Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT

Go down 
+10
Twisted Willys
magnadyne
connordanny
Kim Matzen
thinga'ma'rig
Rockn93YJ
makitupthehardway
rockdw72
Canepole
md4wheelin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:10 am

Well im gonna end up calling a couple of you guys then to figure all the plans out since i haven't been keeping up on here. I hurt my back really bad and I'm still to the point of being unsure if I can even make it. I think i may end up running easy trails and just enjoy seeing everybody and camping and having a good time. I'm cursed for big dogs...last event was the sprained/broken ankle 3 days before and now it's whatever the hell is up with my back - hopefully the chiro will straighten me out tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:10 am

Sorry to hear about your back Nick. See if you can get a home TENS unit, it may help after the trail ride.
For breakfast Sunday morning I will be preparing breakfast burritos. I can fry up sausage, scrambled eggs, use some onions and peppers left over from dinner. Also will have available salsa, grated cheese and sour cream. Any objections? Any other recommendations?
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:45 pm

A what?!

I'll pitch in to help with breakfast too bill. i'm gonna get the griddle for my grill and do some pancakes!!! They make those ready mix containers you just add water to so it won't be hard.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:16 pm

Hey bill that sounds real good. Also I wasn't planning on using peppers for the steaks but I could pick some up if needed. From dinner I should have potatoes, onions, and mushrooms left over.

also nick you better make it, I don't care if you show up in a wheelchair as long as your down for some beer drinking. king
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:08 pm

Hey Nick - Bill is bringing his welder incase your back goes out and need to get it fused togeather!

I'm relatively new to the camping thing - how do you keep food cold from Friday until Sunday? Do you just keep buying ice for the coolers? I'm worried about having warm beer for Saturday night!! I can't remember if they have Ice at the house where you check in. Isn't the closest store pretty far away?

I can bring cookout stuff for Friday night (burgers/brats etc) to cookout when we get to camp. I wont know until tomorrow if I get out of work at 3 pm or 5:30. Can't wait to escape the cube! jkfg
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Im not new to the camping and beer thing!

Beer - separate cooler than food so it doesnt get un-neccasarily exposed to air. ice - will last usually a day maybe two. But walmart by Arundel Mills had dry ice! I like to have a cooler that will hold about 12 packed with ice then a case on the side - as I take one out i put one in. I also will keep the cold water in rather than drain since to quickly cool champagne they use ice and water. That way I dont have to keep 2 days worth of beer cold just the start of the day cold.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:22 pm

I have a half barrel sized plastic containter that I will be filling with ice in addition to the cooler. Something to throw beer in for the evening without having to open and close the cooler a lot. THere will be room for whatever anyone wants to put in there. I recommend buying ice before you get there as it will be in high demand. Joe, Peppers arent necessary. Potatoes that are left over can be fried up into tater cakes.
Back to top Go down
magnadyne
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
magnadyne

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:25 pm

I picked up some sausage for breakfast.
I am new to the whole camping thing too, but I figured I would try to help some how.
Let me know if there is anything else needed!
Back to top Go down
https://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/magnadyne/
Twisted Willys
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Twisted Willys

Male
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:23 pm

I got a bunch of firewood for the pile, loads of paper/plastic ware, napkins, some cheese and meat to snak on, chainsaw and some other crap. I'm leaving work early enough to be there around 3:30 so I'll see ya when you get there. If anything else is needed let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/DLLME
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:52 pm

Cool. We will all be gathering at camp 6. I'm leaving around 6 and will be there about 7:30 or earlier driving2
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 7:13 am

Hey Joe,

I'm meeting Greg at the apartment in Cockeysville at 5pm today. I'll give you a call to see if you are on the road yet by then.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 4:12 pm

what a blast...man I'm tired.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 7:59 pm

you are still tired from ice breaker. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT   BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BIG DOGS ICE BREAKER EVENT
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4