Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig

Go down 
+5
thinga'ma'rig
jealos-z
md4wheelin
Grason
S h a n e
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
S h a n e
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
S h a n e

Male
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-11-02

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig   havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Locked_N_Loaded wrote:
Shane, how did you make out on that bad idea hill climb and did you run the whole trail? I'm looking forward to a return trip to that trail when it's not cold and pouring down rain.

ive tried 3 or so times and have yet to make it. last two times it was wet and or snow on the ground. Honestly, the one time i could have made it ( I think ) but it felt bad and it seemed like my front end was raising up in the air but after walking it out i saw it was the last rock at the top my front was climbing.

Funny thing is thats just the beginning, to get out you have to climb a hill while rock climbing and said hill is at a 45 degree angle so you will be driving on your side to get up and out. Im making it this year. Only 3 people i have seen do it, otter and eric when it first opened the trail, and the dude with the power wagon with the extendable frame but even he rolled his rig on it. However he got it rolled back over and walked it on his 2nd try. its a bish.

this weather is pissing me off. I do all my work in the driveway and its supposed to get cold and rainy for the rest of the week :| Just had the 1410 put together on the 14bolt and now its dark so ill have to wait till tommorow to put that in and the rig should be movable again. So waiting on my front shaft to come in next week and ill be trail worthy again just need to finish up a few things. Need to make a bracket up for the tcase and install exhaust on the passenger side and add lights and remount my radiator and fan and im golden Smile
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig   havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:55 pm

sounds like fun driving2 do you have any videos of that trail? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S h a n e
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
S h a n e

Male

PostSubject: Re: havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig   havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:31 pm

thinga'ma'rig wrote:
sounds like fun driving2 do you have any videos of that trail? Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gFXx6d_6WM horribile quality

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54195931
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig   havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:17 pm

We all winched into bad idea, rob bashed his transfer case into 3 pieces on the drop down into the tame section of the trail. If the "said hill" is what I'm thinking that's where i stood up in the air pretty good and ended up winching because it was so damn wet. We're all looking forward to a dry run on it but it hasn't lined up for us yet.

Don't know if you watched the MARR video yet but click the link on the top of the forum under the rausch stuff. There's a sweet clip of when rob is dropping in the first time it was run where he nearly flopped. I think it's like 3/4 through the vid
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig   havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:25 pm

http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9f7cb39f1d0ab096e231b66b812138c6&topic=2953.0

end over end on the spot where rob almost flopped...i'm confused scratch
Back to top Go down
S h a n e
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
S h a n e

Male

PostSubject: Re: havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig   havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:32 pm

rear got light and the weight turned the wheels driver and it hooked and rolled it looks like. i have enough wheel base and clearence i can just drive off that side.
Back to top Go down
S h a n e
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
S h a n e

Male

PostSubject: Re: havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig   havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:35 pm

No more hanging up on the skid :lol:

started with this lol. Go go lake christy. this is why you dont do burn outs in the middle of the lake.

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture019

Had to cut the floor out to get it to fit.

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture001

cleaned up the floor and painted while i was at it

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture008
havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture240
havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture110
havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture003

as you can tell, once the seats were in, its apparent that this was for a fullsize rig, stupid shifters :flame: oh well going to cut them off and re-angle them

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture004

Had AOI shorten the High angle shaft for me and upgrade the 14b to a 1410

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture207

honestly, i dont know if this was a good idea but i ran the breathers from the murder hole and they come up under the seat bar and i tie wrapped it there and they dump at the shifter, any suggestions?

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture009

Just an fyi, when cutting exhaust with a grinder, be careful. I almost set me, my rig and eric_N up in flame when i cut the fuel lines and molton hot magma came raining down on my parade

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture028

and now, the clearence Smile

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture212
havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture192
havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture098

Also, rebuilt my 60 shaft joints, repacked the bearings, painted the entire rig

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Picture063

still have some things to finish up before bigdogs, need to remount my radiator, broke that trying to climb straight up a wall and failing horribly. replace the fan that broke when the radiator went into the pully's and weld up 2 pieces of tube to attempt to save my frame for 1 more year.
Back to top Go down
S h a n e
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
S h a n e

Male

PostSubject: Re: havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig   havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:28 pm

my path to big dogs is yet filled with more grief lol. Pulled the busted electric fan off the radiator and oh look at that, its got a hole in it :| My core support is broke in 4 places and the front clip is shifted by a few inchs haha.

so i trimed some metal, and placed a dual fan setup out of a taurus sho from crazy rays in front of the radiator and im going to the steel place to get some angle and some plate to reinforce the front clip.

looks like shit but meh it will look fine when i paint and put the grill back on

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Fans

So tommorow i go and order another radiator, install that this week. OH good news, front shaft came in so i have tom woods front and rear shafts now. They are beefy as shit. So yea, i am tired of working on this truck now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig   havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

havnt posted here in a long time, update on the rig
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2