Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Another wheeling place

Go down 
+6
Locked_N_Loaded
CagedSami
thinga'ma'rig
makitupthehardway
The Devil Dog
Rockn93YJ
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Are you Interested in ridding here.
1) Yes
Another wheeling place I_vote_lcap100%Another wheeling place I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 12 ]
2) No
Another wheeling place I_vote_lcap0%Another wheeling place I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Another wheeling place Empty
PostSubject: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 5:02 pm

From a friend in a sister club:
I wheeled a place in VA over the weekend. Crabtree Falls trail near Montebello, VA. It's a 9.5 mile green/blue trail with lots of black off-shoots and plenty of camping sites. The trail connects two highways through National Forest over The Preist mountain and it's perfectly legal. In fact, a Sheriff in a Cherokee pulled up behind us and talked for a while. He even gave us some guide help on which trail to take. I wouldn't go with more than 6 vehicles though. It is a narrow trail, few passing opportunities, and two-way traffic!
If you look on Microsoft streets and Trips, the trailhead is Meadows Ln off of Hwy 56 near Montebello, VA. On the map it appears that the road ends in 2 miles. Wrong. This is where the fun begins. The first two miles are just a gravel road. You will come to a hiking trailhead(The AT runs through here). There are bathrooms and a parking lot. If you continue on, the trail goes another 7.5 miles. It starts off very green and gets better and better. A bone-stock, small 4wd can make it the whole way without a scratch. There are probably some two dozen "by-passes" that range from blue to high black. There are serveral hill climbs and two large play areas with lots of obstacles. The trail ends at Lowesville/Piney River, VA.

This is a known trail. I didn't discover anything. You will find people here. I was there Sunday and met the Richmond, Capital City Crawlers Jeep Club, and two Land Rover clubs along the way.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 10:46 pm

Wow, that sounds nice. I wouldn't mind riding that sometime. Care to organize a trip?

Last edited by The Devil Dog on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:51 am

Looks like a road friendly jeep trip, well see what happens in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:34 pm

I'm game. If there is alot of interest keeping the groups small is key. maybe even try doing this on a week day depending on how far away it is.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 7:39 pm

I think a week day would make it hard for most people. Maybe we can organize a group of 10 max per session. That's a manegable number.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:03 am

Ten is too big of a group unless it was spilt in to five and five. A weekday would work for some that can take or have days that they dont work. Also there would be less of a crowd out there if we were trying to learn and explore the area.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 11:25 pm

I can run on a tues or thurs
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 12:03 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 12:03 pm

how far away is it from baltimore, and i guess these would have to be tagged vehicles or can i park the trailer at the roads end and take my jeep in on the trail,, i just took mine off the road.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 1:50 pm

that sucks I love driving on the street in my jeep. but on the other hand it lets not have to worry about whats legal or not.
Back to top Go down
CagedSami
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
CagedSami

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 4:51 pm

I may be interested too, but also would have to be able to trailer my rig up there.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 6:34 pm

Yeah and its three hours from me off of 81 so i would think that the trip would take anyone outside of my area longer. Bill is about the same distance from 81 as I am.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 9:19 pm

mapquest shows it being 3 hours and 45 minutes from my sisters house. Good news is if a small group of us go I might be able to get my sister to let us camp on her land that is about 30 minutes away from her farm. I will check with her this week. Montebello, VA is near Lexington and thats just south of Stuarts Daft which is where my sisters farm is. I might run out there with my brother inlaw on my own to see what its all about. This could be good. Bill its about a hour and half or so from the rest stop we met up with everyone on our way to Tellico.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:53 pm

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 2:51 am

About 5 hours for me Sad and I cry about my 1 - 1.5 hour drive to rausch
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 10:39 am

if we do this you can come down and crash with me the day before.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 7:32 pm

That might work...maybe it'll be a Pathfinder wheeling trip and I'll just stick to the nice dirt road. I'm fair game for wheeling it I just don't like the offroad pin striping!!!
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 12:27 am

Well this is turning into something after all. Keep me posted.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 9:33 am

Okay if you take that pathfinder I will take the grand. If we dont have CB's I have a set of motorola two ways.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 12:58 am

I like where this is going...I can hear the Jeep vs. Nissan war already and i LOVE it! 9 sdfsdgsdg WJ
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 1:10 am

mine already has a advantage. 1.) 2 inch lift and 31 mtr's 2.) the heart and soul its a jeep. But I will play your game, I just dont want to hurt the Pathfinders feelings shdjfhdjghkdbfjxcdb
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 11:30 am

LOL...i love it!!!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 12:26 am

Now we just need to find there local Damons or Hotel bar and make a party of it. 9
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:18 am

I'd have to find a place to park the truck/trailer.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 2:27 pm

I will have to run out that way in the next month or so to visit my sister and see the new baby. While I'm out there I think I might run down and scope it out and see how it looks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another wheeling place   Another wheeling place Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another wheeling place
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next