) and Im looking at either 33x12.50s or 34x10.50(or9.5). I think i would benefit from being alittle higher with the 34 for ground clearance? Let me know what you all think.
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Which Size Tire??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Size Tire???   Which Size Tire??? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:42 am

run 37's
Back to top Go down
CagedSami
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
CagedSami

Male

Which Size Tire??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Size Tire???   Which Size Tire??? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Well im not sure if you familiar with sami axles but not excatly built to handle 37's. lol!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Which Size Tire??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Size Tire???   Which Size Tire??? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:18 pm

34's the sami can handle the narrow tires with the short wheel base and the narrow track.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Which Size Tire??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Size Tire???   Which Size Tire??? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:38 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
34's the sami can handle the narrow tires with the short wheel base and the narrow track.

x2

Bigger is ALWAYS better 9
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male

Which Size Tire??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Size Tire???   Which Size Tire??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:00 am

my buddy runs 39's on his, and you said that you had too much money in them already to ditch them, i took that as chromo safts and upgraded birffs. you should be able to handle some 37's. i use to run 35's with a locked 30, so i have an idea on strenght of axles.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Which Size Tire??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Size Tire???   Which Size Tire??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:02 am

Yeah well Dana 30 is a good bit larger that either front or rear of the stock sami axles. But for size and weight and what he is trying to do with the rig (not break every other run) staying under 35's is a good idea. Plus he has the low set gears in the T-case but stock gears in the sami axles. He does have some money in to the sami axles but he is looking for a easy upgrade while he builds his toyota axles. In time I'm sure John will turn it in to a buggy but for know he is looking to enjoy the rig with as little money invested in to tires and stock axles.

John Call me when do you and your dad want to go out again?
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male

Which Size Tire??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Size Tire???   Which Size Tire??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:43 am

ok, just go 60's....it solves alot of problems. jjjjjjjjjjj
Back to top Go down
CagedSami
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
CagedSami

Male

Which Size Tire??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Size Tire???   Which Size Tire??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 2:06 pm

Well its not always the size of the axle shaft it's self that can be a problem with larger tires. Sami axles have been referred to as "tin cans" when talking about the wall thinkness of the axles, As for your buddy running 39s on sami axles what kind of wheelin does he do? Nester is right I want to beat the piss out of this thing without putting awhole lot of money into the axles, b/c it will be a buggy sooner or later (money) so no reason to dump more money into things I will be swapping out. BUT at the same time I want to be able to wheel the good trails (black and red) for now (which I have been doing with the 31s, so 34s will be a god send)
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Which Size Tire??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Size Tire???   Which Size Tire??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 2:15 pm

1 I'm keeping a eye out for ya. If I see 34's for sale I will call you.
Back to top Go down
CagedSami
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
CagedSami

Male

Which Size Tire??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Size Tire???   Which Size Tire??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 4:35 pm

Found a set!! almost new he wants 450 for 5 so im gonna take him up on it!! Now I just gotta get the money
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Which Size Tire??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Size Tire???   Which Size Tire??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Size Tire???
Page 1 of 1