Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

ARB Issues - Rich Curse Continues!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

ARB Issues - Rich Curse Continues! Empty
PostSubject: ARB Issues - Rich Curse Continues!   ARB Issues - Rich Curse Continues! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 11:54 pm

I NEVER had a problem with my ARBs until I met Rich and he said about the ARBs being a pain in the ass. I go on to tell him "never a problem with mine, had one in my dana35 for 2 years then my 8.8 since". I had the locker in the 8.8 for 4 or 5 years now and in the last 6 months have been having problems.

First was my fault by bending the copper air line a bit when changing the diff fluid which caused it to be eaten by the R&P. Since seeing bill's post about the compressor problems and reading the same all over the net I was counting on the failure of my ARB compressor. I left the ARB comp. in place when I did my on-board air because i figured it wasn't causing any problems, yet, and just left it in place.

Yesterday I thought the solenoid was leaking but it turns out the compressor wasn't putting out enough pressure. No more ARB compressor!! Took a trip to Lowe's and bought $23 worth of brass fittings and hose and in about an hour the York onboard air was running my air lockers! I used the pressure regulator from the ARB compressor to keep it to ARB spec. With some research I found that the ARB needs between 80-105psi but ideally 80-85. I've read before that anymore will cause problems with seals etc. This was a big relief because I just kept thinking back to Bill's post of waiting for parts for over a month. To make this setup even better I may eventually end up ditching the ARB solenoids but for now I have a free one for a spare on the way from ARB for free under a warranty replacement. It was the first time I've talked to customer service in a long time and had them say ahh we'll just send you a new one!

I didn't pull the ARB compressor out yet and there is some cleaning up to do with the wires but there's the solenoids wired to the compressor and pressure regulator and they go down to a T fitting to the air line that runs to my back bumper that acts as my mini air tank.

Sorry for the long post (if you made it this far hahaa)!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/njf128/MISC
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

ARB Issues - Rich Curse Continues! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARB Issues - Rich Curse Continues!   ARB Issues - Rich Curse Continues! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 1:10 am

I bought extra parts to fix the valve that went bad in mine just in case. working fine now.
Back to top Go down

ARB Issues - Rich Curse Continues!
Page 1 of 1