Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Where's the comp pic's????????????

Go down 
+10
Rockn93YJ
mdcj7
md4wheelin
thinga'ma'rig
The Devil Dog
rockdw72
S h a n e
makitupthehardway
Locked_N_Loaded
UPNOVER
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Where's the comp pic's???????????? Empty
PostSubject: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:48 pm

Come on Tico... Where's the pic's.. I saw a shot over on the creepers of you and Chris on the hill.. Where's the red rubi???
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 9:56 pm

There was some action!! Good footage and pictures are on the way. I'll give you a hint...Joe's ZJ needs a new front windshield...
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 10:18 pm

Locked_N_Loaded wrote:
There was some action!! Good footage and pictures are on the way. I'll give you a hint...Joe's ZJ needs a new front windshield...

Oh yeah and a BFH 9 Today completely kicked ass. I had a blast spotting for Bill. His boys will be happy to know that there dad didn't roll his jeep. Tough luck in the end but still had a blast. Somthing about hanging out with your friends on the comp course all day with cool rigs and something always going on. I loved it. can't wait to do it again.
Back to top Go down
S h a n e
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
S h a n e

Male
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 11:10 pm

http://www.slackeroffroad.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=114&page=1
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 11:30 pm

Locked_N_Loaded wrote:

No body damage just windshield???

I got to see this one...

body flex????

Dam... I always miss the good stuff...
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:18 am

Well there might have been a LITTLE bit of body damage lol! Idea

I agree thought Nester...it was awesome minus the cold. It was cool to learn the rules and the techniques for comp too.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: re   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:42 am

I see Chris came in 3rd in class 2.. mbn
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 2:49 am

It was a kick ass day. To bad next year wont be the same.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: OK, Here are my pictres   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 4:18 am

Man do I have you guys spoiled-here are the pictures for the day, I will work on the videography later.
http://photoshow.comcast.net/viewshow/js3AZ4EN

Enjoy.

Chris and I placed 3rdon the Class 3, then on the shootout we were tied wwith team 111 and to seperate us into 2nd and third they used the time factor we ended up in 3rd due to a 11 second diference, damn. But we did work well together and had a great time too. Thanks to the members present for thier support and specially the 4 teams competing, it showed our club has very good contenders and I think next year we will have more teams on the course. Great job of spotting by Matt Moore, Eric Nester, Nick Fisher as well as the drivers for thier sportsmanship; Greg knoll, Bill Gilbert, Joe Fernaks.

Carnage: Joe-flip the Grand Cherokee, Bill's locker gave out on the last 10 second of the course, Chris-lost a portion of his Bushwacker fender and grind the front drive shaft. Incredible performance by all, I am very proud of what we all achived.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 10:24 am

NICE PHOTO SHOW TICO, I AM SORRY I COULD NOT COME TO WATCH THE ACTION AND SEE JOE ROLL HIS GRAND CHEROKEE IN PERSON 9 LOOKS LIKE HE MIGHT MAKE IT A CONVERTIBLE NOW lol!
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:38 pm

Awesome job guys....
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 2:32 pm

well After getting all the oil out of the air box and putting about 2 qts in the motor I turned the key and it fired right up and ran smooth with no smoke 9

well heres the damage
Where's the comp pic's???????????? PB110328
Where's the comp pic's???????????? PB110329
Where's the comp pic's???????????? PB110330
Where's the comp pic's???????????? PB110331
Where's the comp pic's???????????? PB110332
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:03 pm

Joe is this the start of a Grand Buggy lol! good thing you made those tube doors the old doors won't fix anymore.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 6:46 pm

It was a blast, a little too cold but once we got running it heated up real quick. Thanks Nester, you ROCK! Spotter means everything during the comps, all I do is drive. 2 cent o ring plugged the airway of the rear ARB and got "temporarily detained" at a spot that shouldn't have been an issue. Had we made the last 10' we would have made 7th place, not bad considering what we were competing against. Instead we were like 14th out of 25 competitors. I don't think I would compete against the buggies in the unlimited class again but if they created a super modified class then I'm in. Thanks again for spotting Eric I do appreciate it. BTW I still have your helmet.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 8:05 pm

