Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Control Arm updates

Go down 
AuthorMessage
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Control Arm updates Empty
PostSubject: Control Arm updates   Control Arm updates Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 6:26 pm

OK... so it has been ages since I have been on... but I am sneaking on at work...

A lot has happened the past few weeks... but I should be back in the action very soon...

Just got Black and Blue back yesterday... it has been with George for 2 weeks... I felt like I was waiting for it in the ER or something...

New axle mounts... super heavy duty... (Tico got a peak)... all welded up, aligned and rolling like a million bucks.

The alignment is still a hair off on caster angle because of the budget lift vs non ajustable control arms... but I can live with it...

It is not all good news though... the adjustable track bar I bought to get drivable now does not clear the diff cover very well with the axle where it belongs... it is leaving a scuff mark on the cover (paint transfer, but no dent).

Unfortunately I can not go back to stock... Danny and I had to drill the tapered hole out per the instructions... so a taper pin does not go back in.

So it is a valid justifiable cause to the wife for a bigger lift... always a silver lining.

So I am in the works to get a lift with adjustable control arms... we shall see how it turns out...

Thats it from my end...

Going up to Buffalo for the weekend... my brother is home for a few days from Afganastan... he won't be back again til April, so even a day with him is worth it. Hoping to hear from the one in Iraq too... it has been ages since we talked to either of them.

Hope to see you all on the trails again soon... might have to wait for the lift yet though... don't want to press the diff cover into the gears.

Talk to you soon.

Tony
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26

Control Arm updates
Page 1 of 1