Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

c-6 tranny rebuild

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:16 am

i had no problems last time out with my tranny overheating at all. but i think i might of run the pump dry on hells hole. it wines when you rev it up now and in my opinion it does slip when it gets hotter. i have a spare c-6 tranny and i am going to perform a rebuild on it myself. it is only 3 gears (no overdrive) and my older brother has rebuilt th350 before. so he can give me some insight. maybee if anyone can find a c-6 transmission rebuild video somewhere you can post a link. thank you. i have to fix my buggy damage from hells hole first, then i can check the tranny i have in it now to see the extent of the damage. I WOULD THINK IT COULD BE JUST THE PUMP GOING UP THAT IS MAKING THE WINING SOUND. BUT I HAVE TO PULL THE TRANNY TO GET TO THAT ANYWAY. any advice or links would help
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:37 am

Ford Transmissions are notorious for whinning. Its the nature of the beast and most of the time its due to valves getting worn out. I personally have never torn one apart but have owned a couple of fords that have done what your talking about.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:44 am

Von there is a Ton of info on google. I did a search for "c 6 transmission rebuild" there is pages of info but the first link looked good.

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techarticles/ford_c6_automatic_transmission_rebuild/index.html
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:48 am

first i am going to change my filter and re-assemble. then i will go from there.it will be awhile though, i don't have allot of spare time and i have to fix my rear drive shaft and all first. i am not going to pull it unless i have to
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:08 pm

sounds like you have good plan. I wouldn't pull it either unless you have to.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:39 am

do you think this is worth me acquiring for a spare just in case something is wrong with my tranny. it also has my same t.c on ithttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140317897131&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=
it doesn't seem like i can go wrong with it, BUT IT IS A 2 HOUR TRIP ONE WAY TO GET IT
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:05 pm

i bought the c-6 tranny with a 205 t.c on it for $45.00 . (what a deal) they said the tranny was rebuilt last year. we will see 9 and it came with the torque converter
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:47 pm

i am going to get it tommorrow...........BILL, it is somewhat near you isn't it. in smithsburg md 21783 up rt. 70
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:58 am

well i picked it up. every time i move one of these 205 around i remember how heavy the bastard is 2 . and this one had a c-6 on it. good thing the guy had a forklift to load it for me. i took the transfer case off to make it easier to move at home. the tranny fluid in this c-6 looks crystal clear and bright red. he said that it ran fine and it was rebuilt over a year ago. i am going to check the fluid/filter in mine and make the decision at that point if i am just going to change the whole thing. it should not be that hard to pull the whole tranny out. i will take pics and post them
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:53 am

sweet deal! yeah smithsburg is about 30 min north of me
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:53 am

If you have an extra Ford 205 lying around I may be interested in one.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:13 pm

but offcourse i have an extra,just let me know. i will hold onto it. hope you feel better soon
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:24 pm

thanks Von. I may end up going with a built Ford motor instead of building the Chevy 454. benefit is i can run a ford (drivers drop) 205 that can handle the HP and won't require any adaptors. It will be awhile though before I have to make that decision.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:07 am

here is an update, i removed my trans and transfer case and installed the other tranny, everything seemed to line up great. but i had a 1/16 gap at the bottom of the tranny and engine, so as i tightened the bolts up the gap was lessening, so i was like mbn . until the tranny housing cracked asdyuysigidfdjbisd . i was disgusted and went inside to go to bed....i have a np435 in my garage, i was thinking about putting in it. that would give me a crawl ratio of 52 with the 205 behind it, or a ratio of 72 with the np208 that is on that now. in either case i would have to put a clutch pedal in and a new clutch assembly and change the bell housing on it from a small block to a big block ford.(much cheaper then an atlas) but there would be no more overheating or tranny slippage issues to deal with. IDEAS AND INPUT PLEASE??
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:51 pm

well i made a whole bunch of calls today and came up short on finding a stock 460 bell housing to match up to a np435 or a T-18 WHICH I UNDERSTAND IS THE SAME BOLT UP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

c-6 tranny rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: c-6 tranny rebuild   c-6 tranny rebuild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

c-6 tranny rebuild
Page 1 of 1