Bill thank you. I had a blast I will get the helmet later. Yeah if they make a a super modified or unlimited modified class for the full body rigs I would love to spot again. Joe I want to be there if you cut the top off. I will buy the beer king . Anyway guys it was a blast I think I'm hooked. This weekend will change the direction for the buggy.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 8:10 pm

Is the grand that bad.. Pic's are sometimes deceiving and I really couldnt tell if the pillars are that bad..

Thats sucks if so...

I have a full internal cage but if it goes on its lid then its done also.. Its got me thinking about a simple exo cage with just a couple loops over the top and at the bottom of the windshield.. I hate to add even more weight to the mammoth..
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Quote :
well After getting all the oil out of the air box and putting about 2 qts in the motor I turned the key and it fired right up and ran smooth with no smoke 9

Dammit we should have got that puppy running and went back at it.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

PostSubject: Joe's Roll   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 2:15 am

Where's the comp pic's???????????? Th_JoesRoll-overatRauschCreek
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 9:53 am

Makes for a great video Mr 919!9
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 10:38 am

I was judging that course where he rolled. We had a rubicon roll two people before him. Joe took it like a man, and his last words before going down the hill were, "Nick should we stop? I am NOT rolling for this compition!" That was when Nick was on the spotter rope in the off camber turn at the begining of the Vid.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 11:24 am

That just straight out sucks... Made it through the hard stuff and have that happen....
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 12:03 pm

From my untrained eye it looked like he had a better chance of rolling at the start of vid but made it. It looked like he was lined up good, ties straight but then back drivers tire bumped up? What caused it to roll, was he off camber on passanger side and the hump was the catalyst?
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 12:41 pm

We had a hard time of keeping her on the ground trying to swing the turn into the 2nd gate. The turning radius and top heaviness made for a difficult time and before the strap was on there were a few of those dead silent nobody move situations. We took an extra backup to play it safe which was when joe said he didn't wanna roll in this comp it wasn't worth it. The thing that sucked though was the backups weren't even doing us much good because it kept sliding off the line we needed and picking up the back end. My body still hurts from holding that thing from going over - and yes matt it was a bummer to make it through the hard stuff to go over there.

Once he got to the top part of the hill he looked lined up perfectly and we were getting down to about the 2-3 minute mark so I said straight on down and lined up for the descent (NOT LEFT). Anyway there was a hump on the driver side coming down that put you off camber and the only way over it was slow...very slow...but better yet avoid it since it was the wrong line. Looking back on it I should have said stay passenger and avoid the hump on driver but like I said he was lined up perfectly where he was sitting and once he got moving down hill it was too late. That green land rover went over the same spot (bad line) but stayed rubber side down with some smooth creeping. Anyway, the most important thing is that Joe didn't get hurt which I was a little worried about with the roof coming down. I'll have a lifelong memory of Joe upside down telling me he was stuck. lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 2:39 pm

From where I was standing he looked pretty well lined up too. Just one of those things that happen. Just sucked that it happened to Joe. The other roll you could see coming. I don't think that Nick or Joe did anything wrong in the situation. they were having a pretty good run until that point. Assuming they did not hit any cones on the last gate they would have had a great score, below some of the others on that one.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 6:57 pm

He started to turn the wheel to get to the next gate and when he hit the bump and went off camber he hit the brakes and the sent him over. I saw it happen from the other angle and now watching the vid I can see what happen. another funny part about it is the next gate was the hardest, where everyone thought they were going to roll and like chris said someone else did.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where's the comp pic's????????????   Where's the comp pic's???????????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where's the comp pic's????????????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next