Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Jeeps gone wild

Go down 
+8
jealos-z
thinga'ma'rig
makitupthehardway
Rockn93YJ
Locked_N_Loaded
Twisted Willys
UPNOVER
The Devil Dog
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 12:42 am

10-20-2007, Jeeps go wild at Rausch Creek. Members of the Maryland Rock Raiders and several other clubs storm the park like never before, there had to be some 200 or more Jeeps present, many to support the Cancer Fundraiser, others out for their club run. There was the New Jersey Jeep Club, the Hummer club, Members from PA Jeeps and just too many to count. Oddly enough, we did not run into to many people on our trail ride. From our club there was; Bill and family, Nester and Emily, Kim and Jay, Matt Moore and AJ, Greg Knoll, Kat, Joe and his father they made up the Black and Red trail seekers. Then there was Rich Ackerman, Jeff (Rich’s friend), Larry and his right seat, his friend (Gunny) and a right seat and me (Tico) whom were blazing the Blue trails and some light black ones too.

Folks there were Jeeps everywhere, from the far right of the lot to the far left and then some. There is a new check in building that has been erected, much bigger and more hospitable, Bruce was out there cutting sheet rock to size and I got to tell you there is a lot of heart going into this place, all in the name of keeping the sport alive!

I took my group and we started on the comp course, showing Rick what he has been missing. Starting out we took the first pile of rocks in the center of the comp area, the one that took my shock not long before. Rick was all over it, and enjoying every minute of it, then Gunny and followed by Larry. Larry provided the group with all the photo opportunities we needed, he drove up to the top and slid to the side of a rock making him of camber. What a bunch of good shots, His passenger, grabbing for dear life (new to the trails) was nervous and noticing the drop to their right meant that if they rolled, he would be in the receiving end first. Larry, well let’s say the extra paper I gave him was not to clean his nose!
With Rick running a strap to the inner roll bar and ridding his flank, and Larry’s friend Gunny providing the base for the winch, it was a winch in and side straddle roll, with great skill, and nervousness, Larry made it out of his dilemma. Wooooeee! I got to tell you it was a hairy experience. We headed out to the Garnet next; I took the lead and show the group how to navigate through it, but without lockers is very hard to do. Rick tried it but unsuccessful, then the Gunny tried it also unsuccessfully. We clear the are and headed through the east property looking for some place to play, as we navigated towards the south property, we also ran the Black trail #8 and Blue trail #4, some picture moments and then we landed at the tomb stone area, climbed some rocks where I suffered the lost of my rear diff skit plate and blew out 3 diff bolts in the process. More to follow…

http://photoshow.comcast.net/viewshow/QH2sG3fy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 8:46 pm

Nice job Tico.. that was alot of pic's..

Great group we wheeled with today....

Chris,
Thanks for the invite... We had a great time.. You saved the day.. I had no idea the practice was going to be so short or I would of brought the jeep. I owe you some king when we stop up your place..

Thanks again...
Back to top Go down
Twisted Willys
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Twisted Willys

Male
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 11:49 pm

Great show Tico!
Man I cant wait to be on the trail!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/DLLME
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 12:03 am

Good times! I'm happy to say I finally ran rock creek (or half or 3/4 it's up for debate i'm with 3/4) Anyway, I just broke the shot mount and nth degree stinger mount and I think that was it. 9 I'll pop a link in here for pics then once I upload them.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 8:18 am

it was 3/4 and the remaining section is not as bad as what you already did.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 9:21 am

Rockn93YJ wrote:
it was 3/4 and the remaining section is not as bad as what you already did.

Sounds like I know what we are doing next weekend. lol!
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:53 am

Here are the pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/njf128/Rausch_Creek_10_2021_07

I have to f'ing help nicki's sister and brother in law move on sunday saw2
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 3:25 pm

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/iP5gd2hT
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Joe's video   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 4:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoRUDuf1sb0

This was the playground off of boot hill. Is there a name for it? Joe climbed the most difficult line.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 5:52 pm

that little loop of rocky area is Tombstone, which is demonstrated on that video posted above. Speaking of the video whats with moving those rocks around? building trails are you. move a couple more and I'll go get the ford focus to wheel.jocolor
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 6:13 pm

lol! There was a lot of that going on - I think it was because we were spotting a stock rubicon before that. I guess that guy has a few trucks and is about to build a toyota with dual boxes etc. but that was his g/fs or wife (not sure which) and he was even worried about scratching the wheels haha. I calmed down a lot after finding out it was his girls rig though.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 6:27 pm

Rockn93YJ wrote:
that little loop of rocky area is Tombstone, which is demonstrated on that video posted above. Speaking of the video whats with moving those rocks around? building trails are you. move a couple more and I'll go get the ford focus to wheel.jocolor

Guess I will hold off posting the 3 prior rigs video's....LOL

That first line was a serious climb and kept changing by the second...
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 6:48 pm

wow joe, that is the line i did, i had more difficulty than you. good job 9 king P.S. I STILL MADE IT THOUGH lol!
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Story by Greg Knoll   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 6:58 pm

