Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser

Go down 
+12
mdcj7
md4wheelin
ptrautne
waldo27
KI4VQK
jealos-z
lloyder05
CagedSami
chics4jeeps
makitupthehardway
UPNOVER
The Devil Dog
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales
Registration date : 2007-01-19

September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 12:09 am

Stats from the ADA Fund Raiser weekend:

Supporting Sponsors: 36
(Auction Brokers, Mid-Atlantic Waterproffing, BushWacker, Solid, 4Wheel Drive Hardware, NAPA, JC Whitney, McGrek’s Rest, Adams Off Road Shop, K&N, Painless Performance Products, Rausch Creek Off Road Park, FlowMaster, MD Speed, AirRaid, Winch Line, McMahon Fabrications, Uno’s Chicago Grill, Flex-a-Lite, Superlift, Teraflex, BDS, Adrenaline Off Road, The Custom Shop Automotive, Premier Power Welder, Mr. Tire, Adams Suzuki, East Cost Off Road Shop, Excel Sportswear, Valvoline, Low-Range Magazine, Adventurous4x4.com, Sell Rite Real Estate, and O’Neal’s Pub.)

Total Prizes/Gift certificates: $7433.00 (Represents total sponsor investment to include T-shirt sponsorship)

Sponsor to Awards averages: $206.47 per sponsor

Registered Drivers at the Park: 36 (A drop of 3 drivers from 2006, but with a gain of 217% fundraising results)

Funding from Raffle tickets and T-shirt sales: $3,701.00 (123% from intended goal or 3000)

Driver to Funds Ratio: $102.81 per driver

Total number of people participating: 78 (2.16 persons per vehicle)

I only had time for these photos to down load: http://www.imagestation.com/album/slideshow.html?id=2087491010

Sunday: I just got home and took a well deserved shower.....Now I am somewhat relaxed and going through the picture files I had accumulated from Saturday and Sunday. There are a lot, got to down load Liz's camera and Brian’s. The story will not be easy to write this time since I was limited to where I was on both days, but I will comprise a narrative version. I count on those who where leading their perspective groups to tell the stories pertaining to their own experience. Anyone there can feel free to elaborate, add to or correct. Data on the final stuff will be posted later.

Thanks to all participants, volunteers, guides and friends. Most importantly, Thanks to all our Sponsors and Rausch Creek Off Road Park who contributed a significant amount based on attendance.

Pictures will be available later as well.

Matt I hope you recover quickly, thanks for your help and Tina you run a tight ship!

Last edited by on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:52 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Carnage   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 3:32 pm

Carnage... Only one problem within our trail group and it was at the end of the day........ Oh yeah how many did you loose Tico??? LOL...

Nester, Great Job on Saturday..... 9

Emily, thanks for showing those rocks who was in charge in the quarry.. Tina and the kids enjoyed it and now I can wheel more often..

Paul, I got some pictures for you...LOL shdjfhdjghkdbfjxcdb

Hope you guys had a great Sunday.. Sorry I missed it... I think the Flu finally caught up with me Saturday night, been fighting it all week.. Atleast I had a great time Saturday.. Our group was alot of fun..
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:50 am

It was fun I had a blast. I hope I can get the rig setup over the winter so I can run some harder stuff. None the less it was fun and over a good cause.
Back to top Go down
chics4jeeps
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
chics4jeeps

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:04 am

Awesome weekend!! Not good at the narrative part so will have to leave that to others...but it was great. Saturday we travelled with Tim leading and Crazy Jimmy tail gunning...enough said lol! Of all the pics, I think Jimmy grinning with mud & grit in his teeth was the best. Sunday I trail guided greens for the first time...that was fun and learned alot. Both days we had great groups with fun all around. The pics will pretty much tell their own story.

