Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble Empty
PostSubject: Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble   Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 8:02 am

So after spending the weekend hoping that Max would make it from the staging area to the trail head without killing one or both of us, and having nearly every Camp Jeep trail guide offer up an opinion as to what was wrong with the front end of the Jeep, here is what is wrong:

Three ball joints are bad. There is a chance that the knuckle on the right side could be bad, but we won't know until we take it all apart. The track bar end (Skinny end the professional said. Which I am taking to mean the driver's side end) is bad...ovalled out. Oh, and the tires need balancing.

So, the good deal I got on the axles...maybe not so good. The ball joints were probably bad when I got the axles. I spoke with Randy Wood, who hooked me up with the shop that sold and installed the axles. Since they advertised the axled with 5000 miles and in good condition (Failed to mention that they were 5000 hard-rock-crawling miles), we are going to go back to the shop and respectfully request that they do the ball joint work for the cost of the parts only.

If that doesn't happen, the plan is to order the track bar part, get the tires balanced while waiting, fix the track bar, then find a shop to do the front end at a reasonable cost.
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

PostSubject: Re: Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble   Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 8:05 am

Question:

Has anyone heard of Adrenaline Off Road in Burtonsville? I have heard that they can balance big, off-road tires? Any remarks, good or bad, about their work? They were recommended by one of the Camp Jeep Guides.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble   Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 8:27 am

Greg Knoll has dealt with Adrenaline Off Road. They are a mile or two from him. I would talk to him to get the scoop.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble   Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 2:58 pm

All I have heard from them is good things. They built gregs new rubicon and the did solid quality work.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble   Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 4:49 pm

End result?
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

PostSubject: Re: Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble   Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 8:22 pm

Sorry Bill....

Ball joints were done by a guy named Tony in Harrisburg for $150 + parts. Not a bad deal. Took Max out to Big Dogs for a shake out run, no more death wobble. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble   Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Max'll Be The Death of Me- aka Death Wobble
Page 1 of 1