Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Do I need brake line extensions?

Go down 
+2
connordanny
chics4jeeps
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Do I need brake line extensions? Empty
PostSubject: Do I need brake line extensions?   Do I need brake line extensions? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 11:34 pm

Getting ready to put 33's on '05 Wrangler. I have a 2" budget boost and 1" body lift. Do I need brake line extenders in general and/or when disconnecting sway bar link??

Veronica
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Do I need brake line extensions?   Do I need brake line extensions? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 11:54 pm

I ran that same set-up without extending the brake lines. I had no problems. :lol:
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Re: Do I need brake line extensions?   Do I need brake line extensions? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 12:34 am

You would be OK for a while, but if you hyper extend they may brake, getting extended lines is a plus, and prevent problem later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Do I need brake line extensions?   Do I need brake line extensions? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 1:48 am

Your fine the BB are set up to work with all the OEM parts. Don't worry about the brake lines stock ones work with jeeps with up to 3 inches of lift. spend the money and time on skids Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
treefrog
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
treefrog

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Do I need brake line extensions?   Do I need brake line extensions? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 8:08 am

If you run a big enough bump stop you will be OK..... maybe. I had the RE 2" BB on mine with the RE bumpstops and my factory front brake lines were too short. When I flexed mine out, they looked like piano wire.
Just remember, all Jeeps are different and what may work on yours, may not work the same way on someone elses.
Put your BB on it and go flex it out. If you need the brake lines, go get a set.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Do I need brake line extensions?   Do I need brake line extensions? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 9:36 am

Hey Mike hows it going up there? when you coming out to play with the crew?

I thought that Rubions and normal TJ's had the same break lines. I remember when John had is rubi his break lines would stretch some. Also Rubicon owners that run with Rich get to see the limits of there rig due to the fact that he loves to Break rubicons. But Mike has a point take Your TJ for a run Vernonica find a spot where you get good flex and have someone check it out for you.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Do I need brake line extensions?   Do I need brake line extensions? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 12:49 pm

With all the lift I have on mine the brake lines were being tweaked at end range. I just unbolted the lines from the frame and carefully rerouted them down the side of the frame rail to give the length I needed. Be careful not to pinch them off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do I need brake line extensions?   Do I need brake line extensions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do I need brake line extensions?
Page 1 of 1