Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

PA Wheeling and Camping

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PA Wheeling and Camping Empty
PostSubject: PA Wheeling and Camping   PA Wheeling and Camping Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 10:52 pm

Well I did a coal region run and it was an interesting weekend! I had a bit of a run in with a fallen birch tree...whoops. It stopped the Jeep dead and smashed my front fender and windshield! I had 2 newbies out and most likely future members! My g/fs brother in law was in a 91 YJ with old man emu lift and 33"s. I was teaching him about low range and the whole going up and down hills thing and he did just what I said not to. He panicked, slammed on the brakes and got sideways. I quote "I've never been so scared in my entire life" LOL poor guy! He later flooded it and vapor locked the engine. I guess the best way to learn is to do it yourself, we've all been there at one point but it's a lot more entertaining when it's not you and your rig! We towed it back to camp and went to walmart in the morning for oil and and air filter and he was back in action.

http://picasaweb.google.com/njf128/MtCarmel_Gordon_Camping
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: PA Wheeling and Camping   PA Wheeling and Camping Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:14 pm

Well looks like you guys had fun. I am all for having fun, showing people the how to, and all however, I am not into the drinking and drivbing on the trails with beer. It's ok to drink beer after the trails but mixing both together send a wrong message, and one I don't like to promote.

You would have plenty of damages without the boose. Sorry don't want to be a party pooper, but we do have a code of conduct to uphold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: PA Wheeling and Camping   PA Wheeling and Camping Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:38 pm

There was no drinking and driving - my passenger was drinking as well as the others. If you look closely in the one pic of me on the rocks, and I mean zoom and all, you might make out the Heineken I have in my hand. This was a minute from our campsite after camp was set and my first beer which does not impair my judgement.

The smashed windshield was not a drunken episode, I should have given more detail. I was making a turn and it looked like just a little scrub and light branches off a birch tree so I went to drive through and to my surprise there was a fallen birch laying horizontally and smashed my glass. My ass stays out of the driver seat of my rig after boozing...trust me a broken windshield would be the least of my worries. I should have taken pictures of all the trash we cleaned out of the place and the campsite (8 bags)! It's a shame what happened with that place and I'd actually like to get a group together sometime to clean it up. There was even a mini van driven up there and surrounded my a monster pile of trash. Unfortunatley the locals reak havok on the place all summer long...especially the forth of july.

To reiterate, I was not promoting drinking on the trails and I would not do that. or anything else to tarnage our image I protect our sport in any way i can and made sure to pass that message on to the others with me...especially not littering and picking up any trash you might see on the trail! My appologies for the confusion and the appearance of the pictures. If you would like me to remove the link I would be happy to do so. 7
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: PA Wheeling and Camping   PA Wheeling and Camping Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:52 pm

You don't have to revome them but screen them and take out the ones that would give the wrong impression. I know you to be true, your explanation is well read and I appreciate your quick reply and correction of what could be interpited otherwise, thanks. Any time you wanna recruit a clean up crew and get some wheeling in, just poste it, I am sure there will be enough to do the job.

Yes, it is a shame that it is almost always the local offroaders that trash the ir areas of play, then they see you going out and think you did the trashing. Thank you for cleaning up the area for someone else to enjoy. Remeber, it's' what they preceive. Preception is everything, then the facts are after.

Thank you for the clearifications.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PA Wheeling and Camping   PA Wheeling and Camping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PA Wheeling and Camping
Page 1 of 1