Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

RCrocs weekend post event discussion

Go down 
+7
The Devil Dog
Grason
FallstonYJ
lloyder05
jealos-z
rockdw72
Rockn93YJ
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

RCrocs weekend post event discussion Empty
PostSubject: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 7:54 pm

Ok so we are home early and must be the first ones since I am starting this post. Here is a pop quiz. Can anyone identify this part?
RCrocs weekend post event discussion HPIM1604

.yep them be teeth from a Currie 9" rear.
RCrocs weekend post event discussion HPIM1602

Pit crew was pretty quick with this one.

RCrocs weekend post event discussion HPIM1599
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:18 pm

That sucks. I guess you stole all the bad luck from us. There was a lot of breakage. I heard of a couple people that blew there engines, but nobody totaled their rig, this year. Not sure if you were still there when they posted the ranking but you got 15th. Chris ended up with 2nd in class 2 and Greg got 3rd in class two. Its pretty good that we got 2 teams in the top 3.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:52 pm

thats sweet, I got to see some of the runs and looked like they were doing well. I was purely outclassed. I think I'm done with that. Now if only they start a rock racing circuit, then I'm in again but this time with the CJ. Nice job guys.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 9:12 pm

Was a good day way to go Chris and Greg and there spotters Matt sure was thrown rocks 9
Back to top Go down
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Sorry to hear about your pinion Bill....and congrats to Greg...it was a pretty good day for him...along with a third place finish I heard his wife came home from the hospital today with the new born!!

It was a great day all together

I have to give props to my spotter Joe Milano....he did all our hard work...
and to Monster S10 Chris from SPP 4x4 for building the cage for me in time (what a great job he did)... and to Matt Elick and his family for driving me and my rig around all weekend.

I'll get the pics up soon.
Back to top Go down
FallstonYJ
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
FallstonYJ

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Congrats!!   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:08 am

Way to go Chris, wish we could have been there!
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:15 pm

bill, dont feel so bad, my team broke a front yoke on b2 and then for b3 tumbled of the 3 foot ledge and locked up the engine.

my buddy skyler took 1st in class 2.

congrats matt and your team.
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:18 pm

heres the video of the roll....

http://www.davenjeip.net/rcrocs/rcrocs51.MOV
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:34 pm

what a cool video, tough break. I'm sure you saw the YJ in class 3 with the military axles. He got himself in quite a jam on course D1. looked like front axle was hooked over the end of the last bolder and the rear was hooked over the back of the last bolder. Couldn't go forward and couldn't go backwards and also had severely bent rear lower control arm on the passenger side. He had to winch off.
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:41 pm

Rockn93YJ wrote:
what a cool video, tough break. I'm sure you saw the YJ in class 3 with the military axles. He got himself in quite a jam on course D1. looked like front axle was hooked over the end of the last bolder and the rear was hooked over the back of the last bolder. Couldn't go forward and couldn't go backwards and also had severely bent rear lower control arm on the passenger side. He had to winch off.

that yj was parked next to us, that thing scared me with the stock cage. and it was gay because it had rockwells and 38's with like 20" of lift. that to me is just stupid.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 3:28 pm

I just heard about the success and disapointments experianced at the RC Rocks this Saturday. First, I am sorry to hear about your situation Bill. I know you've worked hard to ready for this and the last thing you needed was to break your pinion. Seriously, don't you know how to wheel with out breaking, you are starting to sound like me, hehehehehe. By the way I like that pit crew man she is working hard isn't she?

As to Chris I called him earlier to say congratulations for your success, 9 you've done well grass hopper!, by next year you or Greg might be in first place. Greg, fantastic placement 9 . I am very proud of all who competed and spotted for the guys. Likewise to the supporting team too. Unfortunately you all know my situation. But I WILL be there for the June event, you can bank on that, even is I have to quit my job to do so. Well that might be a little drastic......

You all have raised the bar one more time for the club. Thank you! I do however, expect some serious pictures on this post....pleeeeeaaasesee. See you guys at the Chili's night this tuesday night!....it's to support the ADA fundraiser event of September 27 & 28th.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
el_flasko
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
el_flasko

Male
Number of posts : 53
Emploi : Resident Mortgage Guy
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:18 am

Congrats to everyone, looks like a good time was had by all. 9
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:28 am

I was judging B2 and Chris and Greg were two of the few that completed that course. Had a blast up there and Grateful Red was looking GREAT with the new cage.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:48 am

congrats to everybody who ran, I'm happy I wasn't their because I'm enjoying the whole straight roof thing on my jeep.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:39 am

Grason wrote:
bill, dont feel so bad, my team broke a front yoke on b2 and then for b3 tumbled of the 3 foot ledge and locked up the engine.

my buddy skyler took 1st in class 2.

congrats matt and your team.
Hey what club is he with? if any.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:13 pm

creepers. they had a pretty good showing and they did really well. I think a really cool part of the day was BSing with all the people from other clubs.
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:55 pm

rockdw72 wrote:
creepers. they had a pretty good showing and they did really well. I think a really cool part of the day was BSing with all the people from other clubs.

and the shit talking dhhfsdhfjsddsf Razz appy birthday
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Where are the pictures?   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:19 pm

Hey out of the poeple there, one question: Where are the pics guys? thatnis the essence of this site. If you can down load send them to me, I can down load them in a heart beat! edffwfas
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:16 pm

rc web site
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:22 pm

rockdw72 wrote:
rc web site

dam.. you are quick.. i was just about to post the link

http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,2129.0.html

I guess its ok to post the link.. she just didnt want her watermark removed..
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:24 pm

rockdw72 wrote:
rc web site

the one with Greg's final climb and the "spotter" jumping off the cliff is cool................9
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:32 pm

yeah, that one is sweeet
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:42 pm

we win cheers
RCrocs weekend post event discussion Rc
asdyuysigidfdjbisd

just kidding
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:43 pm

I thought there was a step there jjjjjjjjjjj
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:50 pm

Nice cage Chris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RCrocs weekend post event discussion   RCrocs weekend post event discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RCrocs weekend post event discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next