Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back

Go down 
+2
projblacknblue
MaxRox
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-01-19

CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Empty
PostSubject: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 9:32 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that Camp Jeep is back and being held at the Oak Ridge Estatte in Nelson County Virginia, July 26-28. cheers

http://www.nelsoncounty.com/visit/stories/storyReader$159

Information will follow regarding volunteering as a Trail Guide.

Currently, Tidewater Four Wheelers is doing the trail prep for Camp Jeep with work weekends during the next three months.
February 10-11, 2007
March 17-18, 2007
April 14-15, 2007

They need all the help they can get preparing the trails, so please let me know if you are interested in volunteering for any of these weekends.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 11:14 pm

K... Feb coincides with club run... what about the other 2 ?

Count me in for March and April though.

I take it since it is Camp Jeep it will be Blues at worst? Just curious to know what I am getting myself into... hehehe... rabbit jkfg
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

PostSubject: Re: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 11:17 pm

All I can tell you is "It's Only Oak Ridge." THere are some really hard trails, but a lot of bypasses. No need to worry. I did Camp Jeep 2000 in a stock Sahara. (When Max was just a baby.) shdjfhdjghkdbfjxcdb
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

PostSubject: Re: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 11:18 pm

All I can tell you is "It's Only Oak Ridge." THere are some really hard trails, but a lot of bypasses. No need to worry. I did Camp Jeep 2000 in a stock Sahara. (When Max was just a baby.) shdjfhdjghkdbfjxcdb
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 12:30 am

Everyone that is a serious wheeler says that camp jeep is pussy wheeling and very controled. Plus isn't it like 250 a head?
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

PostSubject: Re: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 9:12 am

Camp Jeep is designed for the first time wheeler, that is for sure. Oak Ridge has some decent trails, quite challenging actually. I have seen and heard of plenty of carnage there.

But, we need serious wheelers to help get the trails ready, and if you volunteer as a trail guide you get into Camp Jeep for free. (Not to mention they pay for your hotel while you are there.)

BTW, have no fear. I do know how to operate my chainsaw. affraid So join us for the work weekends. I'll make sure I bring enough beer for everybody for the after work part. king
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 12:39 am

Well I can bring the Crawling DJ booth 8

Did I hear someone say BEER?? king
Back to top Go down
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 am

Bobbi-
Andrea and I may be able to come help on the April outing. My rig should be back together by then. If we get Andreas jeep before that we might make the March one also.
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

PostSubject: Re: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 10:24 am

Looks like the work weekends are a little over crowded with the Virginia group. I will let you all know if any additional help is needed.

The work weekends are not required to be a trail guide at Camp Jeep. I will let you know when the information comes out for volunteers.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: A llittle history on Camp Jeep   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 2:05 pm

At the biggining the camp Jeep organization held their activities out on the west cost, but the most they ever mustered was like 2500 people. not much compared to their first year at the Oakridge estates on July 1999 the first camp Jeep event. They has 30,000 people show, every state of the Union was represented on the parking area, even Hawaii and Puerto Rico peole had send their rigs in advance. It was an awesome event that solidified the experiance of the Jeep thing other still don't understand. This is a show, a camp of adventerous people that make up the Jeep profile. In fact it's the beginning of most clubs. meeting people from all over the United States.

I participated in Camp Jeep as a customer in 99, 2000, and 2001, I skipped 2002 and retunred for 2003 as a trail guide with Clarke Jensen, it was then that the idea arised for putting together a club. teaching new Jeep owners how to have fun with their Jeeps has been the forfront of our club as it was for Camp Jeep. They provided the tool (the Jeep) now it's up to people like us to provide the knowledge. In our club I would say that their are some 20 members that could participate as guides and spotters, that is what we teach on the trails how to spot your fellow member through those hardship trails.

Camp Jeep is valid, it's fun, and like Bobbi said they pay you an allowance for hotel and gas as well as pay for your entry to camp Jeep. The Virginia tidewater organization has been doing this now for many years and they have a great team of responsible guides and spotters.

When they ask for additional trail guides; take the charge, accept the challenge and expand your knowledge about our community of off road enthusiasts. We all have the skills, the knowldge and the experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 8:07 pm

scratch
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:31 pm

I got winded Smile , I like Camp Jeep, specially as a trail guide or other supporting roles. Gives the club further credability, I wonder how many people we will have represent us there? scratch

Sorry Nester, got carried away. Senior moments.
Back to top Go down
BeastyTJ
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
BeastyTJ

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 9:45 pm

I will be there!!!!!!

driving2

Last edited by on Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Camp Jeep 2007 Trail Guides request   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 11:09 pm

Due to the fact that there will be shortages of guides for camp jeep I would like to challenge our membership to stand up and be counted. It's fun, you make new friends, you have an opportunity to teach someone new how to wheel and offer guidance on doing things right. Not to mention that fact that you might end up on several publications too. Those of you who are interested to participate will have a unique opportunity in representing the club and the association an show responsible off road driving. I did it for 3 years and Loved every minute of it. Let me know who is going: I know Bobbi is going for sure, anyone else?

By the way: Membership on this forum does not constitute membership in the club or the association, you must be a club active member via the MeetUp site:http://jeep.meetup.com/201/ and OK'ed by the board members.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Application for Trail Guide at Camp Jeep   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 10:58 am

Here is the link for the Trail Guide Application for guide at Camp Jeep:
shdjfhdjghkdbfjxcdb http://members.aol.com/firstcolonial/guestbk.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back   CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAMP JEEP 2007 - It's Back
Page 1 of 1