Veronica jeepchic

http://picasaweb.google.com/vegrover/ADARun91591620071
Back to top Go down
CagedSami
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
CagedSami

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 12:28 pm

I had a great time!! Its always great being the little guy (well atleast the sami is little) and keeping up with the bigger guys. Cant wait till next year (and greg is not allowed to be in the raffle next year)
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: AWESOME!   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:25 pm

The Adams Suzuki Store has pledged to support us too. Aside from ADAMS JEEP, now we have THE ADAMS SUZUKI TOO. Got to love when a plan comes together. We have added an additional $100.00 to the pot.
Back to top Go down
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:58 pm

What a perfect weekend for a great cause! Sat. had good runs on the greens and blues, a little carnage with Ryans springs snapping on both sides of the center pin and his rear drive shaft falling out, not to mention paul thinking that his CJ was a submarine at Sunken Treasure. Had a good time chillin by the fire with Nester, Emily and Ryan before heading to O'neals for dinner. Stayed a little to late with Paul and Anita 7 7 trying to drink them out of Blue Moon.

Sunday went great with lots of good black and red runs. I think the only carnage with this group wast Nester losing his front drive shaft. Not bad! 9

Here's the link to my pics:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=zyf2y3z.3d7l4epb&Uy=97xij8&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Link to video of paul and I climbing pitman rock:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7382769641728914987&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3072743157949724820
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 3:33 pm

Great Pics! Thanks for your help this weekend and for the McGrek's bonus.
Any chance to get a copy of thoase pipcs on a CD!

This is for ALL: I would like to make a movie of this past weekend, any photos and vidoes you may have please make me a CD in raw format ( copy from your file). I will in turn send you a finished product of the video.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Concern for a fellow Raider   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 3:56 pm

Anyone hear from Alan Wolfe? He drives the black JK, he had some issues with the rear lockers. We had a trailer to tow him home, but never heard from him. Just wondering. The Park does not store parts for JK yet, if anyone has parts like drive shafts, axles and the likes, please bring it ver to the park, some day you will need something and it would be nice if there is one already there.

You can recieve, but you got to give too!

The above also applies to CJ, YJ's and TJ's
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 4:34 pm

I talked to him Saturday night not knowing at first that he was with us. He was not very happy kinda felt like the lost lamb. I talked him thru getting the C clips out. He put his jeep together that night and left in the morning. His had a long ride back home to MISSISSIPPI !!! in front wheel drive cause he busted both rear axles.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 5:26 pm

both axles, (*^$^) that's not good, i was calling around to see if anyone could get ahold of an axle, but no one had one or knew were to get one during the weekend. So, Clarke volunteered to take him back home on the trailer, and he was going to drive his Jeep back. But by Morning he was gone.

I feel for him, both time he came out, he busted with in the first 30 minutes. he should be able to take that back to the Dealer and get it fixed for free, there is no reason for why they break so easy. I had called him, but he never replied back. I will send him a message later today.

Thanks Nester!
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: re   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 5:28 pm

Mississippi??????????????? Dam and we complain about our ride...
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 5:31 pm

No, he lives here in Maryland. I can remember why he was going back there though? But he did have a hell of a time with the Jeep, it's a shame too. He father like to wheel with him, but with all the brakeage on Saturday, there was not much I could do for him.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Just want to say thanks guys we had a blast and gona try to get to your next monthly to hook up with you all great bunch of people Just dont listen to Chris lol!
Back to top Go down
KI4VQK
Open/Open
Open/Open
KI4VQK

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:15 pm

Ya broke both rear axles. I was able to tear the whole axle down to see if I could order all the parts from jeep Sat before they closed. Pulled the rear drive shaft and 4x4'd home Sunday mourning around 0930. By the way the JK's don't have c-clips. End up detroying the detroit locker and all the bearings and seals and both axles. Total damage about $1000.00 rough estimate. Trying to obtain some dana 60's from currie or maybe just getting some from the junk yard and bypass the ESP system. Anyways had fun camping with my father in law and enjoyed the cool weather. Oh, I live in Glen Burnie just waiting to transfer the title to Maryland. And jeep will not warrenty anything because of the aftermarket locker and 35" tires. But its all good i've got some pretty good hookup through jeep. Maybe next time i'll bring my rabbit's foot for good luck. Cell phone didn't work up there, no signal, sorry I didn't answer.
Back to top Go down
waldo27
LS/Locker
LS/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:12 am

i had a great time cant wait to do it again
i learned so much this weekend
if anyone has a pic or 2 of me or my jeep could they send it to me plz.

did paul figure out what what was wrong with his clutch?

