Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Buggy Dreams and Names?

Go down 
+2
Grason
makitupthehardway
6 posters
AuthorMessage
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Buggy Dreams and Names? Empty
PostSubject: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 11:15 pm

So what do call it? scratch Come to think about it the YJ doesn't even have a name. Yeah well whatever if you got something good let me know what you got.

Basic specs:

-Dana 60's or 14 bolt rear
-351 ford motor (460 if I get lucky) I might go small block but I'm not much for chevy's.
-Auto trans unless I find a trans with a good granny gear
-Doubler mbn 203, 205 or a 208 with a Dana 300 unless I get a ford front then I will run a 205/208 or a flipped D300 why cause its easy and cheap unless I find a deal on a atlas or a stak 8

-Stock YJ frame stretched with XJ leafs in the rear Waggy fronts in the front. All stock stuff that I will have double wrapped at the local shop. SOA with a custom setup for the axle wrap (Junk Yard stuff is cheap) 8

-The tub will be made up of mostly YJ and CJ parts. (cj front clip so I can tag it and run classic tags) Not to street but handy if I want to run it up to the store for shits and grins. Tube everything fenders cage stinger.

-It will have heat and a kick ass system (how could it not)

At the moment this is the long term goal. I'm currently hunting for cheap parts to start the collection. So if any one has a old F350 or F250 (dont need the 44) Let me know. I hope to be able to start this sometime next summerish. Till then its just dreams

Back to the names maybe I should call it buckbang buggy or "the ghetto rock sled" This should be fun. Let me know what you guys think.

Oh and Bill, yes it will be propane and have two tanks painted like Monster cans. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 11:37 pm

im building 94yj, 4.0l, tf999, 300/atlas, dana 60's, 39" reds, clayton tj rear longarms, soa front, full hydro, custom cage, gutted interior with just the necessary switches and guages. gonna be pretty sweet when it is finally finished. but i dont have a name for mine either.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:02 am

how about "pipe dream"
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:32 am

why not "Wilma" - a cavemans dreams
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:56 am

Wilma is funny not bad. Pipe dream is going to be a good name for it once its tubed out in the Rear with a custom Four link. Keep it coming.

How is the build coming grason ? I haven't seen any pics since you first posted when you found us? When do you think it will all come together?
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 1:24 pm

I also ment pipe dream as in this is still way down the road.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 1:44 pm

hey nestor for the double wrap part. If you get another main leaf from a xj turn it arond the opposite way of the rest of the pack, cut the small end off and slide it onto the other main leaf. re-drill that leaf. then you wont have to get the shop to do the rear. I have only heard this done with xj springs not sure if it will work with the waggys
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 1:52 pm

Thats a interesting Idea. scratch But my plan was to get stock springs from a XJ and a waggy from the junk yard. That way I might spend 50 bucks for cheap springs that are already broken in to and then take them to the spring shop to get them military wrapped for strenght and axle wrap. And have a second center pin set in them. That way I can run the M.O.R.E. antiwrap spring mounts.

Yeah Pipe dream is a good one come to think about it. I have been dreaming of doing this for years and hopefully things will go well in the next year so that I can make this happen.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:07 pm

when you say pipe dream all I can think of is a big hooka
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 7:15 pm

im doing some work to it tomorrow so i will take some pics and post em for yall to look at and make fun of
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:23 pm

yeah thats what I am taking about.

"There is a little trick I learned from jethrodog on the XJ springs. Get another XJ main leaf, reverse it, redrill the centerpin hole and "military wrap" the front frameside spring eye. Just cut off and round the shackle side. I've had mine on there a year now, no issues. Note the "blowup" box."

Buggy Dreams and Names? Stretched8

Home made military wrap springs
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:41 pm

links baby links
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:49 pm

Hey matt I now get it. thats not a bad idea if the double wrap at the shop cost to much. but the up side to the shop doing it is a new double wrapped spring at both ends and one fresh spring to bring life to the springs.

Grason, I know please dont remind me. yeah I want to do links front and rear but I want a buggy to wheel the piss out of while I set them up and the money for tubing and joints and trusses, etc. are only going to add to the wait. Running leafs will allow me to get this moving alot faster and work out the motor, trans and tcase first. then fancy 4 links and half tubed YJ with boat sides.
Back to top Go down
CagedSami
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
CagedSami

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 9:56 am

The Turquoise turtle Wink
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:46 am

The Triple T, I like that one for the YJ how about the buggy and good ideas john?
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:07 am

boatsides are badass, that will look sweet
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:21 am

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Yes it will. Especially after I get the Rear linked and all tubed out.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:47 am

scratch why can't money grow on trees? scratch
Back to top Go down
CagedSami
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
CagedSami

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:38 am

I second that, that way i could just go get some 60's and call it good!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buggy Dreams and Names?   Buggy Dreams and Names? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buggy Dreams and Names?
Page 1 of 1