Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CamoK5
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
CamoK5

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-01-20

POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ? Empty
PostSubject: POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ?   POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:08 pm

I working on putting the new axles under my M1009 and was thinking of using the POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in my front Dana 60 for ease of installation. What do you guy think about that ? I was thinking of having the spiders welded but I want to be able to drive it on the street and not have to much trouble steering. I'm trying to get the new truck ready for the NFWDA Wheel'n in April and the Loc-Right would be quick and easy.

Mark
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ?   POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:40 pm

weld it you have locking hubs on it when your on the street you would know it there.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ?   POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:40 pm

only prob with welding is that its going to be a bitch to steer in tight areas. At least with the locker it would be a little easier to get around the trees. I welded my 30 just for the hell of it because I was getting rid of it and it sucked on the tight trails with my longer wheel base. next time out I had a limited slip and the difference was night and day. THough the other option is just leave one hub open till you need it and then lock it in. So I guess it comes down to how much is it worth to you, to not have to jump in and out of the truck to lock the hubs in.
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
CamoK5

Male

PostSubject: Re: POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ?   POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 8:21 pm

The steering was my main concern, seeing I'm a good bit larger than a Jeep. I can get a new Loc-Right for $350 including shipping is that a good price ?

Mark
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ?   POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:45 am

its worth your time to check out a aussie.
Back to top Go down
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ?   POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 7:25 pm

do it
Back to top Go down
CamoK5
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
CamoK5

Male

PostSubject: Re: POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ?   POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:59 pm

Paul and I checked today and Aussie only shows 1/2t , nothing bigger than a D44.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ?   POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT in a D60 ?
Page 1 of 1