P.S. with the roll greg was on in the raffel i hope he played the lotto
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 11:11 am

Well, I am glad to hear you got home OK, man I was worried when I could get a hold of you. I think you might want to get an old pick up and trailer that thing around to the park, just in case. Or a trolley. Sorry I couldn't be much help. I hate lossing touch with members on the trails and more so, not being able to use our resoursess to aid the problem.

I would still challenge their desicion on the axles, who told you they couldn't cover it? The dealer service writer or the factory rep? Write to Chrysler Jeep ask through their forum for help.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 11:20 am

The raffle mistory; Understand that this was a fund raiser, the pourpose is to raise money for research, thus like gambling, you got to beat the odds the only way to do that is put the odds in your favor, he bought $400 dollars worth of tickets, that means he had a got chance in winning one out of every 2nd or 3rd draw. Much like our friend Randy Woods last year, he too bought 100 tickets, and like Greg took many prises too. Randy having his own store, was more than happy to re-donnate some of his winnings. But in all he play to win and you shall win.

Then again, there were a few people that bought just $20 bucks worth and got a good return on their investment. By the way, Greg did give back some items to the club for future local raffles. I like the 50/50 deal and think we will incorporate it durring our trail meets. We can put that money aside for a pickNickor something.
Back to top Go down
ptrautne
Open/Open
Open/Open

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:38 pm

The Devil Dog wrote:
Well, I am glad to hear you got home OK, man I was worried when I could get a hold of you. I think you might want to get an old pick up and trailer that thing around to the park, just in case. Or a trolley. Sorry I couldn't be much help. I hate lossing touch with members on the trails and more so, not being able to use our resoursess to aid the problem.

I would still challenge their desicion on the axles, who told you they couldn't cover it? The dealer service writer or the factory rep? Write to Chrysler Jeep ask through their forum for help.

You seriously think jeep should cover that? 35's and a detroit locker, when you lift and modify your vehicle you take responsibility.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: re   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:50 pm

So whats the deal with the jeep, Paul? did you get everything running right?
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 3:52 pm

ptrautne wrote:
The Devil Dog wrote:

You seriously think jeep should cover that? 35's and a detroit locker, when you lift and modify your vehicle you take responsibility.

I look at it this way; If you don't ask you won't find out how far you can push the limits. With the proper words and structured approach anything is possible, right. I am always an optomistic person.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 6:07 pm

remember that trail rated badge doesn't mean anything. I know for a fact that they only cover things that break under stock specs. unless you know the service guy. A detroit and 35's (though trail rated) does not fall under factory trail rated specs. Hell if you just up size the rims, it voids the whole driveline warrenty from tranny to axels if they really wanted to push the issue.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 6:42 pm

Everyone is also not remembering that its a DANA 35 aka TURDY 5, aka the glass rear. Its a serious POS, look at Tico snapping axles. Its not worth the investment. I tell everyone that has one "unless the parts are cheap dont bother" I have a 8.8 and anyone of us can buy it and install it for less than 500 bucks. Cheaper if you do your own fab work. They are common with 3:73's and 4:10's great swaps for most TJ's and YJ's oh ZJ's also.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:50 pm

Got to look at the jeep tonight got all the mud off first. Found the slave cylinder over extended. I thought this was all it was NO the clutch fingers seem to be push in and staying there on ther own. I found no mud in the bell housing so it looks like a clutch job will start this weekend.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 10:37 pm

I have never had any luck with jeep warrenties. Even when my jeep was the same as when I bought it. Looks like it was a good event. What was the final total.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser   September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

September 15 and 16th, 2007, Club Run & ADA Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next