Notes from the other side of the park

The black/red crew stuck around staging long enough to get a few jeeps tech inspected for the upcoming RC comp, and rolled out around 9:30 with all the people mentioned below. We headed directly to the rock creek, led by Matt Moore and AJ who flawlessly navigated the whole afternoon without carnage of their own, or I might add, spotters. About 300 feet into the trail, we encountered our first two breaks - first Kat lost her driver front axle. Fortunately for her, Joe had a spare front axle ready to go. While swapping her axle we noticed that Nick had separated his Drivers Side Front shock axle mount from the axle. While using his rig to run air tools on Kat's rig we also removed the shock from his jeep to allow him to continue on without.

During this repair we met Ben Satanoff from team 666 in his green toyota competition rig. We pretty well had the creek blocked at the time, so there was plenty of time for making friends.... moving on. We proceded down the creek, Joe had an exciting two wheel bounce, but came through without issues. As we moved into the wider part of the creek Nester provided us with a lunch stop by twisting his front axle tube into two pieces. He had a spare along and changed it on the spot while we all ate and posed for photos. After lunch we rolled another 50 feet or so before Kat made a wishbone of her front steering arm. She took up her position as jeep nurse while nester fixed the steering with a highlift jack handle and some creative pipe bending on kat's front frame tube. While working on this, Kat noticed that her shackles looked funny - at this point we discovered 3 of 4 shackles were broken and the passenger side leaf spring was bouncing free every time she came off a rock. Lucky it didn't fail entirely and fold the axle under the jeep, or cross the frame and thread itself into the radiator... None the less, Bill Gilbert helped extract Kat from the creek allowing the others to proceed. As Bill and I rolled out with Kat, I heard Kim and Jay loose a bead on the rocks.

We met again on the way out of the park. Kat was all right, and got a new set of shackles the next morning - was wheeling again by sun-up. I hear tell that she blew a drive shaft on Sunday too...

Sunday with the comp course runners - was perfect - we started by going through tech and drivers meeting then ran the first course. Chris Lloyd tied for first place in the practice rounds with 0 points! fantastic run. After the first course we all opted out of the rest of the practice to head into the park and have some fun. Tico can fill in from here.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Jeeps gone wild-2   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 8:34 pm

Here is a nice slide show I am sure you all will appreciate. Enjoy!
http://photoshow.comcast.net/viewshow/iz7nS3Uc

Last edited by on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 8:37 pm

UPNOVER wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoRUDuf1sb0

This was the playground off of boot hill. Is there a name for it? Joe climbed the most difficult line.
Nice piece.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:14 pm

I don't know but Rausch sure has come a long way. It might be that I'm becoming more familar with the place and the trails but this past weekend was the first time I got that "paragon feeling". I don't know if anybody can relate to what I mean but it just felt like the paragon neuroc area and you're just like damn this place was meant to wheel. Exciting stuff 9
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:39 am

Oh yeah I had that too but I think its also cause we finally got to run nothing but hard stuff all weekend. But its not just you Rausch as really come a long way in the last two years.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:01 pm

I had blast with you guys on Sunday and so did my friends in the Rubi thanks again looking forward to wheelin again
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:19 pm

jealos-z wrote:
I had blast with you guys on Sunday and so did my friends in the Rubi thanks again looking forward to wheelin again

I have to tell you again that your small block sounds sweet when climbing. I have a video of Chris climbing tombstone and in the background you are running another line and its sounds nice!!..

Let us know when you will be up there again. I will have my rig this time and not bumming a seat from Chris...
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Sunday's Pics   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:46 pm

Here are my pics from Sunday's run. They are mostly from Tombstone and Sunken Treasure. The Tombstone pics just aren't the same without the audio!!! The 4.7 smoking all 4 tires and spitting out rocks just sounds cool.

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v619/connordanny/Rausch%20Creek%2010-21-07/
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:38 pm

here are some pics of the comp practice on sunday. Its from another group but there are some pics of joe and greg.

http://jeepin.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45713
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:25 am

Nice pictures guys, Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 1:08 am

I'm waiting for the post to turn up somewhere about the dumbass spotting the ZJ who not only got confused as to where zone 2 and 3 actually were but also displayed an ankle snapping fall in front of everyone. Lets just say I'll have a few less heinekens the night before comp queen

Sucks that I missed skinny pedal action from Bill, although I did hear it from where I was and started getting very antsy and tried, to no avail, to reach you guys on the radio! It was frustrating hearing you guys but you not hearing me!! I think my CB is good for only 100 feet.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:44 am

Yeah I saw that dumb as stumbling around then all of a sudden Bill was like where did he go and then all we saw was a hard hat moving around. Bills skinny petal action was sweet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jeeps gone wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeps gone wild   Jeeps gone wild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeeps gone wild
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next