Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

The Resurection Project

Go down 
+21
S h a n e
MYYJROX
ffhill61
lt.dan
jealos-z
SPP YJ
mdcj7
SLeach
Locked_N_Loaded
4jeepnuts
The Devil Dog
projblacknblue
UPNOVER
rockdw72
thinga'ma'rig
connordanny
Grason
timberwolf
makitupthehardway
Rockn93YJ
md4wheelin
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

The Resurection Project - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:09 pm

I thought about the diy beadlocks, but by the time I purchase the rims, kit and pay some one to weld them up so they don't leak, I'll probly be back at the price range of the TR beadlocks.

As for the steering, I think i'm going to stick with hydro assist just because your dead in the water if something goes wrong with the full hydro.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:29 pm

If the orbital valves are similar to tractor orbital valves they actually push a little fluid. Its like twenty turns from lock to lock but it does turn
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:39 pm

but your wheeling day is still shot though, were as the assist you can keep on getting it.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:42 pm

true, I thought you ment engine shuting off then getting back to camp. like if you throw a belt and have to be drug back to camp
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Joe the hubs I have are the Warn Premium manual locking hubs and they are indeed 35 spline. I'm returning them to Randy for a warranty exchange. I'll let you know when I get them back.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:14 am

cool, thank you sir just let me know what i owe you for them. Also keep me posted on that moving date so I can make sure that me and a loader will be able to make it on down to give you a hand.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:49 pm

Okay Finaly got around to starting the rear 60 install. All I have to say that their is nothing lite about those things. SO I decided to gut the thing to make it a little easier to move around when I go to throw it under the jeep.

The Resurection Project - Page 14 D60-1
The Resurection Project - Page 14 D602-1
The Resurection Project - Page 14 D601-1
The Resurection Project - Page 14 D6025
The Resurection Project - Page 14 D603-1
The Resurection Project - Page 14 D605
The Resurection Project - Page 14 D607
The Resurection Project - Page 14 D608

now the thing is about 200# lighter i'm ready to clean it up and get it ready for the truss that should be here any day.
The Resurection Project - Page 14 D609
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:28 pm

Hey dude - I pee'd there!
I wasn't about to go "into the wind" somewhere out in the yard

king
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:12 am

so did I, though were going to have to find a new spot soon. I'm going to pave the whole area in old bricks in the next few days to give it a floor. Also im suppposed to pick up a wood stove tomorrow, so with the back plywooded in and the front having a tarp it should stay nice and toasty in their for working on the jeep.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:15 am

HOLY CRAP WILL THIS THING EVER BE DONE jjjjjjjjjjj
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:07 pm

Joe, I have 2 gift certificates from Streetrod Manufacturing TSMMFG.COM that I received from someone at a drawing last year if you are interested. Brake parts!
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:51 pm

The Resurection Project - Page 14 D608

Stupid question of the day....what do you call that whole assembly shown in this pic? I am getting together my list of crap to sell and I have that whole thing from the front D60 when I got the ARB put in & the gears changed but I don't know what to call it when I post it. scratch
Back to top Go down
SLeach
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
SLeach

Male
Number of posts : 146

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:12 pm

The main section is called a carrier.
The one in the picture has the ring gear attached.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:43 pm

Joe you can just call them ring and pinion gear sets with carriers.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:22 pm

That's what I thought but someone told me that was wrong. I should have asked the people who know in the first place. Sorry to hijack your thread Joe. jjjjjjjjjjj
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:07 pm

who ever told you, tell them to go fuck them selves.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:09 pm

4sure they are not very smart. They need a 4
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Good luck selling those Kat. they are the stock gears and carrier from 1979 and the ratio is like 3.54
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Rockn93YJ wrote:
Good luck selling those Kat. they are the stock gears and carrier from 1979 and the ratio is like 3.54

Yeah...I'm sure it will end up being an eBay thing but I'll post it up anyway. You never know what people are looking for or why.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:26 am

put it on craigslist, it is free. and i have sold a few things on there
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:00 am

x2 on craigslist. also don't forget to mention if the carrier is for 4.10 or lower gears or 4.11 or higher because their is a size difference between the two carriers.

Also Bill I may take you up on that offer and buy those from you. Turns out Ballistic forgot to mention that they were running almost two weeks behind in shipping stuff so my parts won't be here till the end of this week begining of next. i'll take a look at what I got and talk to you when were moving since that would only be a few days away by then.

Also i think I'm going to do another post of this with just pics so I can shorten this up to a few pages for those who what to see the abriviated version (like rob jocolor jjjjjjjjjjj )
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:59 am

Just for you rob I have this down sized to one page now with the cliff note version jocolor asdyuysigidfdjbisd
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:59 am

To link or not to link is the question. To save a few dollars and get the rig on the trail a little faster I was looking at possible doing a 3 link up front on the 60 instead of trussing it which is around $450. Any suggestions on this. I was thinking that I could mount the UCA link to the body on the bracket next to were the RE LCA mounts . This way if I ever wanted to truss up the axel It wouldn't be a prob to go back. looks like i'm going to try to build my own hydro assist to save a few dollars. i'm guessing that Tractor supply would carry the ram i needed and lozndale and holtzman can build the lines.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:28 pm

"To link or not to link is the question. To save a few dollars and get the rig on the trail a little faster I was looking at possible doing a 3 link up front on the 60 instead of trussing it which is around $450. "

Good call, I did the leaf setup in front, cheap, simple. later I may link the front but to get it running and on teh trail i decided to go the easy route at first. You could build your own truss, not that hard.

"looks like i'm going to try to build my own hydro assist to save a few dollars. i'm guessing that Tractor supply would carry the ram i needed and lozndale and holtzman can build the lines."

that sounds very interesting, you will have to let me know what you find out.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:13 pm

I am not sure what you are saying. are you saying that you might put leaves up front. Are you saying that you are going to reuse the RE radius arms but only have a upper link on the passenger side so you don't have to have to build a truss on the driver, that will work. you could do a 3link and have the upper on the passenger side. or are you saying that you are not going to do a 4link right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Resurection Project
Page 14 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next