Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
92westshady
Open/Open
Open/Open

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-08-06

For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit Empty
PostSubject: For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit   For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:40 am

For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit, $350 OBO plus shipping.

I have for sale a complete rear disk brake conversion kit for Cherokees with 8.25 rear axles. This conversion can be used on most Cherokee axles but the axle bearings and seals included in this kit are for the Chrysler 8.25 axle. This kit utilizes ’96 ZJ Grand Cherokee parts and includes everything but some brake fluid and gear oil that you need to convert your XJ’s rear drum brakes to disc brakes. I purchased all of the parts included in this kit over this past winter with the intention of doing this conversion on my 2000 Cherokee this spring or summer but I have since purchased another project and this conversion has been put on the back burner.

Here is a list of all the parts included in this sale (See Also the Pictures Below):
- ZJ Rear Brake Calipers (2)
- ZJ Backing Plates (2)
- ZJ Caliper Soft Lines (2)
- ZJ Proportioning Valve (1)
- Brake Rotors (2) NEW!
- Rear Wagner Thermo Quiet Brake Pads (1 Set) NEW!
- Parking Brake Shoes (1 Set) NEW!
- Parking Brake Hardware Kit (1) NEW!
- Caliper Banjo Bolts and Washers (2) NEW!
- Caliper Mounting Bolts and Slides (2 Sets) NEW!
- Speed Bleeders (1 Pair) NEW!
- 8.25 Axle Bearings (2) NEW!
- 8.25 Axle Seals (2) NEW!

NOTE: All parts in this kit except for the Calipers, Backing Plates, Soft Lines and Proportioning Valve are Brand New. Also, the only truly axle specific parts of this kit are the seals and bearings, all other parts could be used and modified accordingly to work with both Dana 44 and 35 axles. The new seals and bearings aren’t even a necessary component for this conversion but a bonus because you need to pull your axle shafts to replace the backing plates, and it only makes good sense to replace the bearings and seals while you are at it.

I feel this is a complete kit and unique compared to other offerings because it truly includes everything, but the brake fluid and gear oil, that you need to make this conversion work, including the ZJ proportioning valve to ensure proper brake force distribution front and rear. In fact, on the 8.25 axle besides a minor grinding modification to the backing plates to make the center holes slightly larger and a tweak to the parking brake cable, this kit is pretty much bolt-on.

If you aren’t already aware of this disc brake conversion or what it takes to perform it check out the links below.

http://www.geocities.com/dcpaschal/mitch.html
http://home.swbell.net/rriojas3/reardisk.html
http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/BAzjRearDiscsOnXJ/ZJrearDiscsOnXJ.htm
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoRearDiscs1.htm

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
I spent well over $400 and several months seeking out all the parts for this conversion.
I am asking $350 OBO plus shipping.

If you are interested please PM with your zip code so I can provide you a shipping quote. I am in Newark, DE, if by chance you are local you are welcome to come pick up the parts and pay cash, otherwise I can accept PayPal or money order.

Thanks for Looking! – Steve

Disc Brake Conversion Kit
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1257

Rotors
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1258

Wagner Thermo Quiet Brake Pads
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1259
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1260

Parking Brake Shoes
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1261

Brake Calipers
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1262

Caliper Soft Lines
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1263

Backing Plates
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1264

Proportioning Valve
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1265

Banjo Bolts and Parking Brake Hardware
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1266

8.25 Axle Seals
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1267

8.25 Axle Bearings
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1268

Speed Bleeders
For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit IMG_1271
Back to top Go down
92westshady
Open/Open
Open/Open

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-08-06

For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit   For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 2:00 pm

This conversion now on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__Jeep-XJ-Cherokee-Rear-Disc-Brake-Conversion-ZJ-Grand_W0QQitemZ250265258190QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250265258190&_trksid=p3756.m14.l1318
Back to top Go down

For Sale: Complete XJ Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit
Page 1 of 1