Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

update on PAP

Go down 
+3
makitupthehardway
Rockn93YJ
mdcj7
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 10:58 pm

http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/16550431.htm
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 11:10 am

http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/16577632.htm

This is an upday as of Tuesday about the hearing. the judge called in sick monday and they have a new judge for tomorrows hearing.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 12:12 pm

This is really starting to bring me down. I hope that they can keep paragon open. This censored sucks. :evil:
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 8:53 pm

HAZLETON – The company suing the owner of an off-road vehicle park in Hazle Township wants to construct a multi-million dollar cargo airport on the park’s leased land and adjacent land extending into Schuylkill and Carbon counties, a source just confirmed.

Gladstone Partners L.P. – the company suing the owner of Paragon Adventure Park – invited local, state, county and federal officials to a “major announcement” at 1 p.m. Wednesday at First Quality Nonwovens in Humboldt Industrial Park.

A source in state government familiar with the project said the announcement will detail plans for a proposed air cargo facility near Humboldt Industrial Park that could create about 5,000 directly-related jobs and more than $100 million in investments.

It could also lead to another 100,000 jobs created by businesses that would want to locate near the airport, the source said.

Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce President Donna Palermo said Gladstone sent her an invitation to Wednesday’s announcement.

Palermo said she has “an inkling” of what will be announced, but knows nothing definite. She said it wouldn’t surprise her if the announcement was for a cargo airport.

Former Hazleton Mayor Michael Marsicano first proposed a plan to construct a cargo airport on the land in 1996, and U.S. Rep. Paul E. Kanjorski has backed the idea since 1999. Kanjorski helped secure a federal grant to pay for a feasibility study of the proposed Tri-County Airport about three years ago.

Neither Kanjorski nor Moran immediately returned calls seeking comment.

Questioned about a connection to Gladstone Partners last week at a school dedication ceremony, Marsicano smiled and replied, “No comment. Ask me next week.” He has a non-published phone number and could not be reached today.

One of the only things standing in the way of the project is a 25-year lease that Overland Enterprises – the owner of Paragon Adventure Park – has with landowner PCA Corp, headed by Philip Seltzer. Seltzer also heads Butler Enterprises, a firm that owns large parcels of land in the Hazleton area.

While the park occupies about 4,300 acres of land in Luzerne and Schuylkill counties, court documents show that Gladstone wants to purchase about 2,500 acres of the land from PCA Corp. at $9,000 per acre.

Gladstone and PCA are suing Overland and its president – Kyle Knosp – for breach of lease and want Overland evicted.

Knosp said last week he is being bullied into giving up the lease so the landowner can make a huge profit on a land sale.

Attorney Jill Moran, representing Gladstone, said Knosp failed to make rent payments and to provided financial and insurance information to Seltzer as provided for in the lease. She said Overland also damaged the land by cutting tress and paths and digging ditches.

Knosp denies he breached the lease and is fighting the eviction in court. A hearing on his appeal is scheduled for Wednesday in Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas.

Moran, who is also Luzerne County’s prothonotary, would not identify her Gladstone clients by name.

The state Department of State has paperwork filed by Gladstone that lists a business address of 10 Fox Run Road in Butler Township – the same address as the Powell Law Group, where Moran is a partner.

A secretary at the Powell Law Group told a reporter that Robert Powell – a former county solicitor with political ties and business partners with Moran – has a “personal” involvement with Gladstone. Powell was also solicitor for the city of Hazleton during Marsicano’s tenure in office.

Scores of off-highway vehicle owners are upset that the East Coast’s premiere OHV park might close if Gladstone’s lawsuit is successful.

The airport plan could also see opposition from area environmentalists, who previously voiced dissent when the plan was first proposed in the 1990s. Residents living near the site at Eagle Rock Resort – an upscale, gated community – also spoke out, worried that traffic and airplane noise would ruin the tranquil lifestyle they enjoy there.

