Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Last Minute VooDoo Run

Go down 
+2
connordanny
MaxRox
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Last Minute VooDoo Run Empty
PostSubject: Last Minute VooDoo Run   Last Minute VooDoo Run Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 6:27 pm

So Kat and I came up with this brilliant idea to rush right out and run VooDoo before PAP ran out of time. Neither of us being available for next weeks run to Paragon. Especially since we only made it about 100 yards in on the last trip before running through scrub to get off the trail.

Knowing we needed three Jeeps to run, we asked Nester (Thinking it would be a fun thing for him to do on his birthday.) Knowing we needed a spotter, we asked Bill. And knowing we needed someone with a lot of experience, we asked Eric Miller to come along. We have Miller with his right seat, Matt, Kat, Bill, Nester, Ryan, and Bobbi. And our little group is ready to wheel.

We met early, and got out on the trail as fast as we could manage, not wanting any one else ahead of us. Little did we know that we were the only group crazy enough to attempt VooDoo covered in feet of snow.

The morning started with Miller in the lead, showing us the way...not to go. He ended up high centered, teeter tottering on his control arm. Add some muscle and he gets pushed off the rock. The rest of us took another line. Oddly, we found the first section to be easier with the snow coverage because it filled in some of the holes. So on we go. We had a long and successful run, making it about half way through before we had to make our way beck to the staging area. As far as the trail goes, we'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

Carnage: Miller's clutch fan, One of Kat's shock mounts, More damage to Kat's rear diff, hmmm...Nester broke something. Can't remember what. I just know we were fixing it in the hotel parking lot later.

Quote of the day: "I'm just one of the guys... Wink "

Last edited by on Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute VooDoo Run   Last Minute VooDoo Run Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 7:49 pm

Just WOW!lk
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute VooDoo Run   Last Minute VooDoo Run Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 8:02 pm

nice pics
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute VooDoo Run   Last Minute VooDoo Run Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 9:18 pm

I can't believe how much snow they still have up there. By the way how hard was it to find the trail with all the signs missing Wink
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute VooDoo Run   Last Minute VooDoo Run Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 9:21 pm

that was amazing how the whole trip came together. My jeep was still busted so I rode up to right seat with Kat. I raced up in the ford focus and somehow came up on Nester at the 81/83 junction, he pulled over to wait for kat and suddenly we had a convoy. Kat really scared me at first but then I realized the jeep does half the driving by itself and then felt more at ease. driving2
I got to drive the beast on sunday and what a blast it was. Thanks for throwing this together at the last minute, I really needed that. Had a blast.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2094807032
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute VooDoo Run   Last Minute VooDoo Run Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 11:13 pm

I always told you it was half me & half her that makes me able to do what I do but I thought you said you weren't scared Bill?? affraid You drove her so now you know - she's a beast with an attitude but she'll treat you good if you handle her right.
Thanks to all you guys who made it out at the last minute. What an awesome trail! It just kept getting better and better. Until we meet again for VooDoo II.

Here is the link to my pics:
https://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/UPNOVERYJ/VooDoo%203-4-07/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute VooDoo Run   Last Minute VooDoo Run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Minute VooDoo Run
Page 1 of 1