Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

ready welder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

ready welder Empty
PostSubject: ready welder   ready welder Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 10:32 pm

Does anyone have any experience with Ready Welders?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252768
Back to top Go down
treefrog
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
treefrog

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-01-21

ready welder Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready welder   ready welder Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 9:28 pm

We have one of the military versions at work. Don't remember the model number off the top of my head. Only thing that is different is the ability to hook into the slave receptacle of a military truck instead of hooking up to batteries (it will still do that though). I've only used the flux core that came with it and never tried any thin gauge, but it will run 3/8" and 1/2" ALL DAY LONG. You would think that the gun would be too heavy and bulky to fit in a lot of places, but it is really nicely balanced and will still fit in most places you would need to get to.
I haven't used it a whole lot, but I would buy one if I had the money lying around.
Only bad thing about it, is that the case is about the size of a medium sized suitcase....and it's heavy if you need to lug it very far, but it has everything you need in the one case.
Back to top Go down

ready welder
Page 1 of 1