Check www.timesleader.com for updates on this story as they become available throughout the day. Look in Wednesday’s Times Leader for a complete story.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 10:08 pm

From Kyle and Steph:

Sorry we didn't get to you sooner. It's been a long day and we just got home (and off the phone) from doing many interviews with the news media. This is a very emotional time and we have a lot of personal feelings that we would love to express, but at this point, we choose to take the high road and maintain professionalism. As some of you may have already heard, the verdict was issued today in favor of Gladstone Associates. We apologize, but at this time, we are very limited in what we can say. But at this point, we fully anticipate fighting this vigorously and through all avenues possible. We appreciate the support of our off-road community and again, please keep contacting editors and people from news stations, not only local level, but state and national level. Please remember that it is important for us to remain professional, well spoken and portray the most positive image that we can for our sport and industry and the events that are happening presently. As more details arise and as we are permitted to divulge more information on the situation and personal commentary, we will do so.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:11 am

We need to let state Rep. Todd Eachus know that we are not "a very small, marginal issue...small ATV and recreational park". We also need to let him know that family businesses are the back bone and that if we are just treated fairly, this can be resolved. No one is trying to resolve this...just kick the little man to the ground.

teachus@pahouse.net

Times Leader, February 1...'At a press conference on the cargo airport earlier Wednesday, state Rep. Todd Eachus, D-Butler Township, stated Gladstone had gained “control of the property” needed for the project.

Asked about Paragon, Eachus said the lease dispute is “a very small, marginal issue compared to the scope and the size” of the airport project. He said a “small ATV and recreational park” is not the focus of his concerns, given the “future-altering” potential of the airport project.

“Are we going to let some ATV advocates hold up the biggest economic development project in Northeastern Pennsylvania? I hope not. … I’m hoping at the end of the day, there’s a way to resolve this,” Eachus said.'

teachus@pahouse.net

Hon. Todd A. Eachus
100 West Broad St.
Suite #107
Hazleton, PA 18201
(570) 450-7905
Fax: (570) 459-3946

Hon. Todd A. Eachus
120 Main Capitol Building
PO Box 202116
Harrisburg, PA 17120-2116
(717) 787-2229
Fax: (717) 772-9991
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:11 am

From PAP:

The monthly ride will still be held. The cost for driver will be $5. The cost for passengers will be $5. We hope to see you there! ATV/Motorbikes, your admission will be $5 as well!
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:13 am

"At a hearing in Luzerne County Court Wednesday afternoon, a judge decided that Paragon violated its lease of the land. He ordered Paragon to be off the property by Monday. Knosp tells Newswatch 16 that he will comply with the judge's order, but plans to appeal."
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:14 am

Yes, the current verdict is that we are to leave by the end of the day on Monday. But this does not determine the fate of our park. Just because you lose the battle doesn't mean you lose the war. From my understanding, we will have an attorney at the court house today filing the necessary paperwork to suspend this issue in whatever fashion possible/necessary. Please do not give up hope. We are still in the war. In times like this it becomes more important that we stick to our plans. Please keep contact media and State officials. See the newest post. We need them to understand that our industry is not to be overlooked or swept under the rug. The ride will be on for both days. We are still there until Monday!
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 3:55 pm

Given this new sucky information, is anyone planning on going this weekend to get one more ride in since our monthly ride obviously we be moved to Rausch?
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Ok I am in for saturday. There will be a raffle at the staging area as well.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 10:21 pm

i'll be there on sat
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:15 pm

I WILL BE THERE ON SUNDAY TO SUPPORT PARAGON ON THERE LAST DAY OPEN sdfsdgsdg AT AROUND 8:30 AM (WILL ANYONE BE AT TOMS GAS STATION AT 6:15 TO 6:30 AM SUNDAY MORNING)
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:44 pm

I might try to convince Casey to stay for sunday as well. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:45 pm

I'll do both days & pray that I don't really tear anything up on Saturday. rabbit
Back to top Go down
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:47 pm

Okay see what happens while im sleeping.......i wake to find out that PAP is closed after the 4th. I dont care how much redbull it takes...... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil i will fix my shit tomorrow after work and get off early from friday nights work to be at the gon.
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 1:33 am

Joe - you want to meet at Tom's?
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 10:03 am

sounds like a good Idea, you want to say around 6am. or do you want to make it earlier so we can get to paragon by 7 and try to get in the park before 10,000 people show up.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 10:13 am

I was planning on leaving J-towne around 5 or a little before. So I should be at Tom's by about 5:45. Have to make a quick stop at the Goose to pick up Rich but don't plan on staying for breakfast so we can get there early but I don't think we'll make it much before 8.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 10:31 am

I will be having breakfast at the goose with Casey. We are leaving about 3:30 or 4 am to get to the goose by 5:30 -6 am or so and leaving there around 6:30 to get to Paragon early.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

update on PAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on PAP   update on PAP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

update on PAP
Page 1 of 1