Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

To lift or not to lift that is the question?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

To lift or not to lift that is the question? Empty
PostSubject: To lift or not to lift that is the question?   To lift or not to lift that is the question? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 5:19 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Okay peoples here is the deal. I'm toying with the idea of 33's for the grand cherokee. higjdhgkjgh 4 inches of lift with minor triming can make this happen. what do you guys think? If I did 33's I know that the WJ would need a set of 4:56's to still have highway driving. So for this to happen I would have to think budget. The main thought at the moment if just the lift. The 31' MTR's are still in great shape so running them till the lift is over and done is not issue. This will be a very non rush project (like all my projects). Key facts to remember here are this jeep is going to be a mild wheeler and road trip jeep.

-Must do good on highway
-Green and Blue trails
-Economical lift

This is just a idea of something to do with this jeep that seems to just sit and not do much but when we do use it we love it so its not worth selling but it has potential. What do you guys think. Before you post check out

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/

They have long arm kits that can be add on items after I have done the 4 inch lift and bought the skids and adjustable track bars. I will buy the cheap short arm ones for the front if I do this. okay boys lets here it.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift that is the question?   To lift or not to lift that is the question? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 5:44 pm

Is it a I6 or v8. As far as lift 4" and 33's suck, I would stick with 32x10.50 at 4" of lift this way you don't have to regear if its a v8. Check My orvis sometime this is set up the exact way your talking about except for the long arms in the front.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift that is the question?   To lift or not to lift that is the question? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 6:04 pm

I wish it was a V8. Its a I6 with 3:73's so with 33's I will really need gears. I have 2 inch BDS springs so with the BB spacers I have 4 inches but what else will I need to add?
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift that is the question?   To lift or not to lift that is the question? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 6:40 pm

leave the cherokee alone! "Must do good on highway
-Green and Blue trails", it already can! I thought you were going to build a buggy?
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift that is the question?   To lift or not to lift that is the question? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Okay screw it then lets talk about the buggy.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift that is the question?   To lift or not to lift that is the question? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 3:39 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
Okay screw it then lets talk about the buggy.

Go ahead and start a thread for the buggy. call it "project overkill" and I'll start mine shortly after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift that is the question?   To lift or not to lift that is the question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To lift or not to lift that is the question?
Page 1 of 1