Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Axle Swap

Go down 
+4
The Devil Dog
makitupthehardway
rockdw72
mdcj7
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 8:17 pm

Well I though I was done but more work needs to be done. Sad here are some shots of some of the last things.
Axle Swap - Page 3 Axleswap-40

Axle Swap - Page 3 Axleswap-42

Picture of the finish
Axle Swap - Page 3 Axleswap-41

Well test drove it today driving2 I'm not happy with the brakes cannot lock up the tires the jeep stops OK but I want to lock them up if needed. So I going to put in a Toyota brake boster and master cyl. to see if this helps. I also have the death wobble right now I do not have the stearing dampener on the jeep have to make up somthing that I can mount it.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 8:50 pm

What is the height of those shock mounts from eye to eye? And where did you get them? Looks nice.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 9:00 pm

Bill they are a stock ford 3/4 ton truck shock tower I would have to get a mesurement for you. The part number is E5TZ18183A
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:15 pm

Death wobble is gone replace the tires I bought with my tires and it went away. Still will install the Steering stablizer and it streetable again.
lk
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:28 pm

after seeing it in person it looks real good. Can't wait to catch up with you on the trails and watch you give your jeep a good work out.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 12:43 am

Isn't it great to be able to street your jeep again. I took mine out tonight. I can't wait to see your rig out and in action.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:21 am

wow - a lot of work went into that
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:07 pm

Very nice job Paul, you've been pouring in the hours and hopefully your resolts will pay off on thee trials. You've been out for to long. Looks great. The rest of the Jeep needs cleaning just to match the diff you installed,hehehehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 6:36 pm

Not Diff's Axles. 9
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:51 pm

Sweeeeet.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 6:41 pm

I must say know that its all done you did a great job paul. I went back and read thru this post. I was trying to see pictures of longfeilds and how Toyota axles go together. Thanks for the pictures Paul.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 7:48 pm

Nester if want want more I can email you all my pictures of the swap.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 8:46 pm

thanks Paul I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 9:43 am

How much lift are those springs? what size tires are you running? I'm trying to figure out what is going to work with my 79 CJ7 but have no clue what fits and what hits. I've seen the charts but they are not helpful in a practical sense. Right now I have a spring over on bronco axles. springs are new but not sure from what vehicle yet. I don't plan on much articulation since it will primarily be a mud vehicle.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 1:39 pm

Bill I have a BDS 4" lift and 33 with no problems with SOA you should be able to fit 36's with no problem but with full with axle your rear fender should be in the middle of the tire. A good bounce and you will open the fender. RE sell a spring just for SOA on a YJ that can be put on a CJ.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 7:12 pm

mdcj7 wrote:
A good bounce and you will open the fender. RE sell a spring just for SOA on a YJ that can be put on a CJ.

What do you mean "open the fender"? I picture the tire being crammed up into the narrow wheelwell opening in the body. I'm guessing the full width bronco axles are the same width as the 79 Ford F350 D60 axles. if so then they won't stick out too far and body clearance will be an issue.
36" tires is good since that is what I'll run for now. Plan is to run 36" and under modified stock class in mud races until I have the 454/Turbo400/NP205 built and ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Axle Swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axle Swap   Axle Swap - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Axle Swap
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3