Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

August 1-2 @ Rausch

Go down 
+3
makitupthehardway
md4wheelin
Hunt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunt
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Hunt

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-04-05

August 1-2 @ Rausch Empty
PostSubject: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:07 am

In response to Joe and Nester’s interest in wheeling the first weekend in August, I figured I would get the thread started. I will most likely be doing the Camp Comfort thing if anyone is interested in splitting a room. I have to get in touch with Bruce from Rausch to do a tech inspection on my jeep before the August 22 RC rocs. It shouldn’t take very long but we would probably do early in the morning before we headed out to wheel.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:38 pm

could we push this back a weekend if possible to give me some more time to finish my gears?
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Don't let me keep you guys from pushing it back. The reason I'm shooting for this weekend is Emily has a party for her sister and two cousins that day. Then the women in the family are throwing her some bridal shower or something. So come hell or high water I'm going wheeling and draging my baby brother along to show him what its all about. Clayton if you stick with this weekend you bring the keg cooler and I will bring the grill August 1-2 @ Rausch 621810
Back to top Go down
Hunt
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Hunt

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:06 am

makitupthehardway wrote:
Don't let me keep you guys from pushing it back. The reason I'm shooting for this weekend is Emily has a party for her sister and two cousins that day. Then the women in the family are throwing her some bridal shower or something. So come hell or high water I'm going wheeling and draging my baby brother along to show him what its all about. Clayton if you stick with this weekend you bring the keg cooler and I will bring the grill August 1-2 @ Rausch 621810

I am planning on being at Rausch August 1-2. I’ll be at the Comfort Inn Friday and Saturday nights. If you want to bring the chow, I will bring the brew!
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:57 am

I'm going to pull a Nester and say I want to go but not sure I can make it. I've been busting ass to get the CJ done and getting very close to being finished. If when I start the jeep this weekend and all the planets align and everything works first time i turn the key then I will be there. Also depends on whether i get the axle shaft back or not in time. we will see.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:51 pm

Hunt wrote:
makitupthehardway wrote:

I am planning on being at Rausch August 1-2. I’ll be at the Comfort Inn Friday and Saturday nights. If you want to bring the chow, I will bring the brew!

What kinda brew you drinking and what kinda food you like eatin.
Back to top Go down
Hunt
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Hunt

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:21 am

Home brewed beer verity. It SHOULD turn out a lot like a Blue Moon. Light, with a citrus aroma and a nice refreshing hop bite. Great summer time beer. I’ll eat just about anything. Dead cow goes very well with beer!
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Seems to me there are some people that are going to be two places at once or am I confused.

Some people are going to RC aug 1, 2 and some of the same people are leaving this thurs to go down south to KY

anyway I will not be making eather of these trips I will be at RC this sunday July 26 and next trip will be aug 22,23
for RC comp and wheel sunday.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:37 pm

no, the ky group is next thur. 7/30 7/31 8/1 8/2
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Hunt wrote:
Home brewed beer verity. It SHOULD turn out a lot like a Blue Moon. Light, with a citrus aroma and a nice refreshing hop bite. Great summer time beer. I’ll eat just about anything. Dead cow goes very well with beer!

Cool sounds good to me I love blue moon.
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:56 am

md4wheelin wrote:
no, the ky group is next thur. 7/30 7/31 8/1 8/2

8/1 8/2 is the same as aug 1 2 this is still the same weekend
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:56 pm

SPP YJ wrote:
and some of the same people are leaving this thurs to go down south to KY

I was correcting the above quote
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:50 pm

So this weekend is toyota take over at RC so I'm starting to the happy about this event. Clayton are you still in?
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:34 pm

I'm out this weekend. Randy is coming down to help with the CJ.
Back to top Go down
Hunt
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Hunt

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:45 pm

I'm in for both Sat and Sun. The usual seem to be to meet in the parking lot at 8-ish and go out form there. I'd like to spend some time in the comp area, maybe during the morning or evening and spend the heat of the day in the trees on the trails. What do you think?

5 gallons of brew are coming along as well. For parking lot consumption only.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Yeah they have a toyota event so maybe we could hook up with them but if not we are good on our own. I wouldn't mind running around the comp area with you in the afternoon on saturday.

I'm going to bring the fire pit for the parking lot drinking at camp comfort. I will have burgers and dogs with the small grill.
Back to top Go down
Hunt
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Hunt

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:23 pm

I've got a buddy coming with his King of the Hammers buggy so it should be a fun weekend. My number is 757-817-7495. We will be at the Comfort Inn tonight. See you there.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:28 pm

So yeah I'm not worth a shit. I'm a loser that is not going to show. The toyota has some over heating issue and I couldn't figure it out. Since the YJ is out due to a blown radiator and still broken front axle. I really want to give up on this shit.
Back to top Go down
Hunt
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Hunt

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:59 pm

I ran the Jeep harder this weekend than I ever had. I tried playing keep up Charlie Melchner and his KOH rig. His buggy is unreal. A combination of running faster and harder than I ever had and having the engine running better than it ever has, made for a really fun weekend. The air bumps soaked up the blasting down the service roads. We were really hauling butt. It took some pretty hard hits and it never felt bone jarring or out of control on the rebounds. I am very impressed with the performance out of the 5.3. No more stumble and no more smoke. Everything is really coming together nicely. With some coaching form Charlie I had the Jeep doing things I didn’t thing it was capable of doing. The Jeep is certainly far more capable than I know. It’s just to pretty for me to really test its limits. It almost landed on its head on the Trail 5 hill climb. It was nice to get it out and push it. We did Crawl Daddy. We did the first half in about 10 minutes. Charlie passed me in the first 20 feet and we did a hammer down, non stop, wheel spinning climb until we hit a group that was stuck right at the mid point. It was fantastic.

And there was plenty of beer for only three people waiting for us each night in the parking lot.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Thats sweet to hear, glad you had fun and are pushing your rig ther is no doubt in my muind what its capable of...
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:46 pm

SWEET! I look forward to wheeling with ya.
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Sounds like a good time Wish I was there cant wait till for the 23.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:25 am

assume, glad to hear the weekend went great for you. lk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 1-2 @ Rausch   August 1-2 @ Rausch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

August 1-2 @ Rausch
Page 1 of 1