Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?

Go down 
+4
rockdw72
Locked_N_Loaded
mdcj7
s-n-o-w
8 posters
AuthorMessage
s-n-o-w
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
s-n-o-w

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-27

after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Empty
PostSubject: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 9:41 pm

Next weekend I will be installing a 3.5 inch suspension lift and 31 inch mud tires.

Other then an alignment do I have to do anything else to safely use this as my daily driver and to trail ride?

I am great at reading instructions and following along but don't have the knowledge to fix or modify the jeep myself without a picture guide to my right. asdasfferrgf

If something else has to happen please write it as if you were telling the mechanic at the shop.

thanks!
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:57 am

After driving it around for a couple of days go back and retorque all your bolts.
Back to top Go down
s-n-o-w
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
s-n-o-w

Male

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 8:58 pm

alright nice, I was worried about gearing and stuff which I was seeing on here.

thanks!
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:33 am

Nah you are arlright for gearing for now. It's time to worry about gears in the 33+ neighborhood. Focuse on skid plates for now and make me a bed in the back for those nights i can't figure out how to put the tent up.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:58 pm

I wouldn't let nick sleep in your jeep, he might get sick in it like he did the first night at bigdogs
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:09 pm

You guys are crazy that wasn't me. I have no shame, if it was me I'd have done it loud and proud and would take full credit.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 5:00 pm

Start thinking abut skids mainly control arm and Oil pan skid. Then do transfer case/trans and diffs. 3.5 inches is border line on lifting with out a SYE kit and Cv drive shaft. A good set of Rocker guards will be nice to protect the body.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 9:34 pm

First and for most buy rocker gaurds because they will take a beating. next I would worry about the diffs and stuff. By the way I have 32's on my other zj with the 5.2 and have no probs with my stock gears.
Back to top Go down
s-n-o-w
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
s-n-o-w

Male

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:47 pm

well I just got some rock guards today. Transfer case now has a skid plate on it. Gas tank has one stock, I know it must not be the best but atleast its there.

I don't plan on going very high until I move.

thanks for the help, they sent me the wrong kit last weekend so now its going on saturday! (got the right one.)
Back to top Go down
timberwolf
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
timberwolf

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 12:05 am

hey if ya need a hand with those rocker guards, gimme a yell... Wink
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 12:19 am

i would say that armor is king- oil pan, diff, transfer. those are worth weight in gold. I found that this weekend the front control arms is a good thing and rocker (i need rocker - good dent there).

matching spare - sounds like a no brainer but i did the stock spare then the beater rim and street only tire. this weekend smashed the "good" rim and the spare wasnt trail worthy.

ya know the best thing - run with these mutts. they will run you were you feel comfortable and push it but not too far. the best way is to play it with people you feel good about. My goal has been to push one new thing each time out - and its a rush. That shows me where i need to work on next.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:14 am

front control arm brackets and diff skid would be the next biggest thing. Because these things will get hit and trust me its a bitch when screw up one of those control arm brackets then have to get home or drive it the next day.
Back to top Go down
s-n-o-w
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
s-n-o-w

Male

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 6:47 pm

well, I am going to run some greens next weekend, did not get rocker guards on, that will be next weekend or the week after. When I re torque all the suspension.

and Allium, I have a matching spare, I would not even want to try to use a street tire with the other 3 being bigger mud tires.

looks like I will be armoring up now in the next few weeks.

PS: timberwolf, they fit great, I had them up there and marked them out just to make sure but I decided to wait so I could do it in the shop like everything else.
Back to top Go down
timberwolf
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
timberwolf

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 10:57 pm

good, glad to hear they're gonna work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?   after the lift and tires, what needs to happen? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

after the lift and tires, what needs to happen?
Page 1 of 1