Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Lock - Rite and other issues

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Lock - Rite and other issues Empty
PostSubject: Lock - Rite and other issues   Lock - Rite and other issues Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 8:52 pm

Ok I got the rebuild kit for the lock - rite and plan on tackling it this weekend. funny think happened on the way home from the store today though. I was in the parking lot and in 1st gear, no movement. First though was that the rear hubs were unlocked some how. Nope everything was fine there. So I put it in 4 wheel drive to move it and once I moved it about 10 yards took it out of 4 wheel and the rear was now engaged again. I have not had any regular click or clack from the rear, that I would associate with the axle shafts being a problem. Does this seem like something that could be caused by the locker issue. It has the Warn full floater kit in the rear.

The other issue is that between 35 to 40 MPH I will get a bad wobble in the steering. My first thoughts are a broken belt in one of the tires, or a U Joint possibly??

Thanks in Advance
Chris
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Lock - Rite and other issues   Lock - Rite and other issues Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 9:33 pm

could be that you lost a weight on the tires or that you have a flat spot on them. As for the rear when you said you had no movement, was the rear drive shaft spinning ? If so I would have to say it had something to do with the locker.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lock - Rite and other issues   Lock - Rite and other issues Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 9:57 pm

Yeah I checked the wieghts and it did not look like any were missing but a balance would not hurt I'm sure.

It was raining its ass off so I could not examine the underside while this was going on... so I cannot tell if the saft was spinning. I will investigate that if it happens again.
Back to top Go down
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Lock - Rite and other issues   Lock - Rite and other issues Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 10:26 pm

Chris, it could be the locker. I have had nothing but trouble with my lunchbox in the front. It locks and unlocks when it wants or just spins no power to the shafts. I have had it apart and redone everything from thrust washers to new springs. The locker itself may not be the problem. The stock carriers are known to be off specs so to say. This can cause problems with the locker. I would suggest replacing the springs and see if that helps. Unfornuately checking the carrier is hard. I have run numerous lunch box stlye lockers and have had no issues before this one. So it is kinda a crap shoot to find the issue. Has far as the tire issue it could be a belt in the tire or that they just need balanced. Also check the CV joint on the driveshaft for slop.
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lock - Rite and other issues   Lock - Rite and other issues Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 4:37 pm

Ok I took it apart and nothing seemed out of place. Took out the locker and reassembled it... still not working. Drivers tire spinning passenger stilling still. Where would be the best place to have it looked at? I live real close to East Coast Offroad, but don't know anytihing about them. Anyone have a recomendation?
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Lock - Rite and other issues   Lock - Rite and other issues Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 10:55 pm

You might want to try Jason at Powers Rock and Rally in Abingdon. 443 921 8002 x502. I have never had any work done by him but he seems pretty cool over the phone. He is a marylandcreeper and is a vendor for them. Those guys will usually say if there is any problems. He buys all his parts from my vendor and I hear he does alot of business.

I dont know how the service department at ECHO is but their parts department are not very knowledgeable.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lock - Rite and other issues   Lock - Rite and other issues Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 10:59 pm

I just saw your other post. So Ron at Perryhall wouldnt help you out... He is dead set for only running 44's and up.. When I talked to him about my cj a few years back they had me putting $8000 in axle's under a 84 cj.. Dont think so..

Was his girl's Rubi out front?? He does build some nice rigs..
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lock - Rite and other issues   Lock - Rite and other issues Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 11:27 pm

Yeah he was busting on me for having a 30 in the front and a 35 in the rear. Like I told him, when they break I'll think about the upgrade but I am going to run them till they break.

thanks for the heads up on Powers, I'll call them Monday. This locker is really pissing me off. It drives me nuts when things don't work right.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Lock - Rite and other issues   Lock - Rite and other issues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 1:07 pm

UPNOVER wrote:
So Ron at Perryhall wouldnt help you out..
dhhfsdhfjsddsf
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lock - Rite and other issues   Lock - Rite and other issues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 3:57 pm

md4wheelin wrote:
UPNOVER wrote:
So Ron at Perryhall wouldnt help you out..
dhhfsdhfjsddsf

ITs sad because he is so knowledgeable and has the ability at his shop to really excel but he is just an ass to the normal guy. I never deal with him, I always try to talk to his girl. she is very nice. The problem is he is usually the one that stocks the odd items you need at the worst moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lock - Rite and other issues   Lock - Rite and other issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lock - Rite and other issues
Page 1 of 1