Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Helmets? Thoughts?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Helmets? Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Helmets? Thoughts?   Helmets? Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:31 pm

What are your thoughts on helmets on trail rides? Tina and I had spoken about this before and I never followed thru..

Last week when we were wheeling I hit my head good on the darn cb when we were running towards Pitman rock. Nothing major just hit a rock the wrong way the jeep went one way and my head the other right into the cb.

I have noticed alot of the creepers are wearing them on trail rides and not just comp..

We have seen a few deaths the past two years thru pirate with guys hitting their heads on their roll bars doing nothing major and end up dieing.

I think I am going to go purchase 4 skateboarding helmets prior to my next run.. They are like $30.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Helmets? Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets? Thoughts?   Helmets? Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:10 am

This truly is a good idea. I have to clarify the deaths for you though. The recent instances were people not wearing a seatbelt resulting in ejection from the vehicle. For those that do the crazy stuff it really isn't a bad idea to wear a helmet. Its very easy to see how someone can roll and strike their head on a rock from the unprotected window opening. For passengers it is a great idea. I usually have family get out for the tough areas, or questionable routes. Definitely should NOT be made mandatory in no way shape or form.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

Helmets? Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets? Thoughts?   Helmets? Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:53 am

I too make them get out on harder obstacles but who knows what can happen at any time.. I dont think i will make them wear them all the time but when we are running blacks I think I will..

Whats another 120 dollars at this point..

There have been a few on pirate with head injuries due to hiting the roll bar.. He was in fact doing donuts but he did hit his head and was not ejected..
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

Helmets? Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets? Thoughts?   Helmets? Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:56 am

This is a very good point; safety is of the outmost concern, thank you for bringing this subject up. And as Bill indicated, it should be a volunteered option, after all members are responsible for their rigs and occupants, not the club. I was concern about hearing of those deaths. I had no idea. Matt, this will be shared with the association too, because I am sure that it would be of interest there too. Thanks again,
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Helmets? Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets? Thoughts?   Helmets? Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:39 pm

Helmets are personal opinion. True you can hit your head on many items in the jeep or any rig. Its just another issue that needs to be covered with everyone. Like many others I try to set up my rigs with safety in mind. Not having a ton of stuff in the jeep that is not tied or bolted down. Low hanging items like speakers and radios. I used to have a low hanging speaker boxes in the jeep till I hit a bump on the road one day and took them out. For those that run reds blacks and play in the comp course should at least at least have a cage and seats with the right restraints. The large reason I have been limiting my wheeling is due to my lack of cage and the increase of running harder trails since I have finished with the axle swaps and the gears in the wrangler. This will continue till I have the time and money to invest in my cages for the Toyota and Wrangler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Helmets? Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets? Thoughts?   Helmets? Thoughts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helmets? Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1