Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids

Go down 
+9
Allium
Jessica
Hank
The Devil Dog
Rockn93YJ
md4wheelin
makitupthehardway
UPNOVER
MaxRox
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-01-19

JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Empty
PostSubject: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 12:03 pm

Joe and were talking at dinner last night about our preschooolers and wheelin'. Of course, we want to take them out for a ride, but are worried they'll get bored and then get horrible. Twisted Evil

So here is my idea: We could have an intro to wheelin' day for the kids. Start a bit later, long lunch with lots of running around, then end a bit earlier. It wouldn't make for the best wheelin' trip ever for the parents, but it would start getting the kiddies used to being on the trail. Of course we would run green and light blue trails on the first outing.

I know a lot of you out there have been wheelin' with your kids since they were babies, but for those of who haven't (personally, I wanted to be away from the little monster affraid ), I think it would be a pleasant start.

Last edited by on Mon May 07, 2007 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 12:21 pm

That is a fantastic idea. My daughter really wants to go but she see's some of the pictures and she gets scared that we will be doing those things..(hmmm, maybe I shouldnt keep teasing her about climbing the huge hills..LOL)

I am in for that trip as long as its alittle later in the year.. I dont have any windows or heat in the buggy and she would definitely be miserable on a cold day..

Matt
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 12:37 pm

I forgot to say that this will be a warm weather event. The kids need to be able to get out and move around- a lot.

My mistake with my daughter was letting her see a rollover video that featured a jeep that looks like mine. So now I have to ease her in gently. Smile
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 7:56 pm

That would be great. My little cousins and my sisters kids keep asking to go jeepin.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 12:26 pm

I didn't think about this before but maybe this would be a good idea for going to GW national forest. I have been told its a place for mild wheeling not enough to keep you busy all day and they should have plenty of room for the munchins to run around.
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 12:38 pm

Sound great. And from what I've heard, you won't even be able to be tempted to do anything hard. Mostly green trails there.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 4:04 pm

GW I think your ride needs to be street leagal because its state land. I would be fine with RC in april or so. I think the key to this event will be stopping every so often to let them run around and blow off some energy. Also my daughter just turned 5 and I know boobi's daughter is 3 as far as everyone else kids what age bracets do they fall in.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 6:16 pm

isn't there a campground nearby there with a lake and "beach" swimming area?
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 12:04 am

Bobbi great idea, I am sure that the members who have children would love the idea. Great initiative, if you need help let me know. hjkgghfghfghdgdhdfdh Carry on!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 11:25 am

I think were were talking about late april for this one so the weather is half way decent.
Back to top Go down
Hank
Open/Open
Open/Open
Hank

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 12:43 pm

I'd love to join in. My son is not quite 2 yet so I think he's still a little young to understand whats going on. I would like to bring my wife. She has never been wheeling before and she thinks that I'm crazy for loving it. This would be great ride for her to come along on and who knows, she might even have fun. driving2
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Open/Open
Open/Open
Jessica

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-05-07

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 3:18 pm

I think thisi s the best idea ever. My son is not quite 2 also and he would love it. I know my husband would want to join. I might even be able to convinve our 16 yr old. If we aren't too uncool to be seen with. Or if his 1962 Willys is restored by then, he might even want to drive his own vehicle. Too much fun.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 4:59 pm

Combine it with things like a marshmallow roast and hot dogs on a stick for "dinner". Maybe a mid day nature scavanger hunt. Just an all around intro to the out doors. All my kids are grown I wouldnt mind pitching in ideas and such.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 5:33 pm

Aaron is 13 and Casey is 8. casey does well with playing with younger kids. He plays a lot with our neighbors kids ages 4 and 6 I think and he keeps them entertained for hours. I'm okay with wherever you choose. GW, Savage forest in western MD, or anything is fine.
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:09 pm

Now that we have made it to May without a date scheduled...Let's get one. How about June 8-10. I know it the regular club run, but I am available that weekend and so is Kelsey.

Let me know who is in and what destination you all think is best.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:43 pm

I can go up on Friday and camp overnight, wheel and whatever all day saturday and stay sat night. Sun morning I'd have to leave. Doesn't matter where we go to me.
Back to top Go down
4jeepnuts
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
4jeepnuts

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 9:43 pm

Sorry guys youns got me lost are you talking about Geo. Washington Nat. Forest?

I'm trying to figure out how far of a drive this would be?
GPs or a Mapquest link would help me a lot.

Thanks,
Scott
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Open/Open
Open/Open
Jessica

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-05-07

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 7:53 am

Oh man, we are away that weekend in ocean city.
When you decide on a location, maybe we can still swing it.
I totally want to do this.
Maybe we can do one again in the fall if it works out.
We have an RV too so if it is a place to camp, that might work out well also.
Hope to catch up with you soon.
-Jessie
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 8:19 am

just keep in mind my jeep isn't tagged so some of these places I cant go.
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 8:51 am

Hey Joe, where can you go? Since nobody has posted a preference, we should be able to accommodate you and your untagged Jeep.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 11:24 pm

most state lands are out. what about just doing rousch.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 8:19 am

Rausch is always fine with me. However, since Rausch Creek is undergoing major renovations to the camping and parking areas (to be completed by end of June) we may want to stay at a campground nearby. That could add to the fun if we pick a campground with kids activites/pool etc. (Sorry if I'm stirring things up but I'm good at that). If camping with the young kids is a bad idea then tell me so because I'm very flexible. My kids would enjoy staying at rausch with all the construction going on.(mud, dirt, rocks, bugs etc)
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 12:24 pm

If we wheel Rausch Creek we could camp at Camp-a-while in PA off of exit 112. I don't know how they are personally but B4W is holding the OHV event at Rausch this year and using camp a while as their base of everything. they have a stocked pond, a pool, a playground etc.
http://www.campawhilepa.com/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:23 pm

Hank wrote:
I would like to bring my wife. She has never been wheeling before and she thinks that I'm crazy for loving it. This would be great ride for her to come along on and who knows, she might even have fun. driving2

Careful what you wish for I brought my wife to the Spring Chicks Run and that Monday we bought her a 06 Wrangler X and she wants mods. Mine used to think I was crazy too.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:58 pm

I'm down for what ever, lets just throw some dates out and begin to work with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids   JUNE 8-10  - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JUNE 8-10 - Intro to Wheelin' for Kids
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next